blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:09:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  An interesting ruling I found on Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interesting ruling I found on Facebook  (Read 3408 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »

Surely the only person he has disadvantaged by this shit play is himself and as such he should be made to play every street win or lose.

Ah! The element of surprise
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »

On further consideration the hand must be dead, as he could potentially have been dealt two cards and concealed one. It would be obvious that he hadn't been dealt a card if he spoke up immediately.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 05:02:11 PM »

This was from PokeinEdinburgh's Facebook page (cheers fett Tongue).

Someone quoted this from Roberts Rules

9. If you play a hand without looking at all of your cards, you assume the liability of having an irregular card or an improper joker.

Your hand is declared dead if:
(d) The hand does not contain the proper number of cards for that particular game (except at stud a hand missing the final card may be ruled live, and at lowball and draw high a hand with too few cards before the draw is live).

The page admin also pointed out, how is it possible to determine which card is missing?

Also, how do we know that Villain hasnt palmed a card off (being on the button and this a common mistake, this would be easy to get another card if you could remove the first one)?
FallenAngelAlex

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

surely the end result would mean he wouldnt be able to claim any pot anyway. You need two cards in your hand to win the pot. Simple

yes i did just shake my tic tacs at you - did it work?
Cotter1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »

this exact thing happened at Luton many years ago.
Ruling was that as more than 1 player had acted, play should carry on with the player only having 1 card.
No 2nd card was given to the player but he could carry on with 1 card if he liked and play his 1 card + the board.
Can't remember if they then burned two cards pre flop, but don't think so?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 06:56:59 PM »

Ruling was that as more than 1 player had acted, play should carry on with the player only having 1 card.
No 2nd card was given to the player but he could carry on with 1 card if he liked and play his 1 card + the board.

Was this before Ratched confiscated the cigarettes or when McMurphy stole the bus?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »

A rather inebriated player at Gala a couple of years ago called behind two all-ins.
Cash so no showdown but as the other two debated, "do you have a set?", "I have the flush", he announced " I have the ace"
Asked "what with?" he replied "Just the Ace..." which was accurate since he did indeed have just the one card...
The lady with the set attempted to get the entire hand declared dead, she was happy enough to fail in that when the board paired on the river.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 08:38:48 PM »

Was this before Ratched confiscated the cigarettes or when McMurphy stole the bus?

LOL
Cotter1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 12:18:54 AM »

[/it was before forums', or maybe I'd have written about it. Great film btw.]
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:49 PM »

This is tricky, he has acted with the incorrect amount of cards ... So technically his hand is dead. However it is of no hardship just to give him the next card as it is his and everything is correct. Common sense lets them complete the hand, then you can smash the cocky twats teeth in Smiley
Or TD pulls out an automatic riddles him reloads another clip then calls security to remove the corpse headfirst via fire exit. Why just kill his hand.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »

This is tricky, he has acted with the incorrect amount of cards ... So technically his hand is dead. However it is of no hardship just to give him the next card as it is his and everything is correct. Common sense lets them complete the hand, then you can smash the cocky twats teeth in Smiley
Or TD pulls out an automatic riddles him reloads another clip then calls security to remove the corpse headfirst via fire exit. Why just kill his hand.

way too much anger...

Just chill, tell him that he is not a very nice person and that in this hand his hand is dead.

Thank him for his custom and request he leaves by the nearest exit.

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »

Agreed fully.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »

Hand is dead as the dodo. Or 100% should be.
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »

way too much anger...

Just chill, tell him that he is not a very nice person and that in this hand his hand is dead.

You need more angst and bad times in your young life so you get as angry as the rest of us.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:37 PM »

way too much anger...

You need more angst and bad times in your young life so you get as angry as the rest of us.

Thanks, I think.

Im making a conscious effort to be a nicer, gentler, more passive listening person more.
I've got the fire, balls, stupidity, bravery to tell anyone anything...

But do I need to? Tongue

Either way - the hand above should be an ex-hand.  Its probably just sleeping though...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: