blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!  (Read 28458 times)
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »

Were you stringbet George? Who was that guy called every one of my open's, making it perfect for you to 3 bet me a treat haha sigh. wp see ya sunday
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2013, 01:29:10 AM »

Yeh was me mate Smiley GL see you then

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2013, 01:37:22 AM »

So, someone has got 800k?

LB44

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 01, 2013, 02:01:23 AM »

Yeah but it's only Ben Vinson haha :|
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »

Guess I am driving down with Specman Saturday now. That's if he dares show his face. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
UAREDEAD
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 01, 2013, 02:27:14 AM »

i looked on the online game and it shows three players all sat out.. one with 2.2 m one with 97k and another with something else... are these the three making the final day?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2013, 02:30:04 AM »

i looked on the online game and it shows three players all sat out.. one with 2.2 m one with 97k and another with something else... are these the three making the final day?

the comp was meant to stop after level 16. Tom from Dtd did come on and say they were taking a screenshot of the chip counts. Of course no one believed it was Tom especially paranoid Batey and no believer Bedi Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2013, 02:41:09 AM »

Guess I am driving down with Specman Saturday now. That's if he dares show his face. Smiley

Ha! Is that Richard? Explains alot

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »

hi guys, comments are;

- very happy with 85 runners for the first time we have tried this format

- 9.4% of the field got through, I expected 10% ish so no massive surprise there - we played an extra level plus players can re-enter so are more inclined to gamble - just the same as they do on Fridays. I expect c13% friday and c17%% sat, that 16th level should get rid of an extra 3% of the field, so ideally an overall average of 15% into Day 2 (75 out of 500). There is always a higher % get thru on Sat as most of our satellite qualifiers choose Sat and they plays a little more conservatively, plus players cannot re-enter so there is less gambling

- I don't read anything into Ben's chip leader stack, you don't get bigger chips because its online cards, we have had players get these size of stacks live, especially with Ben's conservative style of play Smiley You only have to look a the Chip Leader results to know its rarely the big stacks that pick up the big money so i don't think this should deter anyone from playing friday or saturday

- we have recorded various data for all levels/hands/players left etc etc that we will compare to this weekend's live Day 1's, so any adjustments to future online day 1's can be made to get them as close to live as poss

- yes, agree the software should pause after 16 levels but its been repeatedly marketed (and marketed again) that we are playing 16 levels online, but of course, we need to try and find away of stopping the comp (same as a live day 1!)

- we play 16 levels on fri and sat, should finish around 2am

- for those of you that made Sunday day 2, please remember its a 1pm re-start as part of the aim to get an earlier finish for travelling players

thanks for the support guys, when we try new stuff its risky, and we can't do it without your support and feedback

Overall: I think this online day 1 has some legs, everyone has worked hard at DTD to get it off the ground, so lets see how the rest of the weekend goes, it would be nice to keep getting 500+ runners each month

cheers rob

ps. You can expect a few very important announcements about DTD in next 14 days, I will post them on here first of course
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:24:19 AM by robyong » Logged
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:28 AM »

hi guys, comments are;

- very happy with 85 runners for the first time we have tried this format

- 9.4% of the field got through, I expected 10% ish so no massive surprise there - we played an extra level plus players can re-enter so are more inclined to gamble - just the same as they do on Fridays. I expect c13% friday and c17%% sat, that 16th level should get rid of an extra 3% of the field, so ideally an overall average of 15% into Day 2 (75 out of 500). There is always a higher % get thru on Sat as most of our satellite qualifiers choose Sat and they plays a little more conservatively, plus players cannot re-enter so there is less gambling

- I don't read anything into Ben's chip leader stack, you don't get bigger chips because its online cards, we have had players get these size of stacks live, especially with Ben's conservative style of play Smiley You only have to look a the Chip Leader results to know its rarely the big stacks that pick up the big money so i don't think this should deter anyone from playing friday or saturday

- we have recorded various data for all levels/hands/players left etc etc that we will compare to this weekend's live Day 1's, so any adjustments to future online day 1's can be made to get them as close to live as poss

- yes, agree the software should pause after 16 levels but its been repeatedly marketed (and marketed again) that we are playing 16 levels online, but of course, we need to try and find away of stopping the comp (same as a live day 1!)

- we play 16 levels on fri and sat, should finish around 2am

- for those of you that made Sunday day 2, please remember its a 1pm re-start as part of the aim to get an earlier finish for travelling players

thanks for the support guys, when we try new stuff its risky, and we can't do it without your support and feedback

Overall: I think this online day 1 has some legs, everyone has worked hard at DTD to get it off the ground, so lets see how the rest of the weekend goes, it would be nice to keep getting 500+ runners each month

cheers rob

ps. You can expect a few very important announcements about DTD in next 14 days, I will post them on here first of course

100% its got some legs rob. A slight difference obv being that tonight we played periods 5 and 6 handed which the live guys won't but when online numbers grow this wont be a problem. 12 minute levels (esp) with no timebank will mirror 40 min levels perfectly imo.
maybe have a sat online to the £300 that you must play day1a)? to increase day1a  players? great innovation think we touched on it in san remo day 1 iirc
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:40 AM »

Think it's a really good idea, I only get to DTD a couple times a year but will be looking to play this a lot more regularly.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:48 AM »

Ha! Is that Richard? Explains alot
yes Richard Norfolk, loves the game and will be re entering.
Richard Whiteley wants it pointing out that he is Rick117.

The online experiment was definatley a success and should stay IMO. You 100% need to reduce the clock but you probably know this. It is not just the amount of hands played but also the way people play online. You are always gonna have carnage when people get to half a million in chips and think "fuck it, that's not enough. I'm just gonna roll my face on the key board for 3 hands and see if I can get to a million".

All eyes will be on Ben with the 700k best of luck to him. He is a class act

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2013, 08:39:48 AM »

If you bust online day 1a and you renter today for day 1b and again you bust, can you still renter day 1c?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »

Live Update of 1b from 2pm

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60224.msg1710814#new

More ways to qualify into 1c tomorrow:

You can still qualify for tomorrow's 1c, in one of two ways

LIVE tonight there is a Mega Sat at 8pm

£20 rebuy

10 seats Guaranteed

It starts at 8pm, late reg until 9pm