blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  nigdawg 2012 big wsop package
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nigdawg 2012 big wsop package  (Read 28311 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 06:51:42 AM »

Sad bubbled my first event the $3k nlhe/plo heads up

319 runners meant around half the field managed to get a bye in round 1, which we were fortunate enough to get.

round 2 i played a young guy who seemed decent although i did not recognise him. the comp was structured so that you had 60bb starting stacks with 2 rebuy chips you could bring into play at any point. i ran well in our match, i won 99>AKo all in pre to make him rebuy after 10 mins. i turned top set in plo when he made a big bluff at the river to make him rebuy the last time. finally crippled him in level 4 when he pot 3b the bb, i peeled AKQTss, he committing pot cbet Q87r i set him in, and held vs KT95ds.

round 3 saw 128 play down to 64 and the money. i drew leif force who i remember going deep in the main event a few years ago getting quite a lot of tv coverage. he told me before we started he now played heads up plo for a living and didn't really like nlhe. i would say i was a dog in this match vs him and he seemed very confident playing heads up. i opened 96o otb, he peeled and c/called QT8r. i turned one of my double gutshot outs with the which put 2 spades out. he check called again for 3/4 pot and the river was about the worst river in the deck. he led 3.6k into 5k and i elected to fold. he later said he flopped the nuts so if true i folded a chop but im happy with my fold.

not much interesting happened for a while. 2nd level was 200/400 plo i opened three clubs otb off 11k and peeled when he 3b. this was maybe a mistake on my part. the flop came and he pot cbet basically committing. obviously when i peel a 3bet with my hand and flop this i'm not going to be folding. i found myself in better shape than i could of been when he turned over KQ86dd but he hit running diamonds to force me to make a rebuy.

did actually win 1 all in when i got it in for 6k on the flop with KT87 on KJ8ss and held vs Q997 w/spades. unfortunately was my only all in pot i won.

in nlhe i min opened ATss to 1.2k off 12k and cbet 1/3 pot on T22r. he made a small c/r and barrelled the A turn. i gave it a fake tank on the turn but snapped when he jammed a brick river. he had K2s for the cooler

down to my last rebuy with only 20bb vs his 100bb it wasn't looking good. picked up QQ otb and he called my open and check called 985hh flop. turn was the 6 goes check check, river another 6 and he led 1/2 pot. sigh run out this hand but i made the call hoping he could be vbetting worse. he had 74dd.

picked up the prettiest hand all day with  and potted the button off of 9k @ 400/800. he peeled and c/jammed  . he said "ooops" when i snapped but we couldn't fade the  Q993 lol.

those hands probs paint him in a bad light. he picked up loads of little pots in between these big hands. my strategy for both games was to just kind of play tighter and actually have it in the big pots more. worked well the first time, not so well the second Sad

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »

Unlucky Chris, & thanks for the report.

So many ways to win that last hand, typically brutal Omaha, the difference between winning & losing can be so small.

On to the next, good luck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 03:36:11 AM »

Good result for all investors then, no buy back yet

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:20 AM »

Good result for all investors then, no buy back yet

could be starting something there m8 :-)

and ul bram
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »

Nice report dude, gl in the next one!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 07:17:45 AM »

ffs just busted $5k mix max

starting table could of been better with 5 tough online guys but pre antes the play was all pretty nitty. starting stacks of 15k i didn't really do much to get to around 18k when i noticed we were the next table to break. given how the players to my left were all very tight and the blinds were the 2 of the 3 spots on the table i opened  from mp to 500, which the bb peeled. he check called 600 on  then quickly check called 1500 on the  turn. i was fine with this tbh since i felt he'd be c/folding river like almost always, and i had a draw to the nut flush anyway. river  he checked again and i bet 3500.

like i said i was very happy with the hand...until he snapped river with 75dd lol. i guess his calldown is actually ok vs me since i will be barrelling but he was this nitty old guy i wouldn't expect to make the call much at all lol. this was the first time in 3 1/2hrs i'd so much as double barrelled let alone triple, and my hands that did get to showdown were good hands...9 handed pre antes i just don't get out of line but oh well.

moved table soon after and i recognised everyone as "name" players bar one middle aged asian guy with heaps of chips and a young guy wearing a cardrunners logo on my left. gavin smith also had a lot of chips, but darren elias and doc sands (two of the best young nlhe players in the game imo) had about the same 11k stack as me. just as i sat down the asian guy was involved in a big pot where he had the clock called on him on the river, which sent him on tilt, before he made a crying call and went on even bigger tilt. i'm not sure what he was playing like b4 i got there but for the next 2hrs he probably folded less than 10 hands pre flop. this created a huge dynamic where ppl were trying to play pots with him but i couldn't exactly open all that wide since this guy 3 to my left just wasn't folding lol. couple that with going card dead and i couldn't really do much.

down to 7.5k @ 150/300/25 with 2 mins b4 the dinner break i 3b shoved ATs from the sb vs gavin smith's co open and he quickly folded. then last hand b4 the 90 min break i opened KJs from the cutoff. the cardrunners pro 3bet the btn, and whilst it's not a great spot, because it's a pretty obvious one to take, i still think he will be light here enough. he snap folded to my shove and i went into dinner with a 10,750 stack, coming back to 200/400/50.

went for dinner at fix in the bellagio with toby, craig, matt frankland, martins and akenhead. was very nice and paid for by craig in the ccr Smiley so coming back from the break i was actually feeling quite good. this must have followed on into my game because i opened, 3bet and cbet successfully over and over in the first 2 orbits. doc sands, the asian guy and chance kornuth (highstakes cash sicko?) had all busted b4 the break so the table was playing a little easier.

one of the new guy's to replace an empty seat on my right opened the hijack and i found AQo from the cutoff playing 19.5k. i didn't recognise him but he was young, wearing headphones and a hoody. only hand i'd seen him play before this was him open 950 utg, gavin smith peel bb and check call 1.1k on KQ9r then they check down J turn 8 riv and gavin's A9 is good. he'd been here ~12 hands and probably seen me open at least 4 times, and 3b the bb once. 1/3 my stack comprised of 100 and 25 denomination chips. so yeh basically those were my reasons for taking this spot as a 3b/5bet.

him 950--> me 2250--> him 4900--> me all in--> him call AKs--> A8733 board--> gg

i think it's standard, and would probably do it a decent bit wider as a bluff too. feel it's a bit of a cooler with AQ Sad

these first 2 events made up 17% of the package so getting a score on the board from 1 would've been very nice but i feel i am playing well so hopefully can make a run at some of these $1500's coming up

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 07:24:06 AM »

oh btw the guy i lost to in the $3k hu (leif force) just won the whole thing for $208k grrrrr

Christopher Brammer
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25:20 AM »

Unlucky Chris.  Probably would have 3b/c the ATs vs Gavin.  Agree bust out hand is cooler

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 07:35:12 AM »

Ul Chris, love the 7-5 hand! Don't be barreling us idiots.

Very confident for the other 83%.

Thanks for the Report, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 04:53:02 AM »

we will be using our re-entry tomorrow for the $1500 im afraid.

you do need to get going early in these with just 4500 starting chips. don't really have much to say since i busted 2hrs in, right b4 the first break. i'm pretty sure i butchered 1 hand where i peeled a 3b w/88 and flop KJ8r. i check called and he potted Q turn. wanted to fold there and then but i eventually didn't lol. i check called (which was probably the worst option anyways) and then made a crying call on the river vs his 1/4 pot bet to be shown A10o for the nuts. i wasn't expecting him to turn over A10 but he can have all higher sets and probably doesn't pot the turn with AA or AK. table was very fishy/random and i just hoped he had KQ or indeed AA/AK. feel like i butchered it though.

it left me with 1.2k @ 25/50. i folded junk hands for the next 40 mins. i marked out 1 guy in particular 3 seats to my right playing especially fishy, even getting to showdown opening both 73o and Q7o from mid positions. when some1 is opening that wide on a 10 handed table pre antes i think i can exploit that fairly easily with my stack. he opened cutoff to 150 and i shoved QJcc from the bb for 975. he folded. next hand he opened hijack and i shoved T9hh from the sb for 1150. he called w/QQ and despite turning an open ended draw we lost.

the blinds were up in 2 minutes to 50/100, so despite actually 3b jamming 23bb pre antes with T9s (something i would not do too often at all) it felt just about ok to do it here since our stack is 11bb in 2 minutes, the opponent has been shown to open extremely wide and meh T9s isn't going to be in the worst shape vs his calling range anyways.

the 88 hand crippled us though and you can't really lose 6k pots in the first 2 levels to do well in these 1k/1.5k's

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »

Unlucky Chris.

When you start the campaign with 2 or 3 duds, does it affect your mindset, or do your confidence levels remain just as high?

Just curious, the psychology of poker players fascinates me.

Good luck with that 2nd bullet.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 05:57:49 PM »

we will be using our re-entry tomorrow for the $1500 im afraid.

you do need to get going early in these with just 4500 starting chips. don't really have much to say since i busted 2hrs in, right b4 the first break. i'm pretty sure i butchered 1 hand where i peeled a 3b w/88 and flop KJ8r. i check called and he potted Q turn. wanted to fold there and then but i eventually didn't lol. i check called (which was probably the worst option anyways) and then made a crying call on the river vs his 1/4 pot bet to be shown A10o for the nuts. i wasn't expecting him to turn over A10 but he can have all higher sets and probably doesn't pot the turn with AA or AK. table was very fishy/random and i just hoped he had KQ or indeed AA/AK. feel like i butchered it though.

it left me with 1.2k @ 25/50. i folded junk hands for the next 40 mins. i marked out 1 guy in particular 3 seats to my right playing especially fishy, even getting to showdown opening both 73o and Q7o from mid positions. when some1 is opening that wide on a 10 handed table pre antes i think i can exploit that fairly easily with my stack. he opened cutoff to 150 and i shoved QJcc from the bb for 975. he folded. next hand he opened hijack and i shoved T9hh from the sb for 1150. he called w/QQ and despite turning an open ended draw we lost.

the blinds were up in 2 minutes to 50/100, so despite actually 3b jamming 23bb pre antes with T9s (something i would not do too often at all) it felt just about ok to do it here since our stack is 11bb in 2 minutes, the opponent has been shown to open extremely wide and meh T9s isn't going to be in the worst shape vs his calling range anyways.

the 88 hand crippled us though and you can't really lose 6k pots in the first 2 levels to do well in these 1k/1.5k's

"I WENT STRIAGHTING AND FLUSHING AND DIDN'T WIN. WTF.

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »

lasted a bit longer today (5 levels) but same result Sad

today didn't start too well, felt like i couldn't win a pot for the first 2 levels, and then lost AKo<J9s vs 15bb, but then got there A8>AK and chipped up from there. i had 8.3k @ 75/150 and was feeling very comfortable. my tables kept breaking (i moved 4 times in the space of 30 minutes) but each one looked to be softer than the last lol. unfortunately it all came crashing down in one big hand...

utg (new to the table but looked exactly like darvin moon) limped off of 6k @75/150. i made it 625 in mp with   and he called. flop   Two Diamonds, he checked, i cbet 800 and he c/raised to 1750. vs a darvin moon type player i wasn't in love with the spot but my hand just feels too big to not go broke with, since i do have tptk and the nut flush draw. he just had   though and we didn't improve.

left with 2.2k we had a break 5 minutes later. coming back to 100/200 i had 1 spot where i could of got in my 10bb. utg (overly loose big stack who pulled his hoody over his entire face for some reason lol) opens to 450, dennis philips umm's and ahh's b4 peeling utg+2, then a youngish guy (who just open shoved the previous hand for 25bb from the cutoff w/33 and lost vs a shorty QQ) shoves from mp for 3k. i have ATo on the button and 2k chips, getting 3/2 on my money... had this guy folded i think i may of shoved my hand vs opponents but calling off felt a lot worse. i had a similar spot in ept monte carlo and folded thinking "hmm this guy could be tilted - i might have the best hand". everyone else folded so i will never know.

w/1950 chips i open shoved myself a short while later with QTdd. the cutoff, playing 5k, thought for a while b4 giving me a spin with 87cc lol. K6577 run out and that was that lol.

on to the plo tomorrow

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »

Unlucky Chris.

When you start the campaign with 2 or 3 duds, does it affect your mindset, or do your confidence levels remain just as high?

yeh i think playing mtt's online for a living definitely helps with this since i'm quite used to bricking 20-30 mtts in a row. live hurts a little more because i'm only playing 1 a day as opposed to 30-40 in a session, and they also take a lot longer.

these 1500's are quite infuriating because you start with so few chips it can be a case of losing 1 big hand and that's your $1500 gone. the variance is huge, but when you have over 3000 people fronting up the $ to enter, the tournaments are pretty much unmissable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:54:03 AM by NigDawG » Logged

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

Unlucky Chris.

yeh i think playing mtt's online for a living definitely helps with this since i'm quite used to bricking 20-30 mtts in a row. live hurts a little more because i'm only playing 1 a day as opposed to 30-40 in a session, and they also take a lot longer.

these 1500's are quite infuriating because you start with so few chips it can be a case of losing 1 big hand and that's your $1500 gone. the variance is huge, but when you have over 3000 people fronting up the $ to enter, the tournaments are pretty much unmissable.

Yup, that all makes sense to me, thanks, & do try & run a little better in tomorrow's PLO, right?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: