blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 02:49:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272903 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Villains seems F.O.S - What to do with 5 high...?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Villains seems F.O.S - What to do with 5 high...?  (Read 2227 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »

Did you shove river with the quads?

yeh

Def shove the river here then.

He's only calling with AT green imo.

lol he isn't folding a straight mate.

I know villain isn't JC Tran (and Alex isn't Tom Dwan yet) but it's like this hand:

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »

Steve (villian) is absolutly riddled with live tells imo. Obv don't want to discuss them on here because you never know who's reading but I've had the chance to play with him quite a lot recently. Agree with the fact he's not the best hand reader, he sort of relies on his gut and whether a move looks "strong" and discounts everything else on what you're actually repping. He always seems more active and pretty insistent on getting even when in a hole so there's virtually no chance of him folding a straight but I also think he doesn't overbet the river with just a 10. He loves a bluff. But it's a pretty high variance spot and think he's going to pay you off in a lot of other spots when you don't have 5 high. He was losing and probably playing lots of pots which gives you plenty of chances to whack him!
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

I don't follow your maths of he only needs to call a 225 bet 1 in 5 for it to be profitable. You do have reverse implied odds versus plenty of better flushes.
Whats your plan when the club comes and pairs the board? Does he still pay you off when the flush comes and there's 4 to a straight? What about when he's bluffing you lead a club river and he folds?  What about when you make a flush and he does have two pair and he still folds!

Should fold the turn being oop is a big factor here.  If you get to the river then fold. Bet bigger on turn give up when raised.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »

Play worse...

Worked for Jake Cody
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »

I'm very worried about  here.  If he does have  and if he's not great at reading hands as you say he may be able to level himself into thinking you have another AT hand without realising that he has the blocker to the only hand you're representing given the street play.  Yes he's on a bit of tilt from the previous hand but if he has a tendency to call light with 2nd/3rd nuts when he's being told he's up against the nuts, this tendency doesn't just go away from one hand.  He'd probably tank, berate himself again and still sigh call saying there's too much in the middle.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »

River is really interesting and his betsizing completely polarizes him i agree. His turn bet seems strong, but there doesn't seem to be many combinations he's repping there that then correspond with this play by him on the river card imo. With the pretty in depth read that you have described, the best play has to be to bluff, and i would go for the click back over the shove as the most efficient way to do so. This should be an air/nuts situation for him and given that he can't hand read we aren't hopefully going to get rebluffed, and i reckon he'd be bluffing enough of the time here. Live players are prone to more than the occasional spaz even if he hasn't gotten much out of line vs you so far and it's something worth taking into account in this spot.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »

River is really interesting and his betsizing completely polarizes him i agree. His turn bet seems strong, but there doesn't seem to be many combinations he's repping there that then correspond with this play by him on the river card imo. With the pretty in depth read that you have described, the best play has to be to bluff, and i would go for the click back over the shove as the most efficient way to do so. This should be an air/nuts situation for him and given that he can't hand read we aren't hopefully going to get rebluffed, and i reckon he'd be bluffing enough of the time here. Live players are prone to more than the occasional spaz even if he hasn't gotten much out of line vs you so far and it's something worth taking into account in this spot.

totally agree with all of this.

wish I'd made it £590 and watched him snap folded the 78 that he had so much pleasure in revealing after I wimped out and folded...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: