blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  1 UK Euromillions winner for £161m
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1 UK Euromillions winner for £161m  (Read 5493 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:45 AM »

i did not win ....
if i did win 161,000,000
it would not change me one bit and i would obv still work.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 08:14:29 AM »

I've stopped playing it. TBH £100mill or £161mill, you wouldn't notice the difference. It's both an obscene amount of money.
All the lottery tries to do it trick people into spending more and more money on it as they start thinking "OOOH, it's 161mill now!!"

Seriously, who wouldn't be happy with the £13mill they start out with? Even that's more money than I can contemplate though it's a lot more managable than 100mill +.

Why would you not play a lottery when the first prize is £13mill but then spend £60 when the prize is £160mill? It doesn't make sense.

It's fine for syndicates where people throw in a couple of £ when the jackpots get really big.
At my work we used to spend a tenner a week on the lottery (6 of us played it) and they wanted to go chase this 100mill+ jackpot now by spending a tenner each on every Euromillions draw until it was won.
Needles to say I pulled out of the thing. £20 a week on a 74mill-1 shot is just mental.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »

£20 a week is a bit ott for me but couple of quid never hurts.  £12m would be incredible, £161m would be amazing too, both certainly lifechanging and for a few quid each week, I'm happy to take a punt.  I just wish I remembered about the Euro ones on the right day!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »

£20 a week is a bit ott for me but couple of quid never hurts.  £12m would be incredible, £161m would be amazing too, both certainly lifechanging and for a few quid each week, I'm happy to take a punt.  I just wish I remembered about the Euro ones on the right day!

Oh yeah, I've no problems flinging a couple of quid into it...but you have 4 lottery draws a week now so it's very easy to spend £10/£20 a week.
That would be £500-£1k a year that you'd spend on the lottery...that's just mental when you think about it.
You can spend it on coke, prozzies, ciggies or whatever and get a better return for your money.

I'm just saying, they suck everybody in to wasting as much of their money on it as possible. I can afford it, you can afford it..but I can't help but come round to the idea that the lottery is desperately close to becoming a tax on the poor.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »

It wans't me, though that probably has something to do with the fact I don't play the lottery rather than my number picking ability!!!!!

My wife got in from work all excited and spent ages ringing people up. I hope she won a decent amount. Looking good coz she went to bed without saying a word to me.

All indicators point to smashedagain's wife until proven otherwise...

TKP FOR APAT!!!
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »

Doing what Guy's doing. Keeping the dream alive.

please keep posting if you've lost.

And if i've not won, I think the opposite to Rex. Hope someone wins it who will spend it and waste it like no tomorrow

Hang on, that's what I said!

Oh, and I won £7ish on 2+1 (10 lines). So £13 loss. Better than Friday!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:46:39 AM by rex008 » Logged

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »

Just looked at the lucky stars only. Got both lucky stars on 2 lines

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »

Just looked at the lucky stars only. Got both lucky stars on 2 lines

..............have you...........got ....anymore..........fingers crossed for you!

Carpe Diem
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:37 AM »

sigh

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »

Please let gatso ship the lot

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 04:47:40 PM »

I know somebody that knows the winners ....incred......begging letter in the draft stage

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/couple-named-as-161m-euromillions-winners-2314248.html

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »

It wans't me, though that probably has something to do with the fact I don't play the lottery rather than my number picking ability!!!!!

My wife got in from work all excited and spent ages ringing people up. I hope she won a decent amount. Looking good coz she went to bed without saying a word to me.

All indicators point to smashedagain's wife until proven otherwise...

we have had a falling out and she aint talking to me. and  she has only spent £100 on shopping this week. its usually £200 every week

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

"Mr Weir said he does not plan to swap their two Suzuki cars because they are both still reliable.

But his wife added: "I'll be swapping cars." "

Shoot that man. But well done to her Smiley.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

"Mr Weir said he does not plan to swap their two Suzuki cars because they are both still reliable.

But his wife added: "I'll be swapping cars." "

Shoot that man. But well done to her Smiley.
and she had a glass of wine that she does not usuallly do till xmas. go on that girl

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: