blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 260833 times)
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:45 AM »

Terrific photos Aaron (Machka), keep them coming, loved that beetle!

You took those photos with that little compact camera of yours? If so, amazing.

PS - I believe the correct spelling for baby swans is "cygnets", not "signets". The wonders of the English language. Swans, I'm sure you are already aware, almost always "mate for life", which is good, but they also seem to inbeed a great deal, which is not so good.

Those were actually taken on my antepenultimate camera, which was a super compact, think a pack of cards size!

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_canon_digital_ixus_90_is_4.php

Yes, I knew it was cygnets no idea why I wrote signets.  Next thing I'll be confusing Jimmy Carr with David Mitchell.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »

PS - I believe the correct spelling for baby swans is "cygnets", not "signets". The wonders of the English language. Swans, I'm sure you are already aware, almost always "mate for life", which is good, but they also seem to inbeed a great deal, which is not so good.

Those were actually taken on my antepenultimate camera, which was a super compact, think a pack of cards size!

Yes, I knew it was cygnets no idea why I wrote signets.  Next thing I'll be confusing Jimmy Carr with David Mitchell.

LOVE that word!

Could we have a "preantepenultimate"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »

For what it's worth, this is my recommendation.

It's a bit pricey but It's a great camera.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596076/Trail/searchtext%3ETZ18.htm

Personally, if I were recommending a compact super zoom I would go for my camera (well, I did!).  A Canon SX 220 HS.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-SX220-HS-vs-Panasonic-TZ18

It's a really close call IMO Aaron.

Both great compacts.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »

Got me some flowers.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »

For what it's worth, this is my recommendation.

It's a bit pricey but It's a great camera.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596076/Trail/searchtext%3ETZ18.htm

Personally, if I were recommending a compact super zoom I would go for my camera (well, I did!).  A Canon SX 220 HS.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-SX220-HS-vs-Panasonic-TZ18

It's a really close call IMO Aaron.

Both great compacts.

Think I'll be going with this bad boy...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596124.htm

It's got a good zoom on it, it's smaller than what I'm currently using (105x58x33 mm) and compared to the newer TZ25 and 30 models, it's actually rated much better.  Thanks for the links guys.  Only for them, I'd have gone blind searching, got all confused and just given up in the end.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »

Well done!  I tried getting photos of the striped variety and wasn't happy with the shots.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:22 AM »

Great pics, loving the flowers and the cafe pics and especially the raindrops.

This is a pretty good deal http://www.magazine-group.co.uk/magazine/hobbies-leisure/photography/digital-slr-photography-magazine
Remember just to cancel the DD with your bank if you don't want to continue. I've bought the mag a few times and picked up some nice tips.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »

A rare sight these days, a stag beetle I found wandering across the lawn in my back garden.

Liking this, maybe we could have a macro theme for a while.

Geekfact: if you line all the animals and all the plants on the world right now in one big row, every fifth one is a beetle.
Wp beetles.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

Nothing wintry has inspired me so far this month so I'll only add this one from a couple of years ago

Mainly I was trying to capture the snow falling - anybody got any hints about how to do that better?

Is that Nottingham station, Jon?

No it's just Hastings station on my way to work.

When it won't get in the way I often have my camera with me 'just in case'

The only bit of Nottingham station I think might look similar would be flipped the other way around anyway (if I recall correctly).

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 24, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »

All these super close ups have inspired me to go out this weekend looking for something like that to add.

If I don't post anything it's because all my shots turned out rubbish.

Although that probably won't stop me posting them anyway.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 24, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »

I had  a similar Ixus (think it was the 70) great wee camera, unfortunately it disappeared from the poker table at APAT Cardiff 3 or 4 years ago when I left it at the table during the break..

Chaos here at Chez Geo as the 2 Grankids are coming on my walk tomorrow and I stupidly suggested they should stay over tonight so we can have an early start. Home made Toffee Loaf is now in Oven and all backpacks done.

We all have a camera so will be interesting to see what the kids come up with.

Going to do the Cramon/River Almond walk again with them.

Nana and parents have never been happier fml

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »

Look forward to the pics Geo. I think you walk more in a week than i do in 2 months. I get a bit bored walking, taking the camera more should break things up a bit.

Got this one this evening on the way home. Obv messed around with flickr a bit, I risk getting slayed by the purists Wink

J Lennon
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »

I had  a similar Ixus (think it was the 70) great wee camera, unfortunately it disappeared from the poker table at APAT Cardiff 3 or 4 years ago when I left it at the table during the break..

Chaos here at Chez Geo as the 2 Grankids are coming on my walk tomorrow and I stupidly suggested they should stay over tonight so we can have an early start. Home made Toffee Loaf is now in Oven and all backpacks done.

We all have a camera so will be interesting to see what the kids come up with.

Going to do the Cramon/River Almond walk again with them.

Nana and parents have never been happier fml

Geo

Before I had the 90 I had an Ixus 60 which was even smaller but still a brilliant camera.  I have pretty much stuck with Canon's since my Ixus 60, then my Ixus 90, Ixus 130 and now my SX 220 IS.  Every camera was point and shoot and always produced amazing results for the little effort it took to take the pictures.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: February 24, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »

Yes, I knew it was cygnets no idea why I wrote signets.  Next thing I'll be confusing Jimmy Carr with David Mitchell.

LOVE that word!

Could we have a "preantepenultimate"?

From my preantepenultimate camera, a Canon Ixus 60, a photograph of 2 slugs getting jiggy.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:49:28 PM by Machka » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »

Tremendous photo, Aaron!

What is that white thing they are eating? Wy does the slug nearest camera have a hole in its back?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: