blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272611 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD 500 Deepstack SOLD OUT.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD 500 Deepstack SOLD OUT.  (Read 6954 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »

Congrats on making Day Two Tom, get that grind on, glglglgl.

TYTYTY

The older I get, the better I was.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:13 AM »

Sent

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »

Shipped.

Do a win.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »

OP updated.

Raman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:30 PM »

sent.
Raman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »

I have accidentally grimmed you for £2 Mr Red Dog.  I thought I was sending £26 I will send the other £2 now.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

Received. Thanks

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »

Sorry guys. It was a really difficult and somewhat frustrating day yesterday and we never really got going.

We liked our draw.

Seat 1: satellite qualifier Alex Harrison, aka 'FallenAngelAlex.

Seat two: Hero. (That's me btw)

Seat 3: Reg. We don't know his name but we know his face. Sold but predictable.

Seat 4: Loose tilty guy #1. plays most posts.

Seat 5: Young, beanie, shades, fancy goatee type bum fluff, doesn't speak, doesn't smile, determined to look cool. Solid player, very capable.

Seat 6: Nit.

Seat 7: Loose tilty guy #2. plays most posts.

Seat 8: Bad boy of poker Julian Thew.

Seat 9: super laggy Anthony Nichols.

So. We have position on both the dangermen, and exploitable players to our left. We love our draw.

We lose ~ 5k in two hands in the first couple of orbits. In one we have kings. We bet pre flop & the loose tilty guys call, we bet post flop with the same result, an ace turns an now they want to re-raise, we fold.

In the second hand we call small bets to the river with middle pair & a flush draw but we miss everything.  We did consider betting our draw but both loose tiltys are in the pot and we don't think they are passing.

We go card dead for a level and a half. No biggie, we order crispy chilli chicken with chocolate brownie & ice cream for afters and we chat to the valets. (OMG.. The valets!)

Blinds are 200/400. Anthony Nichols limps UTG. Immediate alarm bells. Fallen Angel passes, we look down to find two black aces. We make it 1200. Loose tillty #1 calls, Beanie& shades calls, Loose tilty #2  makes up from the sb and finally, Anthony Nichols calls. 

So. we have aces in a 5 way pot. We don't like it.

Flop  Two Clubs Two Diamonds

It's checked to us, we bet 3k. Loose tillty #1 calls, Beanie folds, Loose tilty #2 calls, Nichols passes. We hate everything about it.

The turn is a  .

We all check.

The river is the 

If we were not already losing to Loose tilty #2's duces full, we were now almost certainty losing to Loose tillty #1's kings full.

Amazingly, everyone checks. LT#1 has JJ and LT#2 has 77. We win our first pot.

So we're slightly above average and feeling pretty good. We dabble in a few pots but we miss the flops. Then we find ourselves on the button with 67 of spades. Blinds are still 200/400, there has been a bet of 1000 called in 2 spots. We call. The flop comes ace high with two spades, we check, Beanie bets just over half pot, we call. The turn is a spade, we check, Beanie makes a small bet (~ 1k) we rr to 4k, beanie calls. The river brings a 4th spade. We check, Beanie bets ~6k, we fold, he shows us pocket kings with the K of spades.

Blinds go to 300/600 we post and then the table breaks on our button, we are bb on our new table. Bugger! We post the blinds again and the table breaks again. We are bb on our new table. Lol, and double bugger!

Blinds go to 400/800. We are UTG+1 and find JJ. We bet 2300. Someone re-raises to 7.5k and someone else calls. We fold, and they play to a showdown with no further betting. One of them has K 8, The other has A 10.

The very next hand, we're UTG and we find JJ again. We bet 24000, and a good solid player Rana Gurnam flats, then the bloke who re-raised with A 10 in the last hand re-raises again.

We have a short dwell, but we can't really give this guy any credit, plus we are now below 20k and the next blinds are 800/1200. We're slightly worried about Rana flatting but we decide we have to shove. Rana insta ships and A 10 man beats him into the pot.

We don't think this bodes well for us. Sotto voice we exclaim "Oh shit!"

We flip our JJ, Rana flips KK and A 10 man flips Aces.

The Aces hold and Mr A 10 becomes temporary custodian of a vast pile of chips. We meanwhile, slink outside to begin our 40 mile journey home in blizzard conditions.

Three hours later, as we were slithering around in our van somewhere on a snowbound & deserted A453 with only God and a menthol & eucalyptus lozenge between us and destitution, our 'Oil level low, Stop Engine Immediately' warning light comes on.

For the second time that night, this time not so Sotto voice, we exclaim "Oh shit!".

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »

Superb TR Tom, thanks, & I hope you got home OK.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »

Superb TR Tom, thanks, & I hope you got home OK.

+1
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

The very next hand, we're UTG and we find JJ again. We bet 24000, and a good solid player Rana Gurnam flats, then the bloke who re-raised with A 10 in the last hand re-raises again.

Nice report Tom although you may want to work on some of your reads.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »

I sense a back story....

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »

I sense a back story....

Sorry Tom no story whatsoever. Just general observation that's all.

Not saying he's bad or anything but I'd hardly say solid.

Thoroughly pleasant gent though as far as I've seen so I'll forgive him the occasional spew.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »

Agree lol'ed when you called Rana a solid player.

Also I think you're generally giving people too much credit. Just play your value hands strong. When you bet aces on a K22 flop and get two callers I'd be looking to get 3 streets of value not worry that someone has a rogue 2.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »

Perhaps 'Solid' is the wrong word for Rana, but he's a tricky experienced player.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: