blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand from DTD Deepstack Advice required please
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand from DTD Deepstack Advice required please  (Read 2230 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »

Fold pre, avoid the trouble of these kinds of decisions

sola virtus nobilitat
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »

All in pre

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »

Hate donking the flop. Yeah we build with nuts but jeees why show so much strength, yr seeing a cbet on this board almost always. Then check call/raise whatever you wish.

Looks like yr lucky you've ran into 1/2 hands that have hit this flop reas hard and 1 def isn't passing.

Now i prob just call cos im greedy and want the other guy in but tbh jamming does look weaker.

Tho what the average live mtt player perceives as weakness is prob diff from what shld be the norm. So just peel and let ppl spazz.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

Surely you're not getting a c bet on this board most of the time?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »

If UTG2 is a random then defo flat and hope he peels as well, we shouldn't worry too much about looking strong when there is no way we're not getting doubled by the flop raiser, we're gonna have 30% pot left.

FWIW i bet you played at least 5 way more interesting hands than this in the tournament

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

Thanks for all of the replies.
At the time that the hand occurred, my image at the table was certainlty that of a pretty terrible player. I'm relatively inexperienced at playing at the £300 comp level and i had been put under a lot more pressure than i'm used to, right from the start. I had also played a couple of hands quite poorly, although nothing too disastrous.
 After flopping the nut flush, my immediate thought was that this was a chance to redeem myself, get all of the chips in the middle, and get back in with a shot at winning the tournament.
 Although the original raiser (UTG+2) had literally just joined the table, i believed that my donk bet on the flop would look pretty weak and, hopefully get some action.
 When the original raiser flat called and the Button then re-raised to 3500 i thought, happy days. I realised that flat calling would look very strong, but that the button in particular might view it as yet another bad play, putting me on a nut or second nut flush draw.
 So i flat called, on the basis that i was never going to fold, and that the original raiser might stick around too.
 As it happend, UTG+2 did fllat call the re-raise.
 The turn came a pretty harmless looking  
I checked the turn, in the mistaken belief that either one ,or hopefully both, of my opponents would  be betting the turn.
 They both checked behind.
 The river came the   pairing the board.
 I was pretty unhappy with this card, to put it mildly.
 I then jammed the remainder of my chips in on the river, on the basis that i had already committed to going all of the way with the hand. I felt that if i checked it would allow a hand that i was ahead of, such as a smaller flush, to check behind, whereas if one of my opponents did have a full house they were going to put me all in anyway.
UTG+2 flat called my shove and the button folded.
UTG+2 showed   for quads, knocking me out of the tournament.

I tend to agree that, with my stack size, i should have just jammed all in on the flop. I think JK's reply sounded about right.
I'm not sure whether anybody would consider folding after the dreaded pairing of the board on the river.
Either way, hopefully i will learn something from the experience, which is the sole reason that i've posted it on here.
I will try and get back to DTD for another deeepstack soon, as well as Blackbelt Live in November. Hopefully, a little wiser and a lot better prepared, mentally and phsicallly for the battle ahead.
  Cheers again for the feedback Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:12:40 PM by the rage » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »

If you flat call on the flop, you need to bet on the turn, with the only realistic bet being a shove. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »

flat the flop all day long if the other guy is sticking around with 66 lol

Christopher Brammer
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »

flat the flop all day long if the other guy is sticking around with 66 lol

yesssss, i mean as badly as you think you could ever have played this hand this guy has beaten you hands down.

I think your conclusions are a little influenced by the face that you lost this hand, "if i'd have jammed the flop, 66 would have folded" isn't really what we wanna think - "lets try and keep the weakest parts of UTg+2's range in this hand" is what we need to be thinking, and there is no doubt flatting is the only way to do that, even though it now becomes blatantly obvious to anyone who can remotely hand read that we have a flush it kinda doesn't really matter because we've already gotten so much of our stack in and the value of keeping UTG2 in this hand is huge.

As for the turn i kinda agree I would jam now UTG2 has flatted, we've got the extra value of the flat and now we can jam and both players are going to be getting 4 or 5/1 on a call and are really gonna struggle to pass anything, certainly you can expect at least one call.

once the turn has checked through never do anything but go all in on the river.

I think you played this hand quite well, and got unlucky - like I said I reckon you played 3 or 4 hands in the tournament that were actually more interesting than this, but this one sticks in your mind for the size/misfortune cos you lost, try not to worry too much about results, just try play your best and usually good stuff follows.
glgl

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: