blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:18:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Blind on Blind Action with JJ
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blind on Blind Action with JJ  (Read 2244 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 05:29:27 PM »

I think it is very hard to glean any info from the guiy based on his stats over 80 hands for this hand given it is BvB and the Op has a very aggressive and loose image based on his stats.  A lot of players loosen up significantly in a BvB sitaution and he could easily be making a move here where he will stack off with something like AT/KQ any pair and the hands that he is 4betfolding are probably only Ace-rags and some broadway combos and he is probably not 4betting them in the first place.  My only big worry looking at the hand again is that the initial raise looks like something that I would have done when I first started playing with a massive hand trying to get a customer.  Bully aree you saying in your post later that he had AK??

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »

Bully aree you saying in your post later that he had AK??

Yep, AKo

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »

Some good points.

If I get in this situation I'll be sure to check his 3bet% but the sample as mentioned isn't the biggest but he is tight.

I guess I need to just keep playing, get my database of hands up so I can get better reads and get the sample size up.

Next time, I'm jammin'

small samples can still have some use. he has 3bet 3% in 80 hands which I imagine will prolly be 1 time out of around 30 opportunities, whereas the sample isn't big enough to tell us he is actually a nit (he might be good TAG) but what it does tell us is he hasn't yet shown any signs of being capable of being anything other than a nit - so it is therefore impossible to credit him for too wide of a 3bet range with the info we have atm.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: