blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Black Belt Poker
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Belt Poker  (Read 72035 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

Woody Deck
Dave Bland
Dean Sanders
Hugh Kirton
Alex Martin
Mark McCluskey
James Keys
Scott O’Reilly
James Mitchell
Mickey Wernick
Nicky Evans  o'rly
Joe Whittaker
Jerome Bradpiece
Eoin Kennedy
Sunny Chattha
James Atkin
Nick Wright
Charles Chattha
Adam Vinson
Ben Vinson
Adam Noone
Toby Lewis
Aarun Bernard
Steve Holden
Alan Vinnicombe
Marc Wright
Gareth Cash
Jamie Roberts
Stephen Hall
Ramsey Ajram
Richard Hawes
Kevin Allen
Richie Allen
Tony Phillips
Dave Penly
Dominic Kay
Daniel Murphy
Jon Lundy
Sebastian Saffari
David Tighe
Neil Blatchly
Sida Yuen
Sandeep Shah
Rob Lawlor
Adam Latimer
Simon Knight
Michael Douglas
Henry Griffiths
Joel Ettedgy
Bill Purle

For Pads

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »

Woody Deck - never heard of
Dave Bland - in poker media?
Dean Sanders - never heard of
Hugh Kirton - never heard of
Alex Martin- works for grosvenor
Mark McCluskey - retired?
James Keys - living in Asia with family, retired?
Scott O’Reilly - never heard of
James Mitchell - UK live cash game reg?
Mickey Wernick - guessing retired
Nicky Evans  o'rly - retired real estate
Joe Whittaker - never heard of
Jerome Bradliece - never heard of
Eoin Kennedy - never heard of
Sunny Chattha - no idea
James Atkin - working for DTD
Nick Wright - works in poker media, stars blog etc
Charles Chattha - no idea?
Adam Vinson - no idea?
Ben Vinson - still plays
Adam Noone - never heard of
Toby Lewis - still plays
Aarun Bernard - never heard of
Steve Holden - never heard of
Alan Vinnicombe - never heard of
Marc Wright - plays Mtts still
Gareth Cash - never heard of
Jamie Roberts - no idea
Stephen Hall- never heard of
Ramsey Ajram - never heard of
Richard Hawes - no idea
Kevin Allen - still plays I think
Richie Allen - no idea
Tony Phillips - stopped playing i guess?
Dave Penly - stopped playing I guess?
Dominic Kay - I guess doesn't play anymore
Daniel Murphy- never heard of
Jon Lundy - works for pokertube
Sebastian Saffari - still plays
David Tighe - no idea
Neil Blatchly - gg
Sida Yuen - no idea
Sandeep Shah - never heard of
Rob Lawlor gg
Adam Latimer - never heard of
Simon Knight- never heard of
Michael Douglas- never heard of
Henry Griffiths- never heard of
Joel Ettedgy- never heard of
Bill Purle- never heard of

For Pads

Kind of sad no?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2017, 02:43:34 AM »

Never heard of "All in Vin"?! Used to collect flags for fun at all the small euro tour events. Fun times.

A regular down in Bristol still, just doesn't play the bigger tournaments so much.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2017, 02:49:59 AM »

Dave Bland - in poker media? Sky Poker I think, Tikay can probably confirm
Mark McCluskey - retired? Was definitely playing the circuit last year, doubt he's retired. Great player. Very smart, did a PT presentation during the process which blew my mind.
Nicky Evans  o'rly - retired real estate
Joe Whittaker - was a pro,, not sure what he does now. Was a smart kid who went to uni, assume he's now in a good non poker job
Jerome Bradliece - PLO crusher, no idea if he still plays
Eoin Kennedy - fairly certain he now works for stars in a online poker room capacity
Sunny Chattha - quit poker afaik
Nick Wright - works in poker media, stars blog etc - yep, that's me. Definitely wish I'd kicked on from here as I had access to so many great poker minds.
Adam Vinson - no idea?
Ben Vinson - still plays
Adam Noone - was a Full Tilt Red Pro and worked for The Hendon Mob. Had a family so easy to assume that the decline of FT led to a career change. Hope he's doing well, was a geunine guy.
Toby Lewis - still plays
Steve Holden - was the satellite king. Had his own business, think that's what he does now.
Alan Vinnicombe - All-in Vin! As far as I can remember he was actually never part of the grading. Made his living via karaoke hires and sharked eastern euro live Mtts before anyone else did.
Gareth Cash - never heard of - Irish fella. Notorious during the grading for accidentally regging a sit and go that was 50x times the stakes we should've been playing.
Jamie Roberts - Son of you know who. We did a presentation together. Impression was that he'd succeed at whaterver he put his mind too. If that's poker it's live cash.
Stephen Hall- Member of Blonde. Mohican29 maybe, could be wrong. Definitely a poster on here at some point though.
Ramsey Ajram - Was an absolute crusher back in the day. No idea if he quit poker or if poker quit him. Seemed to have that perfect blend of fearlessness, maths and instinct.
Richard Hawes - posts on Blonde i think, can't remember his alias. Lives in Leeds I believe. PLO8 is his game of choice I believe, still very much a winning player.
Richie Allen - no idea
Dominic Kay - Makes a living via sports betting I believe, Nico29 on Blonde. Lives up in Manchester these days. Met him at a live MTT about a year ago and he's still loving poker.
David Tighe - posts on Blonde. Can't remember his alias but he's very very knowledgable about cricket and posts bets on TFT. Absolutely crushed the HU SNG back then, no idea if he still does.
Neil Blatchly - gg
Sida Yuen - no idea
Rob Lawlor gg
Adam Latimer - Oxbridge student I believe. Saw him at The Vic a few times. Omaha player. He may still be playing live for a living but I can't confirm. If he's not he'll be doing alright.
Henry Griffiths- I see him pop up on facebook from time to time. He's catching fish of a different kind these days, he's a keen angler.
Joel Ettedgy- he'd won the Sunday Million prior to the grading starting, no idea if he still plays poker.

For Pads

Kind of sad no?

I was obviously in the bottom 10% of this group, but it was a really great experience. A great clinic and place to learn. We had a get together every Wednesday afternoon at The Loose Cannon club and Neil had some great contacts. One afternoon Phil Laak shows up (Jennifer was in a play in London) and he runs us thru all the big hands he's played in the latest series of High Stakes Poker that's just aired, including a weird/bad call he made versus Tom Dwan (his description, not mine).

Sida, James Keys, Kevin Allen, David Tighe and Jerome were the five who stood out for me at the time. You could take one of two routes - cash or sit and gos - Sida and James crushed the former, while Kevin and David were absolute beasts at the latter and Jerome was a PLO crusher. Sida and James were really engaging and forthcoming in the BB Poker forum too and Kevin - who like me played sit and gos - weighed in on hand histories with great authority.

Keys was down a bunch after week one of the grading, playing lower stakes than he usually would to boot, he wanted to quit. A prop bet between Sida and himself changed his mind and over the next three weeks Keys totally turned it around. Was quite something to witness. Everyone was rooting for him (well maybe not Sida).

I've edited the list above to the best of my knowledge.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:00:29 AM by dino1980 » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »

the allen boys still playing in london, Mitchell i havent seen in about 3yrs but he's got 2 kids now. Jamie Roberts still smashing it up in london, under the radar.

Rich Hawes is Neptune04, such a great guy, got a kid as well now, plays mixed games and some live cash games up north.

Not seen jerome bradpiece in 3-4yrs either but he's another smashing bloke, asked after him through neil the other day thiinks hes quit poker.

not seen sida in 4-5yrs either, always used to find him playing blackjack by himself at 6am in vegas Tongue last heard he based in hong kong and crushing it, he was real sicko back in the day.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »

the allen boys still playing in london, Mitchell i havent seen in about 3yrs but he's got 2 kids now. Jamie Roberts still smashing it up in london, under the radar.

Rich Hawes is Neptune04, such a great guy, got a kid as well now, plays mixed games and some live cash games up north.

Not seen jerome bradpiece in 3-4yrs either but he's another smashing bloke, asked after him through neil the other day thiinks hes quit poker.

not seen sida in 4-5yrs either, always used to find him playing blackjack by himself at 6am in vegas Tongue last heard he based in hong kong and crushing it, he was real sicko back in the day.

I never saw Jerome in Vegas, but thought he was mentioned whilst I was out there playing one of my tournaments.  Tikay should be able to confirm?  He also has a daily deepstack cash whilst out there.  Maybe he is just more part-time now.

I come across Woody Deck every so often.  Scary player in his day.  No idea how much he plays now. 

Didn't Dave Penly go back to accounting, tax or similar?  No idea of his current status.  Have seen him at a table recently, but not regular at all. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2017, 09:20:05 PM »

Didn't Dave Penly go back to accounting, tax or similar?  No idea of his current status.  Have seen him at a table recently, but not regular at all. 

On a payment plan sending Flushy £10 a month.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »

I never saw Jerome in Vegas, but thought he was mentioned whilst I was out there playing one of my tournaments.  Tikay should be able to confirm?  He also has a daily deepstack cash whilst out there.  Maybe he is just more part-time now.

I come across Woody Deck every so often.  Scary player in his day.  No idea how much he plays now. 

Yes, I shared a few tables with Jerome Bradpiece in Vegas again this year, as I seem to do every year. We play much the same Vegas "summer circuit" of PLO & PLO8, though he plays more mixed games than I do.

We had some time together in a PLO event at Binions this year, & he told me he was 0 for plenty, had not had a single cash at that time. (He later had a min cash in a Daily Rio Deepie).

His prior cash to Vegas this year was in Cambodia of all places, which I can't imagine gets much by way of passing poker traffic, though I'm sure I can guess it's attractions to Jerome.

He is quite a character, & hilariously funny in a dry way. The Septics don't realise he is having a little sport with them much of the time. I like him immensely.

Never saw Woody Deck in Vegas this year, but I did come across him there last year. A most unusual & interesting guy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2017, 10:47:41 PM »

Yes, I shared a few tables with Jerome Bradpiece in Vegas again this year, as I seem to do every year. We play much the same Vegas "summer circuit" of PLO & PLO8, though he plays more mixed games than I do.

We had some time together in a PLO event at Binions this year, & he told me he was 0 for plenty, had not had a single cash at that time. (He later had a min cash in a Daily Rio Deepie).

His prior cash to Vegas this year was in Cambodia of all places, which I can't imagine gets much by way of passing poker traffic, though I'm sure I can guess it's attractions to Jerome.

He is quite a character, & hilariously funny in a dry way. The Septics don't realise he is having a little sport with them much of the time. I like him immensely.

Never saw Woody Deck in Vegas this year, but I did come across him there last year. A most unusual & interesting guy.

That's a very polite way of describing him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2017, 10:52:29 PM »

He actually popped up on a Facebook thread about the WSOP, posted by one of the guys I used to work with at Badbeat.

He was chatting with Lovejoy on there a short while back, too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »

Dave Bland - in poker media? Sky Poker I think, Tikay can probably confirm
Mark McCluskey - retired? Was definitely playing the circuit last year, doubt he's retired. Great player. Very smart, did a PT presentation during the process which blew my mind.
Nicky Evans  o'rly - retired real estate
Joe Whittaker - was a pro,, not sure what he does now. Was a smart kid who went to uni, assume he's now in a good non poker job
Jerome Bradliece - PLO crusher, no idea if he still plays
Eoin Kennedy - fairly certain he now works for stars in a online poker room capacity
Sunny Chattha - quit poker afaik
Nick Wright - works in poker media, stars blog etc - yep, that's me. Definitely wish I'd kicked on from here as I had access to so many great poker minds.
Adam Vinson - no idea?
Ben Vinson - still plays
Adam Noone - was a Full Tilt Red Pro and worked for The Hendon Mob. Had a family so easy to assume that the decline of FT led to a career change. Hope he's doing well, was a geunine guy.
Toby Lewis - still plays
Steve Holden - was the satellite king. Had his own business, think that's what he does now.
Alan Vinnicombe - All-in Vin! As far as I can remember he was actually never part of the grading. Made his living via karaoke hires and sharked eastern euro live Mtts before anyone else did.
Gareth Cash - never heard of - Irish fella. Notorious during the grading for accidentally regging a sit and go that was 50x times the stakes we should've been playing.
Jamie Roberts - Son of you know who. We did a presentation together. Impression was that he'd succeed at whaterver he put his mind too. If that's poker it's live cash.
Stephen Hall- Member of Blonde. Mohican29 maybe, could be wrong. Definitely a poster on here at some point though.
Ramsey Ajram - Was an absolute crusher back in the day. No idea if he quit poker or if poker quit him. Seemed to have that perfect blend of fearlessness, maths and instinct.
Richard Hawes - posts on Blonde i think, can't remember his alias. Lives in Leeds I believe. PLO8 is his game of choice I believe, still very much a winning player.
Richie Allen - no idea
Dominic Kay - Makes a living via sports betting I believe, Nico29 on Blonde. Lives up in Manchester these days. Met him at a live MTT about a year ago and he's still loving poker.
David Tighe - posts on Blonde. Can't remember his alias but he's very very knowledgable about cricket and posts bets on TFT. Absolutely crushed the HU SNG back then, no idea if he still does.
Neil Blatchly - gg
Sida Yuen - no idea
Rob Lawlor gg
Adam Latimer - Oxbridge student I believe. Saw him at The Vic a few times. Omaha player. He may still be playing live for a living but I can't confirm. If he's not he'll be doing alright.
Henry Griffiths- I see him pop up on facebook from time to time. He's catching fish of a different kind these days, he's a keen angler.
Joel Ettedgy- he'd won the Sunday Million prior to the grading starting, no idea if he still plays poker.

For Pads

Kind of sad no?

I was obviously in the bottom 10% of this group, but it was a really great experience. A great clinic and place to learn. We had a get together every Wednesday afternoon at The Loose Cannon club and Neil had some great contacts. One afternoon Phil Laak shows up (Jennifer was in a play in London) and he runs us thru all the big hands he's played in the latest series of High Stakes Poker that's just aired, including a weird/bad call he made versus Tom Dwan (his description, not mine).

Sida, James Keys, Kevin Allen, David Tighe and Jerome were the five who stood out for me at the time. You could take one of two routes - cash or sit and gos - Sida and James crushed the former, while Kevin and David were absolute beasts at the latter and Jerome was a PLO crusher. Sida and James were really engaging and forthcoming in the BB Poker forum too and Kevin - who like me played sit and gos - weighed in on hand histories with great authority.

Keys was down a bunch after week one of the grading, playing lower stakes than he usually would to boot, he wanted to quit. A prop bet between Sida and himself changed his mind and over the next three weeks Keys totally turned it around. Was quite something to witness. Everyone was rooting for him (well maybe not Sida).

I've edited the list above to the best of my knowledge.

Just picking up on as few of those, including those Nick asked me about;

Woody Deck.

See my previous post. Had a stack of cashes, very competent player in his time. Finalled the WSOP $3,000 PLO8 a few years back.

Dave Bland.

He left Sky Poker some years ago & went to work with Des Duffy at Betclic/Everest in Hammersmith. Des moved on to be quite a force in FTP games, and the last I heard Blandy was still at Betclic/Everest.

Alex Martin

Have to say, I never knew he was working for Grosvenor. Will do him good if he buckles down to it.

Mohican29

Don't think there is a Mohican29 on blonde. "Mohican" is not Stephen Hall, it's Carl Jones who, fascinatingly, works for London Underground.  

Kevin Allen

Still plays, yes. "@GamblingPays" on Twitter. Great fun, genuinely. He's often a team with Dave Shallow in various degenerate coups. Saw him in Vegas last year but not this year.  A very proud Dad these days.

David Tighe.

Pretty sure that is "Gherkin". Well clever when it comes to cricket betting.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:16:51 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2017, 10:58:58 PM »

Of course.....

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2017, 02:54:15 AM »

Black belt starts tomorrow.. Who would be in the 2017 channing 50?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 25, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »

Aarun Barnard- playing DC Cash at Nottingham Alea last time I went there.

Bill Purle- Was "Miros" on Pokerstars back in the day. Most famous for winning more than 1st prize in a Stars WSOP Sat in 2003/2004 I think. Was a friend of Richard Gryko

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2017, 12:18:17 PM »

Black belt starts tomorrow.. Who would be in the 2017 channing 50?

Wanted 50 enthusiastic leafleteers and bet runners?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: