blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Women bishops... Church says no
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Women bishops... Church says no  (Read 6131 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »

Do we think God should abide by the law tho? This is God's law. And if I was God I would do as I please thanks. I should be allowed to drive at whatever speed I want because I will never crash. But let's say I was drunk one night and did crash, well I could save all the victims with my resurrection skills and could repair any damage instantly. Sending God on a speed awareness course for going 40 in a 30 seems pretty anal to me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »

Do we think God should abide by the law tho? This is God's law. And if I was God I would do as I please thanks. I should be allowed to drive at whatever speed I want because I will never crash. But let's say I was drunk one night and did crash, well I could save all the victims with my resurrection skills and could repair any damage instantly. Sending God on a speed awareness course for going 40 in a 30 seems pretty anal to me.

Definitely the most sense ever spoken on a Sicilian thread

sola virtus nobilitat
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »

Lol... perfectly good topical thought provoking thread and you turn up ...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

tbf, I swerved pretending I know anything about the topic except that female strippers should always be female imo

sola virtus nobilitat
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »

tbf, I swerved pretending I know anything about the topic except that female strippers should always be female imo

Amen

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »

when would a female stripper not be a female stripper? you clarified the gender aspect before reaching the end of your statement

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2012, 03:53:00 AM »

You checked with the Equality and Human Rights Commission and they confirmed that there is legislation in place to stop women becoming sperm donors?

Also model, athlete, stripper??? 

I was going for certain types of Welfare Officer as the other legitimate one but I´ll happily admit that it´s based on assumptions that I made based on some knowledge of this piece of legislation, rather than any detailed knowledge of specifically this element of it.

It's not that the people in those jobs have be a particular gender, just that it is permissable to make some jobs available only to people of one gender, such as the ones I listed. There are several reasons for it - to preserve dignity or decency, a requirement for strength, authenticity in entertainment and so on.

What's the issue with 'model'? If you are selling men's clothes, do you think the role of modelling them should be open to women? And what's wrong with 'athlete'? Try entering the AAA Women's Trials and see how far you get. I just picked on athlete, but many sports roles are only open to one gender.

Some other examples of roles listed in the Act or its Amendments as being capable of being advertised just to one gender include lady-in-waiting, contraceptive pill manufacturing operative, condom tester, surrogate mother, single-sex school laundry assistant and dominatrix.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2012, 04:47:25 AM »

Also, jobs at a womans refuge, are restricted to women. Lots of other examples, but I'm on my phone and can't be asked putting any real effort into a thread started by sicilian.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

You checked with the Equality and Human Rights Commission and they confirmed that there is legislation in place to stop women becoming sperm donors?

Also model, athlete, stripper??? 

I was going for certain types of Welfare Officer as the other legitimate one but I´ll happily admit that it´s based on assumptions that I made based on some knowledge of this piece of legislation, rather than any detailed knowledge of specifically this element of it.

It's not that the people in those jobs have be a particular gender, just that it is permissable to make some jobs available only to people of one gender, such as the ones I listed. There are several reasons for it - to preserve dignity or decency, a requirement for strength, authenticity in entertainment and so on.

What's the issue with 'model'? If you are selling men's clothes, do you think the role of modelling them should be open to women? And what's wrong with 'athlete'? Try entering the AAA Women's Trials and see how far you get. I just picked on athlete, but many sports roles are only open to one gender.

Some other examples of roles listed in the Act or its Amendments as being capable of being advertised just to one gender include lady-in-waiting, contraceptive pill manufacturing operative, condom tester, surrogate mother, single-sex school laundry assistant and dominatrix.

Yep all fair enough points, I hadn´t thought it through sufficiently/in the right sort of way and just thought it sounded silly so I criticised it but you´re right, apologies for being a bit of a dick about it and to all for the slight thread derail.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »

Yes, it's sexual discrimination the same way that many "faith" schools are able to discriminate based on the religions of the parents of children.

It does seem religion has this privilege, even in the UK's relatively secular and free society.

From this point I got a thinking about a tangent. Would it be fair to say that most faith schools perform better than non religious schools? I don't know the stats on it but presume that is the case as I hear of a lot of lay Catholics following the protocol of masses every Sunday and feigning Catholicism just so they can get their kids into Catholic Primary School. My sister in fact did this. But anyway, back to the point and that is why do faith schools perform better if they indeed do?

Does religion bring better familial discipline and therefore better behaved children? Sort of confused by it.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »

Yes, it's sexual discrimination the same way that many "faith" schools are able to discriminate based on the religions of the parents of children.

It does seem religion has this privilege, even in the UK's relatively secular and free society.

From this point I got a thinking about a tangent. Would it be fair to say that most faith schools perform better than non religious schools? I don't know the stats on it but presume that is the case as I hear of a lot of lay Catholics following the protocol of masses every Sunday and feigning Catholicism just so they can get their kids into Catholic Primary School. My sister in fact did this. But anyway, back to the point and that is why do faith schools perform better if they indeed do?

Does religion bring better familial discipline and therefore better behaved children? Sort of confused by it.

Out of all the schools, in the area I live, the pupils of the faith schools are far better behaved, look less scruffy and are more polite. This is purely my own observation and not backed up by statistics or a criminal register of sorts.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »

There are good faith schools and bad faith schools, just as there are good and bad non-faith schools. Sometimes it's a matter of funding.

The religion of the parents shouldn't be the determining factor though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »

There are good faith schools and bad faith schools, just as there are good and bad non-faith schools. Sometimes it's a matter of funding.

This is correct. Bring back grammar schools.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »

So the only reason as a whole the faith schools are normally better is probably because they are better funded? Rather than the principles of each religion that asks for each student to behave in a certain way, normally more pleasantly?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »

So the only reason as a whole the faith schools are normally better is probably because they are better funded? Rather than the principles of each religion that asks for each student to behave in a certain way, normally more pleasantly?

Your assertion assumes that religion is needed to make people behave morally. I'd argue that isn't the case and religion can in fact be a cause of 'bad' behaviour such as discrimination against others.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: