blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  staking request for £500 plo gukpt side event
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: staking request for £500 plo gukpt side event  (Read 8498 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »

To be honest mate your proposal doesn't exactly inspire me.

Try checking out some of the Simon Trumper proposals. They leave people much more confident than just saying:

"play quite a bit of omaha online".

As this is your first one why not offer it at 1:1? You'd have more chance of selling and maybe it would help any future stakes you may be after where you may get away with charging a premium.

If you check Simon's first stake for the WSOPE although unsuccessful he gives a full tourney report and explains what happened. This gives stakers a bit more for their money even though he didn't win anything. It made me confident enough to back him again in his next one that's for sure.

What is your tournament report going to be like? I get the impression from reading the proposal that it will be vague at best and at worst "sorry guys, I lost"

I don't mean to sound too harsh here just trying to give some honest advice which may help you out in future.

Cheers

Matt

tbf matt, people back simon cus he's a winner of LNP, he could write one line of proposal and still recieve staking.

Mmmm not sure about that. That hadn't even entered the equation in my thinking, and its not as if its anywhere near sold out yet, so I don't think that's quite right.
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 03:16:34 AM »

they stake him cos he has won stuff before....if i had the money he has had in his time i would play every major tourny aswell....then if i win  one ppl would be happier to stake me right ?...or wrong ?

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 04:35:08 AM »

right muzzle
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 09:02:30 AM »

don't think my perevious statement about simon purely getting staked on his LNP exploits is fair or true, hes done a lot of good things in this game. Appols
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:09:06 AM by action man » Logged
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

so wot do ppl suggest i do to get ppl to be interested in staking me then?Huh?Huh?Huh???

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »

so wot do ppl suggest i do to get ppl to be interested in staking me then?Huh?Huh?Huh???

I'd start by taking the advice earlier in the thread and write and better looking proposal that people can take more seriously. At the moment it just looks like a random request for money rather than a proper business proposal. Look at other proposals where others have managed to get staked and take the good bits out of those.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »

If you were buying a car, would you prefer loads of details about the car, its history, photos from all sorts of angles of the interior, exterior and  the engine - or just a brief description that could apply to any car?

You're asking people to part with money so the thinking is similar.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

i have put up a link from a request where i got staked so ppl could see it surely ppl would have looked at this....theres not a lot more i acan say about it except that i think im a very good omaha player and half the field would probably be very easy to play against ........i also told ppl i would give them my screennames upon request and nobody asked?Huh???// why do u think this is?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

Also take into consideration that if people don't know you they are way less likely to stake you as well. I don't know how many people you know well on here, but if its not many that's unlikely to help your cause I'm afraid.
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 07:51:17 PM »

im quite well known at luton but thats about it so maybe ur right then....oh well no harm in keep tryin maybe oneday it will happen lol

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 07:53:42 PM »

i have put up a link from a request where i got staked so ppl could see it surely ppl would have looked at this....theres not a lot more i acan say about it except that i think im a very good omaha player and half the field would probably be very easy to play against ........i also told ppl i would give them my screennames upon request and nobody asked?Huh???// why do u think this is?

Sorry $smuz, but you need to understand - peeps will stake you if they feel so inclined, & they won't if they don't. That's their right, & choice.

Why won't they stake you? I have no idea, but they don't have to justify it. Maybe you should aim a little lower. Or maybe you need to have a better CV. 

Hopefully, you can, soon, prove yourself, & then the Stakers will be interested.

Good Luck fella.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »

Also take into consideration that if people don't know you they are way less likely to stake you as well. I don't know how many people you know well on here, but if its not many that's unlikely to help your cause I'm afraid.

He's quite well-known in G-Luton, where there are numerous blondes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »

yes i do understand and thanks for everybodys replys i was just askin for feedback so i know how to go about it next time as this one is obviously bein played tmw and no interest wot so ever.thanks again for ur replys guys......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 08:11:51 PM »

yes i do understand and thanks for everybodys replys i was just askin for feedback so i know how to go about it next time as this one is obviously bein played tmw and no interest wot so ever.thanks again for ur replys guys......

The overall thrust of advice on the thread is the main thing you should focus on, imo - present your Proposal a little better. The more established, "name" players, can get away with a poorly-presente Proposal. A newbie is gonna struggle, though.

And take that hat off - that's a big negative for an Omaha player. Wink
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 08:13:34 PM by tikay » Logged

$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

lol....about the hat

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: