blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £300 on the bubble
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £300 on the bubble  (Read 5973 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »

vs a player who folds AT face up to a button raise its pretty close to turning AK into a bluff here, even 5 handed, a villian like this is never calling AQ here witht he dynamic that your both clear chip leaders. Im not saying i wouldnt shove, because we can definately get pairs to fold. Online its clear 4bet to induce, live is obv different kettle of fish.

This is a post of a man who actually thinks for more than 2 milli seconds... good post

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 10:57:34 PM »

Fold pre, he has KK.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »

vs a player who folds AT face up to a button raise its pretty close to turning AK into a bluff here, even 5 handed, a villian like this is never calling AQ here witht he dynamic that your both clear chip leaders. Im not saying i wouldnt shove, because we can definately get pairs to fold. Online its clear 4bet to induce, live is obv different kettle of fish.

This player is very aggressive and will shove light but he is a good player who won't be calling light at all.

The AT show was probably a meta game thing for him.

In Claire's situation this should be a 4 bet to induce. He may shove AQ and some pairs 99 to JJ but to call your shove he needs QQ+ or AK and you don't do brilliantly against that range.

You play much better against his shoving range so just 4 bet and then sigh when he shoves and you get coolered.

Do we really want to be calling off our whole stack with AK though to a 5 bet shove?  That's not a position I would have wanted to be put in - would much rather be the one doing the shoving rather than the one faced with the decision whether to flip for all my chips.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »

he folded and showed AT in the BB previously - why?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »

This player is very aggressive and will shove light but he is a good player who won't be calling light at all.

The AT show was probably a meta game thing for him.

In Claire's situation this should be a 4 bet to induce. He may shove AQ and some pairs 99 to JJ but to call your shove he needs QQ+ or AK and you don't do brilliantly against that range.

You play much better against his shoving range so just 4 bet and then sigh when he shoves and you get coolered.

Do we really want to be calling off our whole stack with AK though to a 5 bet shove?  That's not a position I would have wanted to be put in - would much rather be the one doing the shoving rather than the one faced with the decision whether to flip for all my chips.

You won't have a decision to make though. Once you 4bet you already know you're calling the shove - it's the reason you 4bet after all.

To those saying 4bet induce, are we deep enough here for that? Any 4bet would be to about 200k, and villain only has 450k. Is he really shoving the mid pairs and AQ/AJ types of hands that we want? He can't think he has fold equity and we're showing a lot of strength of the final table bubble of a live tournie by 4 betting here.

I think the shove is fine. We might fold out the mid pairs/AJ/AQetc hands and take a nicely sized pot. We're not neccesarily turning our hand into a bluff as villain may well call with these hands as this is button vs bb raising, so this is good. Obv running into AA/KK is a cooler and the money is going in anyway.

In fact, in many ways I think I prefer the shove. It looks weaker. I think the 4bet is just too strong.

Sorry for all the rambling Smiley

Blue text
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

lol i realise you can't actually answer this, but perhaps he is not going to keep folding reasonable hands in the BB if you keep opening the button

Its hard because everyone knows the result of the hand to give a 100% truthful analysis. But given you have been active, we are 5 handed, its button vs blind and you have AK, i'd really struggle not to get this all in-pre somehow. It kind of sucks because of the chip situation of you and BB but not sure i like calling the 3bet pre with AK in this spot.

I think i have played villain before and if it is who i think i would have his 3bet range fairly wide here, wide enough to justify 4betting.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »

lol i realise you can't actually answer this, but perhaps he is not going to keep folding reasonable hands in the BB if you keep opening the button

Its hard because everyone knows the result of the hand to give a 100% truthful analysis. But given you have been active, we are 5 handed, its button vs blind and you have AK, i'd really struggle not to get this all in-pre somehow. It kind of sucks because of the chip situation of you and BB but not sure i like calling the 3bet pre with AK in this spot.

I think i have played villain before and if it is who i think i would have his 3bet range fairly wide here, wide enough to justify 4betting.

I may have got this a bit muddled - you know how a lot of the hands merge once you've stopped playing a tourney and the finer details get lost.  Having thought about it, I'm pretty sure the AT face-up fold was from when we were 6 handed and he'd opened UTG and I'd 3 bet from the button (I showed him AK)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:11:15 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »

I may have got this a bit muddled - you know how a lot of the hands merge once you've stopped playing a tourney and the finer details get lost.  Having thought about it, I'm pretty sure the AT face-up fold was from when we were 6 handed and he'd 3 bet UTG and I'd 4 bet from the button (I showed him AK)

yeah that is a world of difference (i guess he didn't 3bet UTG - you 3bet his raise but just terminology) and does change the dynamic a bit.

not sure i like all the showing though
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »

I may have got this a bit muddled - you know how a lot of the hands merge once you've stopped playing a tourney and the finer details get lost.  Having thought about it, I'm pretty sure the AT face-up fold was from when we were 6 handed and he'd 3 bet UTG and I'd 4 bet from the button (I showed him AK)

yeah that is a world of difference (i guess he didn't 3bet UTG - you 3bet his raise but just terminology) and does change the dynamic a bit.

not sure i like all the showing though

yes, he raised, i 3 bet.  Still getting muddled Cheesy

that was one of only two hands I showed that didn't go to showdown. Wasn't planning on showing it either, but when i saw his AT face up on the table i just did it as a sort of courtesy.  I don't think I gave away too much information by letting the table know I 3 bet with AK.  The only other hand i showed was when I shoved over a shorter stack's raise two hands in a row, and he passed both times.  The second time kev was standing right behind me and asked me to show him the cards after the guy had folded - i just flipped them over.  was TT that time.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:09:57 PM by Claw75 » Logged

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »

in light of this revalation i think hand is played as standard.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »

The AT was folded to a 3bet, not an open raise

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »

I dont care if im playing one of the biggest nits in the comp. If I have AK on the button on a 5 handed table and im facing a 3 bet by the BB, its going in.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »

yeah i don't fold either

but a few people were advocating flatting the 3bet (esp at the venue) which may be swayed by knowing how the hand played out
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

So com that if he has QQ and AK held there's no debate and nothing said about this hand at all,results orientated FTW lets gogogogogogogo
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »

So com that if he has QQ and AK held got there there's no debate and nothing said about this hand at all,results orientated FTW lets gogogogogogogo

FYP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: