blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Looking for WSOP steps backer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for WSOP steps backer.  (Read 12464 times)
Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 03:25:09 PM »

This winner takes all Step 6 just doesn't look very appealing.
Hopefully they will add something else, do they ever have step 6's for the side events a $1,500 game and $1,500 would be interesting.

Stars arent running any sats for any WSOP event other than the ME. Although you can usually buyin to the smaller events with FPPs and $w. I guess the fact that they can't buy you in direct and they have to just deposit the money in your stars account has something to do with that.

they do run steps for stuff like SCOOP and WCOOP which could potentialy turned into cash, steps for stuff like the EPT you have no choice but to play the first seat you win coz stars runs the tournaments and buys you in direct.

Thank you for your email.

We will offer the traditional 9-man Step 6 SitnGo for the WSOP as well.

As the satellites have just been launched this Step 6 is not yet available
but it will soon be deployed in the lobby.

Yep, good stuff. Interested to see what the payout structure will be this time, the wsop package is $12K instead of $12.5K this year so the payout of the step will be changed because of that at least. Also interested to see which steps , 6max or 9man go off the most.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »

lend me $10k flushy
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »

What rate do you reckon you will get the W$ for at the point you cashout?

I am guessing a few people will have the same idea....

Does anyone on blonde know Dale personally? Not a slight on you Dale i would just like to know before possibly giving over 20k.

Dales a Good fella James, Deffo trustworthy, knows his stuff and will probably make you a decent return

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »

ty billy

just checked the lobby and there is now a Step 6A which is a 12player sng with a 9player final table that pays 12K packages to 1st and 2nd and nothing to 3rd-12th.

this clearly means more variance than the standard 9man sng that paid 12.5k/1.5k/1.5k/1k/1k/0.5k to top 6 places last year.

makes a big difference to my proposal for sure just because the risk of ruin is likely to be higher.

sighhhhhh.... really wasn't expecitng this especially after stars claimed that the standard 9man step 6 would be running.

also they STILL havent updated their wsop FAQ or sent out an email or anything so I still need confirmation that the first package can be taken as cash (I've seen other smaller sites that only give you a portion of the money like 85% up front and the rest after you've actually signed up and played in the event, stars did pay out the full value of the package last year though)

Also I found out what their big secret wsop promo is, and it's that anyone who wins a package on stars and actually goes to play the event and signs the stars T&Cs (the one that gets you the free hotel package in exchange for wearing a stars logo the whole event) will get 100,000 VPPs added to their account, making them an instant supernova, or if already supernova up to the next milestone bonus. I guess it's their way of actually getting people to play since they have to give you the cash into your account instead of buying you in, so hopefully they don't go down the road of only giving you a % of the value of the package as cash up front like those smaller sites do.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »

ty billy

just checked the lobby and there is now a Step 6A which is a 12player sng with a 9player final table that pays 12K packages to 1st and 2nd and nothing to 3rd-12th.

this clearly means more variance than the standard 9man sng that paid 12.5k/1.5k/1.5k/1k/1k/0.5k to top 6 places last year.

makes a big difference to my proposal for sure just because the risk of ruin is likely to be higher.

sighhhhhh.... really wasn't expecitng this especially after stars claimed that the standard 9man step 6 would be running.

also they STILL havent updated their wsop FAQ or sent out an email or anything so I still need confirmation that the first package can be taken as cash (I've seen other smaller sites that only give you a portion of the money like 85% up front and the rest after you've actually signed up and played in the event, stars did pay out the full value of the package last year though)

Also I found out what their big secret wsop promo is, and it's that anyone who wins a package on stars and actually goes to play the event and signs the stars T&Cs (the one that gets you the free hotel package in exchange for wearing a stars logo the whole event) will get 100,000 VPPs added to their account, making them an instant supernova, or if already supernova up to the next milestone bonus. I guess it's their way of actually getting people to play since they have to give you the cash into your account instead of buying you in, so hopefully they don't go down the road of only giving you a % of the value of the package as cash up front like those smaller sites do.

What would the value of supernova be in terms of milestone bonuses etc?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »

What would the value of supernova be in terms of milestone bonuses etc?

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/supernova/

Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 12:17:04 PM »

OK I've decided not to go ahead with this whole thing.

Two factors:

The structure of the step 6 changing to a 12k/0/0/0/0/0 and a 12k/12k/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0 payout from the previous 12.5k/1.5k/1.5k/1k/1k/0.5k/0/0/0 payout. Higher variance, bigger risk of ruin. Any kind of standard run-bad playing these would cripple even a very large bankroll.

Last year the stars WSOP package was $12.5K, which was $10k cash and $2.5k cash for travel, you got a free hotel for signing stars T&Cs (wearing logo at event) so that ment the whole package could be taken as cash.
This year the stars WSOP pachage is $12K, which is $10K cash, $1K cash for travel and the rest of the value is supposed to be the hotel, shuttle bus and goody bag. This year for signing the T&Cs you get 100,000VPPs added to your account. Basically a $12K package is worth $11K if you're only playing it for the cash and not to play in the event. (think this only applies to the first package, should still get w$12k for the next packages)

Sorry to waste everyone's time with this thread, Stars took way longer than expected to get their WSOP info out this year and I wasn't expecting the above changes, which do make a big difference. Perhaps I should have waited until all the info was out there before making a proposal but I wanted to have everything in place so I could start grinding the games as soon as they started up and not miss out on a week or 2 of value.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »

That was far from a waste of time.  If nothing else, everyone now has a decent template for future proposals!

It also serves as decent cliff notes for the steps challenge this year.  Whilst I had nothing to do for an hour earlier, I FPP'd a couple of level 1's just to take a look.  Obvioulsy they were so bad they were unbeatable, but I imagine anyone that buys straight in to level 3 is missing out on some amazing stuff that you couldn't make up.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »

Is it possible Stars will be lobbied to change it back?  Can't imagine this is a good change for the vast majority.

As it stands, presumably you could fade your own variance to level 5 or 6 - so why don't you stockpile a load of tickets to that point on your own dime and then ask someone (or mulitples as it would be decent railing a concenterated effort at level 6 but no interest in level 2)to take a share of your action from there?  that way you can effectively set your exposure to suit, the maths/admin is a lot more simplified and it would be easier to obtain and control backing from the masses.  And you keep your own rakeback Smiley  Unless I am missing something (quite possible) you could set this up nicely so that effectively the level 6 sats are paying out to you like they were last year.

Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 09:39:44 PM »

Thanks Simon. It's a nice idea in theory but the Step 6 has the least value out of all the the steps. Under my original proposal most of the value would have come from the Steps 3/4/5, many many many more of these would have been played than step , even a 0% roi at the step 6's over a big sample size would still make the whole thing mega profitable if beating the Step 3's for 10% roi and the 4's and 5's at any kind of half decent return. Purely selling action for the step , even at 1:1 has such a small edge and high risk for an investor that it's really not worth it. I'm not going to try to sell action to people unless it's a good deal for them, and this wouldn't be. There's also the matter that the first $12K package won can only be taken as $11K in cash this year, which makes the whole thing even more awful.

Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »

lol tilts me so hard seeing that six of spade card every time i write "s t e p  6 s"

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »

6`s

Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:20 PM »

6`s

i know i was doing that but then forgot halfway through typing lol

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »

Thanks Simon. It's a nice idea in theory but the Step 6 has the least value out of all the the steps. Under my original proposal most of the value would have come from the Steps 3/4/5, many many many more of these would have been played than step , even a 0% roi at the step 6's over a big sample size would still make the whole thing mega profitable if beating the Step 3's for 10% roi and the 4's and 5's at any kind of half decent return. Purely selling action for the step , even at 1:1 has such a small edge and high risk for an investor that it's really not worth it. I'm not going to try to sell action to people unless it's a good deal for them, and this wouldn't be. There's also the matter that the first $12K package won can only be taken as $11K in cash this year, which makes the whole thing even more awful.

Can you not play steps 3 and 4 then use the $215 tickets for a normal sit and go ?

Sandy
Dale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »

Can you not play steps 3 and 4 then use the $215 tickets for a normal sit and go ?

Sandy

Sandy,

Step 4 ticket = $215 so it woulod only be playing the steps 3's
but no, these can only be used to register for the $215 MTTs, scheduled tournaments such as the Sunday Million, can't be taken as t$ or used in SNGs

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: