blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best place to stay in vegas???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best place to stay in vegas???  (Read 11565 times)
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Cheers for all the advice guys... decided to book into the imperial for my stay,,, great value for 28 days,,, with flights and everything it is only setting me back 1628...

Do you know the split flights/hotel?
explain...
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »

Cheers for all the advice guys... decided to book into the imperial for my stay,,, great value for 28 days,,, with flights and everything it is only setting me back 1628...

explain...

How much are flights/how much is hotel?
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 05:12:21 PM »

oh right... 383 are the prices for the flights only so i guess the rest is for the hotel and other shit like insurance...
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »

oh right... 383 are the prices for the flights only so i guess the rest is for the hotel and other shit like insurance...

Assuming that's £s... nearly £1300 seems like a lot of money to stay somewhere like the IP for a month??

They'd have to pay me, to stay there that long!

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »

Seems pricey for the IP unless it's premium ec flights lo

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »

Yeah thats what I meant. Thanks.
Who is the flight with?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »

Yeah thats what I meant. Thanks.
Who is the flight with?
delta or something like that... Not at home atm so can't look but flying from gatwick...
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »

My order of preference so far.

1) MGM Signiture - Junior Suite was great.
2) Venetian - Nice rooms but doors slam shut and can be very noisy, once upgraded suite was very nice.
3) Caesars Palace.
4) Orleans. Very nice rooms for one of the cheapest hotels.
5) MGM Grande
6) Luxor
7) Las Vegas Hilton
8 ) Palms
9) Plaza - Redic cheap in the Winter but a dive.
10) Saharra - The carpets will send you mad.
11) Excaliber - Where the Trailer park goes on their summer hols.

I guess most of these will be above budget for OP but as I a taking my wife this year I am looking to upgrade.
Was thinking Caesars. What was your experience there like?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »

Augustus Tower rooms at Caesar's Palace are lovely, and they have the best mini bar items I've ever seen

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »

I guess most of these will be above budget for OP but as I a taking my wife this year I am looking to upgrade.

I was at Caesars this year and threw the girl $100 at check in and asked if they had any upgrades. She moved us into Augustus Tower from the classic rooms. They were great rooms with Separate Jacuzzi tub and Shower, living area etc

Minibar items were good and expensive,  as I found out when my room-mate removed everyone and racked up about $200 of charges 'looking' at them lol

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 01:13:02 AM »

Delta means you are going indirect.  This might be a minor inconvenience - or a major ballache.  As you are going for a month, a few hours laid up in Chicago won't really matter I suppose, possibly worth saving a little bit of money over not going direct.  Those that do this for < 1week are mad imo, a false economy.  Then, when you are led in Chicago departure lounge and realise you could already be ion your third beer Vegas if you'd gone direct, it doesn't feel so great.

Guessing if you have paid for insurance or not is a bit daft!  You want to make sure you are insured one way or another.  Falling ill in US is BR-bustingly expensive.

Paying £1300 for a month in IP.  Is this for a room to yourself or is it based on 2 sharing and a friend has been striped up for £1300 too?  £1300 for the IP is bad enough, £2600 is ripping your face off.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 06:26:09 AM »

somewhere without a Roullette wheel imo.

SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 09:41:50 AM »

I was at Caesars this year and threw the girl $100 at check in and asked if they had any upgrades. She moved us into Augustus Tower from the classic rooms. They were great rooms with Separate Jacuzzi tub and Shower, living area etc

Minibar items were good and expensive,  as I found out when my room-mate removed everyone and racked up about $200 of charges 'looking' at them lol

My God! how much would it be to actually buy them!!!!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »

My God! ow much would it be to actually buy them!!!!

Ye obv I paid for looking

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 12:21:58 PM »

My God! ow much would it be to actually buy them!!!!

Ye obv I paid for looking

lol... SirPerceval, apparently hotels know when you've moved things around in the Minibar. When I stayed in the Hilton Metropole, my mate decided to go touching everything in the minibar. When we went to check out, the receptionist told us our bill is a lot more than it should be. We told her we only touched the mini bar items, not consume them, and it was all good. But I suppose if you said this, when you really consumed them, you could get away with it!* This is assuming they don't have your credit card details.

*Lol, yes this is illegal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: