blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  English poker open FINAL @ DTD sponsored by raketherake.com
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English poker open FINAL @ DTD sponsored by raketherake.com  (Read 82058 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: September 18, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »

Why is this call for 50k?

Stack sizes are pretty critical here for how many bets they each had, esp considering there are antes.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2009, 03:37:43 PM »

Stack sizes are pretty critical here for how many bets they each had, esp considering there are antes.

Just an assumption. On the update it said that they had to count the stacks before confirming Jim what out so I guessed they were pretty close.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »

congrats to bookiebasher on the cash.
On the updates it says he played his stack well, but on his table at the LPC I found him spewy and a good source of chips, though was mentioned by others that know him that he's a nightmare to play against when he has chips

La ronde?
To clear things up, yes La Ronde, not Jim.
I only played against him in the one tournie, just how I found him play on that occasion
ICEMAN1212

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »

anybody have a clue when epo is being shown on tv
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: September 18, 2009, 03:47:34 PM »

On the updates it says he played his stack well, but on his table at the LPC I found him spewy and a good source of chips, though was mentioned by others that know him that he's a nightmare to play against when he has chips
La ronde?
To clear things up, yes La Ronde, not Jim.
I only played against him in the one tournie, just how I found him play on that occasion

+1

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 18, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »

There was a hand deep into wed night when the 2 big stacks managed 2 get all the chips in
pre-flop when I reckon they had over 100 big blinds each......  v

That was between 2 young lads. The young uns can do this but you won't catch many older
players gambling like that. Its not a case of right or wrong , it's just totally different styles.

young and scandinavian
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: September 18, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

Just an assumption. On the update it said that they had to count the stacks before confirming Jim what out so I guessed they were pretty close.

Yeah I was watching the feed and couldn't believe they didn't know who had who covered but w/e. if they were both relatively short.

It's just the idea of by calling=losing 50k, we still has equities we aren't mucking after calling.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 18, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »

Thanks Matt

Im too long in the tooth to bother what people think about my play , although

I knew the last hand with   was marginal and would have looked spewey

if the guy had a premium hand. Lots of factors , as you know , go into making a decision.

It would have been a much easier call but for the fact that the other 2 chaps had been playing

a lot of pots and thought they would deffo clash and hopefully  I would get heads up.

Thought the worst play was the young french lad shoving from sb    for around 40 big blinds.

To me that's just playing scared poker.

I didn't think that guy was talking to you mate Huh?

You just won 70k and played very well so don't need any advice from me but fwiw vs either of them two there i'm never folding A9 in that spot esp with stack sizes just very unlucky.VVWP sir enjoy the cash such a sick game that your proabably gutted today haha,i'd be exactly same.Congrats

For £50k?? You're never folding??

You really think it's that easy......

I think i've already said it was certainly not a snap call situation.It certainly wasn't any easy call at all Matt it was a very good call but with less than 20bbs 3 handed and with two aggressive players at the table and the guy that shoved having such a wide range i think you should be calling here with A7+ 66+ that was what i had decided i would call with while Jim was tanking.Yes you could fold and hope that the other shortiy busts but with 70k already locked up i'm playing ftw at that point.

That's the other factor I considered. £73k locked up so it's been a good few days no matter what happens.

Basically we're now on a £50k freeroll hopefully leading to an £80k freeroll. I still prefer the gamble where my chips go in first tbh. Yes oppo's range is wide but it's not ridic wide and we're never a massive favourite unless he happens to be on a weaker A.

Like i say A9 is pretty close to bottom of my range that i'd call with and yeah would rather be 3b shoving A9 here than having to call an open shove.What range would you put him on here personally i'd have him on Q10+,K9+,Ax+,any pair.

I can't really put him on a range because I didn't follow it too much. Jim obviously knows his range on this particular day better than us and that's why he makes the call.

Tbh though I wouldn't be that bothered about his range. Even if I think I'm ahead I'm unlikely far ahead. If I'm behind I'm quite a long way behind.

It comes down to whether I fancy a £50k gamble at this point. Like I said I like to think I could make the call because it is undoubtedly correct but if oppo showed me KQs face up I still don't love it.

This particular hand has no relevance to our long term EV at all. If we could run the hand 10000 times for the same 50k then yes it's easy but this is very much a 1 off and not a simple case of "I'm probably ahead so I call".

I watched the live feed for most of the weds night and all of thurs pretty much (sad i know) and that's where I get that range from.The fact that the cl has 3/4 of the chips in play i think i would rather try to double up before getting hu thus having a better chance to win the thing than try to get 2nd place and hope the other shorty busts but be against a 7:1 chip disadvantage hu

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 18, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

He had 60 % of the chips

Alan 1.3 million

Lucky swede 400 000

unlucky bookie 400 000   give or take 20-30 000 chips on all three.

He had me covered by 4000 chips.

Personally I dont mind being big underdog HU . Dynamics change again and he is the one under pressure.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »

Just got home ... was on the train from Notts to london with Lee Jones & Liv Boeree ... I was asleep for 90% of the journey Cheesy

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 18, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »

Just got home ... was on the train from Notts to london with Lee Jones & Liv Boeree ... I was asleep for 90% of the journey Cheesy

That's the most impressive thing you could put on your poker resume.

'Slept with Liv Boeree'.

Technically not a lie

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 18, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

'Slept with Liv Boeree'.

Technically not a lie

Whilst Lee Jones talked her through positions, ...

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »

'Slept with Liv Boeree'.

Technically not a lie

Lee Jones- nice guy but I can understand why ou were snoozing!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 18, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »

There was a hand deep into wed night when the 2 big stacks managed 2 get all the chips in
pre-flop when I reckon they had over 100 big blinds each......  v

That was between 2 young lads. The young uns can do this but you won't catch many older
players gambling like that. Its not a case of right or wrong , it's just totally different styles.

young and scandinavian stupid

FYP

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 18, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »

'Slept with Liv Boeree'.

Technically not a lie

Liv Boeree - nice girl but I can understand why you were snoozing!

FYP

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: