blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:07:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 188562 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »

Good luck ant. I think blonde will be good for you.

Also, please tell us why you weren't able to play football yesterday. 'Did your back in' the text said, does that mean you opened the door too fast to the dominoes guy?

Win it all bud

I played football in the morning and made a pretty tremendous save which needed of me to fully extend myself in a compromising position by which i fell to the floor like a ton of bricks. Resulted in oppo players in stunned silence and myself too buzzing to actually forsee the pain which i would feel later on in that day. I should be ok for next week! Great to hear you had a good game in goal btw. Update on me is that i am thinking about playing at the empire or old vic tonight for a bit of a cash game. At the same time i will be at a book revising. If the combo of live cash and revision works and is enjoyable then i will be doing it every night i need to revise! Could be a revolutionary idea but i will probably turn into the guy that takes too long to post hs blind or constantly needs reminding that it is his turn!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »

GL with this.

Was gonna say Welcome but then you said you're a mate of Cos...so I won't Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »

Nah you can all welcome ant, he's nothing like me; he's a nice guy.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »

Nah you can all welcome ant, he's nothing like me; he's a nice guy.

Is he buff and hairy like you?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »

Hi Ant,

Good luck with the Diary, looking forward to this.

A £1,000 nightly spend on MTT's?  Good grief - to many of us, that's just jaw-dropping stuff.

How many do you play at once? Is there an optimal number? At what stage do you become much less effective? Is 5 or 10 Tabling really enjoyable?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been around a while, & am not naive to the game as a whole, but all of those things are a bit of a mystery to me &, I suspect, many others.

PS - Keep that run going, too, live the dream.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »

Hi Ant,

A £1,000 nightly spend on MTT's?  Good grief - to many of us, that's just jaw-dropping stuff.

How many do you play at once? Is there an optimal number? At what stage do you become much less effective? Is 5 or 10 Tabling really enjoyable?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been around a while, & am not naive to the game as a whole, but all of those things are a bit of a mystery to me &, I suspect, many others.

I play around 12 on average and can play up to 16. I tile them across two screens aswell, stacking is just ridiculous. I start to play worse on more than 12 tables and i find 12 tables to be the most exciting and where oddly enough i feel i play best.

Playing any less sometimes i overplay hands but its not enough for me to not have a feel of each table. The £1K outlay is a new thing just to let you know. I am not rolled for it but i can afford three bad nights before i will have to step down on the higher limits. So i am just going to enjoy the shot taking.

Playing only a small session tonight registering mainly from 7pm - 9pm but 22 tourns. I may have to unreg from the lesser ones if its getting too crowded. I am looking forward to it but i am annoyed i haven't prepared properly as i haven't gone through the "ritual"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »

ah jesus tonight isnt going well, in my last 11 tourns
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »

Good luck with the diary Ant.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »

Came 4th in a $10K GTD on party for $1K. I was out and out 2nd place of 4 when i get JJ. CL raises it up pre i rr he calls. Flop 1096 i bet out he rr i rrr all in he calls, he gets there annoyingly with 89 and i am out. O well has me about break even for the night which is a touch. But if i was to win that pot it could have been another £2K plus night. O well such is tourney poker.

Happy with my run thus far and am noting that i am only a newbie at these high stakes on the euros and if i am doing well when i am making loads of mistakes, perhaps when i am more used to whats going on i can really make a killing.

The aim is to really play 5 days a week and try to make £1250 so £5000 a month. If i did that that would have me on for the $100K target i have set myself. I am not an idiot though i know the variance is a killer in this game and it would be foolish to think i can just run away with it but i am hopeful things will go well. Taking a break tomorrow night but might play live this week at some point otherwise back on the usual grind!
iwillwinlots

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »

Hi Ant,

I play around 12 on average and can play up to 16. I tile them across two screens aswell, stacking is just ridiculous. I start to play worse on more than 12 tables and i find 12 tables to be the most exciting and where oddly enough i feel i play best.

Playing any less sometimes i overplay hands but its not enough for me to not have a feel of each table. The £1K outlay is a new thing just to let you know. I am not rolled for it but i can afford three bad nights before i will have to step down on the higher limits. So i am just going to enjoy the shot taking.

Playing only a small session tonight registering mainly from 7pm - 9pm but 22 tourns. I may have to unreg from the lesser ones if its getting too crowded. I am looking forward to it but i am annoyed i haven't prepared properly as i haven't gone through the "ritual"

surely you are way under rolled for this?Huh??
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:52 AM »

He's said he's underrolled and taking a shot atm. Iirc when it goes bad for 3 nights he will drop back down

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »

Good Luck with this, nothing wrong with a bit of shot taking in mtt's as long as you are disciplined to step down when it starts to go pear shaped, Just be careful, the aim is to make enough money for yourself annually, but let's not forget, as long as you still got dimes, you can allways rebuild your losses :-) :-)

gl
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »

Appreciate the goodwill gestures. I wonder what u guys think is a suitable roll for a $1.5k a night outlay? Remember that I am playing across like 20 odd Tournies so I can often make a prof in the same night. My average buy in I would say is about $80
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

How big are the fields of the tournies you're playing?

Like you said a 6.7k$ win was your biggest score and that will only pay for 4 nights of terribad results.

I think fieldsizes will make a big difference as to how large your bankroll should be.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »

How big are the fields of the tournies you're playing?

Like you said a 6.7k$ win was your biggest score and that will only pay for 4 nights of terribad results.

I think fieldsizes will make a big difference as to how large your bankroll should be.

100-200 runners normally and that goes up to no more than 300 where possible, learnt early on I couldn't deal with the swings of 1000+ runners so I avoid them as much as possible. As the runners in the tourns I play are so small I normally return a profit or I take a huge chunk out of the outlay to help myself out on a nightly basis. Atm I wager about $1.5k a night with a $25k roll but I like to stress its rare for me not to make some returns on a night so the real amount I could lose in a night is more like $1k and my aim is to make $500 a night so about $2.5k a week. Obv a grand Target but why not go for it when it is just about within the realms of possibility! Per tournament I am wagering about $120 I would say and this is in keeping with a 200 buying rule I self impose so I think the setup I have right now isn't too strenuous on the BR.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: