blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 05:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272894 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Squad/Starting 11
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Squad/Starting 11  (Read 44664 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »

Has there actually been a press conference by Fabio? Must have missed it?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 01, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »

Neh can't really can he? Came in and said he'd pick players on form and basically didn't so why put himself through a difficult press conference when he's got to work out how to get Heskey to score like he did against Denmark in 2002.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 01, 2010, 10:53:02 PM »

Neh can't really can he? Came in and said he'd pick players on form and basically didn't so why put himself through a difficult press conference when he's got to work out how to get Heskey to score like he did against Denmark in 2002.

Meh I think he did fine, but there is no point discussing it as we will all disagree and the discussion will end up like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjDy8fYJcuw
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 01, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »

Agreed. Not the exact squad i would have picked but not far off but i don't think it was picked on form but thats something he said would happen 2 years ago wheras now he probably wants to have the best chance of winning the world cup and doesn't really care what he said back then.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »

This picking on form thing is bs, is anyone saying if Rooney had been out all season and just regained fitness that he shouldn't go because he'd have no form ? Joe Cole has shown he is capable of doing it at the very highest level and was a must to go imo.As for the Heskey debate I can understand why he's going,Crouch would play ahead of Heskey for me but just because they're both tall doesn't mean they are there for similar reasons as they are very different players,Heskey is much more of a target man than Crouch and Rooney's scored nine goals in his last ten games with Heskey,but only two in ten without(bbc updates ftw Smiley ),and that's the sole reason he goes.Darren Bent is unlucky it was a straight shoutout between him and Defoe and for me it's Defoe everytime.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55:45 PM »

This picking on form thing is bs, is anyone saying if Rooney had been out all season and just regained fitness that he shouldn't go because he'd have no form ? Joe Cole has shown he is capable of doing it at the very highest level and was a must to go imo.As for the Heskey debate I can understand why he's going,Crouch would play ahead of Heskey for me but just because they're both tall doesn't mean they are there for similar reasons as they are very different players,Heskey is much more of a target man than Crouch and Rooney's scored nine goals in his last ten games with Heskey,but only two in ten without(bbc updates ftw Smiley ),and that's the sole reason he goes.Darren Bent is unlucky it was a straight shoutout between him and Defoe and for me it's Defoe everytime.

Spot on Ray

Anyone who says Joe Cole should not be there has not got a clue imo. I'm glad Emile got the nod aswell even thou he'll prolly come off the bench to save us in the Q/F and miss a sitter

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »

Spot on Ray

Anyone who says Joe Cole should not be there has not got a clue imo. I'm glad Emile got the nod aswell even thou he'll prolly come off the bench to save us in the Q/F and miss a sitter

WTF

This guy has been stealing a living for donkeys years! They say strikers have more eoles than just scoring but all Heskey does fall over and miss sitters and might occasionally nod a ball down for a scoring chance!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 02, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »

Spot on Ray

WTF

This guy has been stealing a living for donkeys years! They say strikers have more eoles than just scoring but all Heskey does fall over and miss sitters and might occasionally nod a ball down for a scoring chance!

As Mond said....

Crouch and Rooney's scored nine goals in his last ten games with Heskey,but only two in ten without(bbc updates ftw Smiley )

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 02, 2010, 01:02:06 PM »

England make 11.5 hour flight to SA tonight - which member of the 23 would you least like to sit next to on a plane for that long, and why?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 02, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »

England make 11.5 hour flight to SA tonight - which member of the 23 would you least like to sit next to on a plane for that long, and why?

Ashley Cole- He might try steel my birds number out of my phone while im asleep
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »

Carragher - language barrier
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 02, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »

Couldn't hack Carragher's whining tone for that long methinks.....................however if it meant I was going to SA to watch the WC I'd be happy sitting on John Terry's lap tbh.

Even as a Jock, I get real excited during the WC, especially when any the home nations are playing. Not sure England are better than a semi - final place but if they get there they have a chance I suppose.

Good luck guys

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 02, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »

Couldn't hack Carragher's whining tone for that long methinks.....................however if it meant I was going to SA to watch the WC I'd be happy sitting on John Terry's lap tbh.

Even as a Jock, I get real excited during the WC, especially when any the home nations are playing. Not sure England are better than a semi - final place but if they get there they have a chance I suppose.

Good luck guys

Geo

WTF? Does that possibly mean you want us to win?
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:22 PM »

Rio, tilts me pretty hard.

maccol

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »

Good luck guys

Geo

WTF? Does that possibly mean you want us to win?
One step too far there mate.   Wink

Embracing the variance.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: