blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 630223 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: December 22, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

Nice write up Ray and grats again on the result and the HOF award. Even gave you a mention on my world famous blog bud Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 22, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »

Nice write up Ray and grats again on the result and the HOF award. Even gave you a mention on my world famous blog bud Smiley

Haha,cheers
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 22, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »

top TR.

Well done again on a great result
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 22, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »

Last couple of days have just been like one long bender.

Is it possible to get mortal if you wake up mortal ? Seriously asking as I don't believe it is.

I had a really really good night on Monday night,was planning on just a few quite drinks with my closest mate and me brother,we got in at 4am and I'd do a report if I could remember it Smiley

Then yesterday I was wrecked and I'd hit the wall,by 2pm I was falling asleep at work but luckily the drinks machine there had boost the energy drink which got me through the last couple of hours.A friend from work asked if I fancied going to town with him,he was the one I went to Benidorm with so I went out again last night.I think anyone who knows me will know I'm not the type to brag or show off but I do like to have fun and the odd extravagance never does anyone any harm.So we got a bottle of "very cheap,shit to get pissed with" Champagne.Now if you ever do this you'll notice that instantly everyone starts becoming a lot more interested in you which for want of a better way of putting it,really pisses me off.Why a bottle of Champagne that could've been as cheap as £12 a bottle would interest people I do not know.Now I'm sure some will say well obviously you wanted the attention,I genuinely didn't and just wanted to celebrate a little without going over the top.

Anyway I pop to the toilet and when I comeback there's two lads talking to my mate then they say congrats to me,sigh!!!!!!!!!!! He had told them I'd won 27k,sure seems a good idea telling random lads in bars that I've won a shit load of money.Anyway they go and I have a little rant at him for saying and tell him not to tell anyone else which he doesn't.A bit later on he's gone off to the toilet and I'm pretty low on drink so I ask the lasses sitting in the seats next to me if they'll keep my seats for me and I'll get them a drink so they do.I get another couple of bottles of Champagne and give them one(they were £20 a bottle so really not being balla at all) and a couple of them have sat where I was to keep the seats so they say is it alright to sit there so I just say yeah and we speak for a bit.

Once I've done this there's no way I'd be interested in any of them.Obv they haven't done out wrong but I'm way too insecure and would think it'd just be because they think I have money so I have a chat with a couple of them and it was pretty interesting,it's a shame more "strangers" can't just chat with each other then just say laters,or maybe others do that but I generally never do.One of them was saying how she'd been over to Ethiopia and done some charity work for a month and they'd setup a school over there,how incred is that! She was this 18 year old stunning lass with the world at her feet and had went and gave up her time selflessly,respect.I'd love to do something like that and if I do go travelling I'll definitely be looking to at least spend some of my time doing something like that.

I then see Buzz in the club and we have a drink and Alex Joblin is also with him and a couple of lasses they're with so we all have a drink and it ends up another really good night.

One kind of disappointing thing at the end of the night was one of the lasses they where with was getting upset at how she'd took drink from me and didn't know me.Obviously it was partly just that she was pissed but I kinda felt bad.I tried to explain to her that how poker is a different world to normal working life and how we think differently about money and stuff but then something I said kept triggering her to be upset again,sigh.She was alright by the time we left but it did make me think about how different we are to "normal" society.Out of all the people I've met who are involved in poker I'd say there's probably only one person under 30(the older ones are obv a lot wiser ldo) who I've not seen been wasteful with money.But it doesn't make it bad or wrong how we go on and I certainly won't ever be wasteful with big sums of money or at least not while any member of my family has to still work for a living
as it doesn't seem right to me but going out and spending a couple of hundred quid and having a really good night is fine,imho.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 22, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »

What do you plan to do about getting to sn?

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 22, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »

Balla

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 22, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

What do you plan to do about getting to sn?

Absolutely no possibilty of it not being done.I think I'm going to 28 table tmoro only and try and play 400-500 games in one day.If I'm playing bad or losing much I'll go back to 24 but I reckon I'll manage for one day.I'm then going to do a session on Christmas eve which'll maybe creep into Christmas day morning as in 1-2am.I'll then see how many vpp's are left and will hopefully only need to put 2 more sessions in which I'll do on the 28/29th as I'm spending the 27'th with me Mam and will stay off the drink.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 22, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

[  ] Balla

FYP Smiley
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1613 on: December 22, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »

Sounds like you had a couple of good nights out man nice one.

It's hard not to think about money a bit differently when playing poker for a living.

Even just amounts like a tenner here and a tenner there, that your average person would be concerned about it's like 1 buy-in so hard to care.

When £300 or whatever is just your average swong, even though that's a weeks wages to some ppl, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

And this is grinder talk, must be even harder for those who are multai.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »

Great write up. Never met you but actually delighted with your score. Hope you make SN as you've put in the shifts and would be an epic year.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 22, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »

Great write up. Never met you but actually delighted with your score. Hope you make SN as you've put in the shifts and would be an epic year.

MBN

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 22, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »

MBN

haha

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 22, 2010, 10:36:51 PM »

Well done m8, nice to meet you and glad you managed to enjoy the money balling around in the toon Tongue

@whollyflush on twitter
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 22, 2010, 10:39:35 PM »

I woulda came got pisssed Sad

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 22, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »

Just googled myself,as you do,found a pretty com article with the following description :

boasted some of the UK’s biggest poker names. These included European Poker Tour Champion William Fry, Blondepoker member Raymond Norton, and prodigal online player of 2010 Jack Ellwood.

ROFL
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: