blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 02:07:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273021 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  THE US Masters Tipster Competition
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE US Masters Tipster Competition  (Read 11234 times)
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 05:07:07 PM »

IN
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »

If we have agreed that "multi-entries" are acceptable, I'll take 2 more entries, but I don't want to be the only one who does it, so I'll hold off for now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »

I will have two please, will ship later today.

Thanks

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »

I'll be publishing the list of players (with associated prices) for each category later today.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 10:22:03 AM »

i will have one entry please

will send money tommorow
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »

Thanks Vince, look forward to that.

Don't forget everyone, UP TO three Entries are permitted.

I almost won the Cheltenham Tipsters Thread by just selecting my horses alphabetically, which just shows, with a bit of luck & anyone can do OK.

I might use a variant of the "stick a pin in" tactic for The Masters, too.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MajorMajor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »

I'm interested, will look at the markets and probably ship monies Wednesday
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

It's time for you to make your selections.

The list of prices for each of our chosen categories is available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdGttMnh6ck5sblJzVmZUZkplaDJZUGc

You need to choose one player from each category and indicate whether it is an outright or each-way selection.

You have until 9am on Thursday to send me your choices by PM. I also need to have received your entry fee by the same time.

Several of the categories that we chose for this competition do not have markets available at any bookie as far as I can see. Therefore I have made a slight deviation from my intention stated in the rules above. I have created prices for each of the markets by using the "Outright Winner" prices (as on SkyBet at midday today) and adjusting these to create a (near) 100% market for each of our categories.

For each-way bets, the number of places that pay for each market will be as follows:

Top US player                                  5
Top British Isles player                  3
Top Continental Europe player          3
Top Aussie                                  2
Top Asian                                          2
Top South African                          2
Top Debutant                                  3
Top senior player                          2
Leader after round 1                   8

In all cases, the place portion of the bet will be settled at 1/4 the odds of the outright price.

If anyone has any questions/problems relating to this competition I'll be happy to answer them on this thread or via PM.

Good luck and enjoy.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »

I'm a bit confused now Vince, all of those markets are available with almost all the firms. The problem with converting the BF outright book into sub books at 100% is the place part of every market is massive value.

I don't think 8 places on the end of round leader is a good either as because the prices are to 100% the place returns on 8 places mean you could pick one of the outsiders at the vastly inflated odds , nick a place at a qtr the odds on 8 places and virtually have a lead that mean someone else is going to have to pick a load of actual winners in other categories to catch you. The lower down the list in your end of rd leader prices the bigger the difference with the firms prices. In effect, the comp could almost be over if someone picks the end of round leader winner using the list you have used.

I'm happy to go with whatever you want, it looks like its been made a lot more complicated tho than say just using the Skybet ( or any other firms) lists and taking their place odds too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »

In do i send to the same place i did for cheltenham
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »

I'm a bit confused now Vince, all of those markets are available with almost all the firms. The problem with converting the BF outright book into sub books at 100% is the place part of every market is massive value.

I don't think 8 places on the end of round leader is a good either as because the prices are to 100% the place returns on 8 places mean you could pick one of the outsiders at the vastly inflated odds , nick a place at a qtr the odds on 8 places and virtually have a lead that mean someone else is going to have to pick a load of actual winners in other categories to catch you. The lower down the list in your end of rd leader prices the bigger the difference with the firms prices. In effect, the comp could almost be over if someone picks the end of round leader winner using the list you have used.

I'm happy to go with whatever you want, it looks like its been made a lot more complicated tho than say just using the Skybet ( or any other firms) lists and taking their place odds too.

Right, thanks.
I'll look into it. The markets definitely weren't available at 1pm today - well not on Oddschecker anyway. Having checked now, many of them appear to be. I guess that I should have just waited a while longer. If everyone can be patient for a while, I'll have a think.
Cheers...

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 04:31:47 PM »

In do i send to the same place i did for cheltenham

Yes, thanks.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »

Right, thanks.
I'll look into it. The markets definitely weren't available at 1pm today - well not on Oddschecker anyway. Having checked now, many of them appear to be. I guess that I should have just waited a while longer. If everyone can be patient for a while, I'll have a think.
Cheers...

no probs mate, I have just seen your PM from last night , sorry I didn't reply sooner.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

Please keep quiet, Mere is thinking..........

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »

OK, nobody has sent any selections in since I published the list of prices.
Therefore, I am going to scrap the prices that I have published so far and we'll start again along the lines that Phil has indicated.
I'll take the lists from published prices.
I'll let you know when it's sorted.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: