blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice BBC 1
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice BBC 1  (Read 29292 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2010, 10:45:43 PM »

UPDATE

Bets Taken
£20 Jamie @ 5/1 (Rooks)
£20 Liz @ 9/2 (Monda)
£20 Chris F @ 8/1 (Ripple)
£10 Stuart @ 14/1 (LilDave) - paiiiii Lil Dave
£20 on Chris Bates @ 8/1 (LilDave)

So i am either going to be +£90 or -£90.

I like Evens on Stella.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »

COME ON BATES!!!!!!!!!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »

"You're Fired" deserved an hour tonight. Was it just they refuse to move Newsnight back or bring The Apprentice forward? Baggs could have filled an hour by himself.
[  ] Reality TV is dead

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »

They said there is an extended version of Your Fired at the weekend

Should be good fun

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »

"You're Fired" deserved an hour tonight. Was it just they refuse to move Newsnight back or bring The Apprentice forward? Baggs could have filled an hour by himself.
[  ] Reality TV is dead

Extended 45 min version on BBC 2 in 25 hours or so.

Also a 1 hour why i fired them tomorrow at 22:35 on BBC 1.

Sandy
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »

Seems odd to me that Stuart ran a telecoms company and it had a license and said that on his CV and they said he was lying.

yeah I thought that seemed a bit harsh too
Yeh thought he did well to be honest. He stretched the truth but pretty sure to everyone but the tech bloke it wouldn't have mattered. If the company is doing well then the license he holds is pretty insignificant and he was just bigging himself up a bit.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »

I love the interview episode. I remeber watching it for the first time a few years ago and had some interviews to do myself the day after. Was well excited, thought I was going to nail somebody to the wall and make them squirm with my cutting questions.

The candidate was some 16 year old girl, on her application under the section that said something like 'what personal qualities do you think you could bring to the role'  there was a big blank box. When questioned about it she shrugged her shoulders and chewed her gum.

She got the job.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »

I love the interview episode. I remeber watching it for the first time a few years ago and had some interviews to do myself the day after. Was well excited, thought I was going to nail somebody to the wall and make them squirm with my cutting questions.

The candidate was some 16 year old girl, on her application under the section that said something like 'what personal qualities do you think you could bring to the role'  there was a big blank box. When questioned about it she shrugged her shoulders and chewed her gum.

She got the job.

she was fit then?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2010, 12:22:56 AM »

Not that I remember. I think I just thought it would be interesting to hire somebody so bad, I wanted to see what would happen.

It wasn't that interesting, she just didn't turn up.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2010, 12:25:37 AM »

Just think Lord Sugar has a soft spot for Chris like he did with Simon in series 3.

Stella was a pick from the start

So I cant lose. Even if I miss I cant miss

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2010, 01:21:18 AM »

Seems odd to me that Stuart ran a telecoms company and it had a license and said that on his CV and they said he was lying.

Yeh thought he did well to be honest. He stretched the truth but pretty sure to everyone but the tech bloke it wouldn't have mattered. If the company is doing well then the license he holds is pretty insignificant and he was just bigging himself up a bit.

He didn't stretch the truth though, he runs a telecoms company and it's licensed. The fact it's internet based and doesn't need any other license seemed to be lost on Alan's tech guy. He was probably busy working on the follow up to the em@iler though so I suppose we can forgive him.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

He didn't stretch the truth though, he runs a telecoms company and it's licensed. The fact it's internet based and doesn't need any other license seemed to be lost on Alan's tech guy. He was probably busy working on the follow up to the em@iler though so I suppose we can forgive him.
I think he said he was fully licensed. You probably know more about it than me but it sounded like he was fully licensed for what he needed to do but not a fully licensed telecoms company.
Either way it was way OTT for Sugar to say he was full of ****.
Also agree with Horneris that it needed to be longer - less clips of them lying to each other saying the interviews went well and more reasoning for the sackings. Probably more Margret too. She was brilliant.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »

But if he runs a telecoms company (and there didn't seem to be any disagreement there) and he has the licenses he needs how is he not a fully licensed telecoms company?

Loved Margaret saying "I suppose you will give 110% too?"

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »

Stella is as hard as nails. She'll walk all over Chris in the final, I think

I reckon so too.  She reminds me a lot of myself in many ways (in terms of background - dropping out of school, falling into a profession by joining as a PA, seeking out oportunities, creating new roles and working up).  considered for a minute whether I might apply next year.  I'm missing the hard as nails stuff though and would probs just cry in the boardroom if someone was mean to me.

That is so strange you said that Claire, as I thought of you, you are very astute and you would be a good candidate.

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »

I loved the bit when Margaret said that Chris most probably has all his certificates framed and he sits and looks at them!

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: