blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Karl M WSOP Package Auction
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Karl M WSOP Package Auction  (Read 13297 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »

sigggggh Karl ul man

really fancied you in this one Sad

glglglglglglglgl

(met Amy for the first time properly on craigs rail last night she was really nice thumbs up )

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »

Nice report mate. Gl in the next one

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:19 PM »

Nice report mate. Gl in the next one
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 04:10:32 AM »

Played the $240 PLO at Caeser's yday.

Short version: chopped it for $3,261

Longer version: Had 5bb with 7 left and was offered an even chop. Couldn't really turn that down + it was gone 3am and was playing the $1,500 wsop in the morning. One guy wanted everyone to pay him $100 extra but I refused as when he was shorter earlier and someone suggested a non-even chop he said "if it was me I'd just chop evenly because I know what can happen in these..." Seemed to change his tune when he had most chips and in general acting a bit pathetic. I told him I wouldn't be paying him $100 which lead to amusing scenes as we played on for another orbit with other short stacks pleading at me not to be stupid for $100. He eventually changed his mind.

Can't remember any hand details as I was blinded by the excitement of playing with Tikay for much of the night

$1,500 wsop today, have made dinner break but very short. Time to get back

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:34 AM »

Played the $240 PLO at Caeser's yday.

Short version: chopped it for $3,261

Longer version: Had 5bb with 7 left and was offered an even chop. Couldn't really turn that down + it was gone 3am and was playing the $1,500 wsop in the morning. One guy wanted everyone to pay him $100 extra but I refused as when he was shorter earlier and someone suggested a non-even chop he said "if it was me I'd just chop evenly because I know what can happen in these..." Seemed to change his tune when he had most chips and in general acting a bit pathetic. I told him I wouldn't be paying him $100 which lead to amusing scenes as we played on for another orbit with other short stacks pleading at me not to be stupid for $100. He eventually changed his mind.

Can't remember any hand details as I was blinded by the excitement of playing with Tikay for much of the night$1,500 wsop today, have made dinner break but very short. Time to get back

Quite right too.  We shared Tables for 11 hours, during which time I played exactly 2 hands. Blindingly exciting, me.

One of those was the very first hand of the Tourney, when I shrewdly got my whole stack in with a pair of 6's......

Seriously, it was an absolute pleasure to share tables with you, & I very much enjoyed the Tourney, & the evening. Shame I got my timing all wrong with 12 left, but it happens.

Hope the $1,500 goes/went well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »

Didn't make it through the day in the $1,500. AJ on the button seemed more than enough vs a cut off open for my 15bb. It felt even better after he asked for my stack to be counted down before deciding how to proceed and then less good when he made the brave call with AK

Couple of days off now before the next event

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »

Apologies for lack of updates here. Am guessing most people who bought shares are following updates on twitter

$1,500 plo8 at the Rio saw me last until just before the dinner break. I used each 1,500 bullet separately and didn't manage to get any of them above starting stack. It wasn't for lack of trying though, AK82cc losing to JT86 on 884cc and AKJ2hh losing to KQQ9 on 982hh before AKT3 lost to QJ98 on KTx. These low cards seem overrated in this game...

$600 PLO at Venetian was next. I'd happily pay double to enter this tournament which is always one I look forward too. Got off to a great start running my 15k up to 80k in the 1st few levels. One old guy got 25k in on the turn against me with KKT5 on 9832ss vs my A986ss which was generous. Lost a couple of small ones before getting involved in a big pot vs a young player who was new to the table. I raised KJT9ss at 600/1200 to 2,600 and he 3b to 8,800. We both had around 65k. I called and the flop came K98 all clubs. I checked and he bet half pot. With around 2x pot left in my stack I'm not sure I made the right play by getting it in here but none of the options seemed great. He had the nut flush and I missed to leave myself 1,600

By the end of the night this 1,600 looked like 30k and with blinds starting at 1,200/2,400 I was at least still in with a chance. 48 returned of which 36 would get paid (40k+ for 1st). I had around 10bb when we made the money which then became 30bb with 3 tables left. There were some bad players behind some big stacks and things were looking up.

The next significant hand saw action folded to me in the sb with AKT9cc. I opened for 24k at 4/8 playing 180k and the BB who was tilted up after a few bad hands called (playing around 120k). Flop was Q76 with 1 club. I didn't think he was folding much on this flop and with only a gutshot and overs I checked and he checked behind. The turn was which gave me the nfd. I bet the pot and he moved in for his extra 50k or so. His AT84hhh had made a straight and I didn't improve

In my final hand I potted over a limp from a weak player with AT64ds committing my 8bb stack and lost when he decided to come along with his Q963ds

Finished 24th for $1,597. Next event is tomorrow, the $1,500nl at the Rio

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 02:51:46 AM »

Got up to 11k after making a flush vs someone who had a set every hand.

Then got moved tables to the annual limping convention. Isolating a guy who limped 90% of hands didn't work out with A9hh when I flopped a 9 and turned a flush draw vs his J7. Other attempts to isolate also failed when people found hands behind and I had to fold. I eventually found KK and he limp reraised all in with AQo and I held to get back to 6k.

I didn't say a word to the guy at any point but I don't think he liked me cramping his style. I opened to 425 utg+1 with QQ on his big blind and he was the only caller. He check raised my 525 to 1,575 on the flop of 235r and beat me in the pot for my 5,500 total. I was just trying to work out what A6o represented on that flop before I was sent spinning by one of Barry Greenstein's finest

Shame because it would have been a fun table from there. 3k plo8 is next for me on tuesday

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53:59 AM »

urgh ul karl

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

Coming back for day 2 of the plo8 today with an above average 36k

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:50 PM »

Best of luck buddy

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:27 PM »

gl bestfriendrenholz

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2012, 03:22:54 AM »

glglgl

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »

Johnicho Leads Final 31; Bronshtein, Baker & Saout Lurk

On Wednesday, the remaining 173 entrants of a 526-player field return to action in Event 58: $3,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Low Split 8-or-Better. All had their sites firmly set on the gold bracelet and the $330,277 first-place prize, though by the end of the night only 31 would remain in contention, including chip leader Felicia Johnico, who bagged up 397,000.

In the first six levels of the day, over 100 players hit the rail empty handed including Allen Kessler, Bruno Fitoussi, Huck Seed, Chip Jett, Scott Clements, Humberto Brenes, Mike Matusow, Martin Staszko and Ville Wahlbeck, just to name a few.

In Level 13, which was about a dozen players shy of the money, a massive pot developed preflop between Stephen Su and David Bach, with a short-stacked Joe Gualtieri caught in between. The preflop action is unknown, but what is known is that Bach got his stack of around 70,000 all in and was snap-called by Su.

Showdown
Su: {A-Hearts}{A-Diamonds}{4-Spades}{10-Diamonds}
Bach: {A-Spades}{2-Diamonds}{K-Hearts}{7-Clubs}
Gualtieri: {A-Clubs}{3-Hearts}{5-Hearts}{J-Clubs}

The {Q-Spades}{2-Spades}{8-Spades} flop kept Su in the lead with his pair of aces, but both his opponents held low draws. The {8-Hearts} turn was kind to Su as it kept him in the lead and paired the board, but it'd be the {9-Hearts} on the river that would avoid a low and allow him to scoop the approximately 160,000 pot. Both Gualitieri and Bach seemed a little stunned as they exited the tournament floor while Su was understandably all smiles as he was primed for a deep run into the money.

Speaking of the money, some familiar names managed to work their way in including Matt Vengrin (53rd-$5,557), Matt Wood (52nd-$5,557), Dario Alioto (50th-$5,557), Erick Lindgren (49th-$5,557), Michael Moed (43rd-$6,778), Ray Henson (39th-$6,778) and Ryan Laplante (37th-$6,778).

While many failed to survive the day, others thrived and will be returning to action on Day 3. They include Su, Randy Ohel, Yuval Bronshtein, Kyle Bowker, Josh Field, David “ODB” Baker, Bryan Devonshire, Mickey Appleman, Antony Lellouche, Antonie Saout, Binh Nguyen and John Shipley.

Day 3 action is set to get underway at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday as the remaining 31 players will play down to a winner. Who will walk away with the bracelet and $330,277 first-place prize

Karl Mahrenholz is through with a bowl, but a spin up bowl hopefully, 6xbb

John Shipley is through with 98,500 last reported

Both guaranteed $8,329

Graham Clarkson  finished 40th for $6,700

http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2012-world-series-of-poker/event-58-pot-limit-omaha-hi-low-split-8-or-better/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »

Unfortunately John bust in the last level but me and my spin up bowl will be going back at 2pm

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: