blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Claims to Fame - the B list.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claims to Fame - the B list.  (Read 63419 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »

God, just re read the Tweet in question and realised there is an awful grammatical error.

I'm deeply ashamed and might have to resign my position on the Trolls International Tweeting Society.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:51 AM »

Just received an email with this as the subject line

"Didi Hamann (@DietmarHamann) is now following you on Twitter!‏"

Just checked and it is a verified account with 700k followers!

Wonder how long he'll stay before he gets sick of rants against Tories.

I reckon you getting called out by Martin Lewis was a better one   Tongue

That was awesome to get a man of his wealth and miserness to actually respond and bite to your tweet is very impressive.

It was a fun afternoon. A hoard of his followers jumped on me to defend their hero.

But they were all so nice, it was almost sweet.

So much more fun than arguing with random Tories and UKIP supporters who always end up hurling abuse and insults.

But Mr Lewis must be terribly insecure to have retweeted me. It was such a mild tweet I sent him!

A touch biased I think!  Cheesy
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2014, 12:15:02 AM »

I reckon you getting called out by Martin Lewis was a better one   Tongue

That was awesome to get a man of his wealth and miserness to actually respond and bite to your tweet is very impressive.

It was a fun afternoon. A hoard of his followers jumped on me to defend their hero.

So much more fun than arguing with random Tories and UKIP supporters who always end up hurling abuse and insults.

But Mr Lewis must be terribly insecure to have retweeted me. It was such a mild tweet I sent him!

I like the guy tbh i think he is a perfect example of how keeping things really simple and old school can make you rich in this world.  He doesn't tell you anything that the average accountant or financial advisor couldn't but he seems to have become a £200m+ millionaire off the back of it!  Quite biazzre.

How any man who is worth 200 mill can quite so excited over saving 36p is beyond me.

Could you imagine going for a beer with him? "Sorry, I can't buy you peanuts because it would mean my round was 82p more expensive than everyone else's and quite simply that is not fair".

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2014, 12:16:35 AM »

should go without saying he'd buy the last round obv.

Maximum chance that he'd buy less rounds than average and over a lifetime might save £163.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:38 AM »

I like the guy tbh i think he is a perfect example of how keeping things really simple and old school can make you rich in this world.  He doesn't tell you anything that the average accountant or financial advisor couldn't but he seems to have become a £200m+ millionaire off the back of it!  Quite biazzre.

How any man who is worth 200 mill can quite so excited over saving 36p is beyond me.

Could you imagine going for a beer with him? "Sorry, I can't buy you peanuts because it would mean my round was 82p more expensive than everyone else's and quite simply that is not fair".

I totally agree but he has a way of obviously being a total miser/nerd but appealing to the masses.  Which is a rare skill.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:29 AM »

Saving a few pence is just his marketing strategy I doubt he actually does that in real life, I doubt too many actually really follow it to that extreme also.

I'm probably going to move house soon, guess what site I went to first to look for mortgages, energy prices etc was the other day?

He is the shrewdie of the finance world for us that need an easy source, good on him for finding a formula that makes people visit his site. More love required for him being so successful, less moaning imo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:27:42 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2014, 12:34:27 AM »

When working in the local paper shop I used to serve the lad that ran onto the pitch and was smacked by Brian Clough.

Do you remember the lad who ran onto the pitch dressed as Superman and also got a clip round the ear from Cloughie?

He was a sign-writer in Nottingham and used to be a regular at The New Inn in Carrington, as was I at the time.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2014, 12:42:17 AM »

When working in the local paper shop I used to serve the lad that ran onto the pitch and was smacked by Brian Clough.

Do you remember the lad who ran onto the pitch dressed as Superman and also got a clip round the ear from Cloughie?

He was a sign-writer in Nottingham and used to be a regular at The New Inn in Carrington, as was I at the time.

lol I live just up the road from the Carrington. Only went there for the first time about a month ago cus it never appealed before but I thought I'd give it a shot. Didn't realise it was a black pub, I was the only white person there, but they had some good rums and there was some good banter about why a whitey was in there  Cheesy it was a good night and I've been back since  Smiley
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2014, 12:48:57 AM »

Saving a few pence is just his marketing strategy I doubt he actually does that in real life, I doubt too many actually really follow it to that extreme also.

I'm probably going to move house soon, guess what site I went to first to look for mortgages, energy prices etc was the other day?

He is the shrewdie of the finance world for us that need an easy source, good on him for finding a formula that makes people visit his site. More love required for him being so successful, less moaning imo.

I realise I am alone in thinking Martin Lewis is a tosser.

I don't care because I know I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 24, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »

I realise I am alone in thinking Martin Lewis is a tosser.

I don't care because I know I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 24, 2014, 12:53:41 AM »

lol I live just up the road from the Carrington. Only went there for the first time about a month ago cus it never appealed before but I thought I'd give it a shot. Didn't realise it was a black pub, I was the only white person there, but they had some good rums and there was some good banter about why a whitey was in there  Cheesy it was a good night and I've been back since  Smiley

I think we've got our wires crossed here Andy.

Carrington is an area across the Mansfield Road from Mapperly Park just South of Sherwood and The New Inn which is now Molly McGuires or somesuch used to be one of the cool places to start of an evening's frolics in the late1970's.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 24, 2014, 12:55:47 AM »

lol I live just up the road from the Carrington. Only went there for the first time about a month ago cus it never appealed before but I thought I'd give it a shot. Didn't realise it was a black pub, I was the only white person there, but they had some good rums and there was some good banter about why a whitey was in there  Cheesy it was a good night and I've been back since  Smiley

I think we've got our wires crossed here Andy.

Carrington is an area across the Mansfield Road from Mapperly Park just South of Sherwood and The New Inn which is now Molly McGuires or somesuch used to be one of the cool places to start of an evening's frolics in the late1970's.

Ahh gotcha Ralph  thumbs up
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:22 PM »

Nothing new to add but what an enjoyable read.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »

Two weeks ago I met and got a pic with a cricketer that was on the front pages yesterday for brawling in the street  police
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: