blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Markup??
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Markup??  (Read 13348 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »

People are stuck on this saying "it's a soft field" and loads more silly sayings. You are playing the WSOP if you go deep, then you ae up against the very best players in the world & not to mention previous to that, you still need the massive amount of luck to get deep in that tournament. If you are saying that Daniel Morgan is a 1.6 player in any tournament, then Chris Brammer, Alex, Trigg and numerous more will be selling a package at 2.5.

Aaron, you need a massive amount of luck to go deep in ANY tournament that is a totally moot point.

I'm not saying, and have never said that Dan Morgan is 1.6 mark-up value in any tournament - Phil Ivey is NOT 1.6 mark up value in ANY tournament, no-one in the world is, so another moot point.

Do you know ANYTHING about Dan's game? Do you know ANYTHING about his background? You know plenty about Alex because he has a diary here, we know plenty about Trigg because of his very public results, and we know about Brammer because of his success - I'd hazard a guess that you actually know nothing about any of there poker games. There is certain things I'd back brammer in over Dan, Dan in over Alex and Alex in over Bram, but I can make these statements with authority because I know the three of them and their poker games very well.

Incidently, Brammer would have sold in the main event at a higher price than 1.6 if he had put a package up im sure of that.

You say I have nothing to back it up with, but everything speaks for itself. The package did not even come close to selling out & it's the only BAP I can remember that has never sold on Blonde. Furthermore you say I continue to insist it's a bad value package, but I have already mentioned that a lot of better players was already selling Vegas action for a lot lower, why would I buy in a player who is selling at a higher rate who I believe is not a better player than someone else who is selling a lot cheaper?

Like Adam said (and I said earlier) there were actually better value propositions out there probably (not by a lot I hasten to add) so if you had $1000 to spend on main event action you'd prolly have got a little more "bang for your buck" buying something else, however if you had $50,000 to spend on Mai Event action you'd have made at least a good buy.

I can sit here and think I'm being harsh on Dan, but then I am of the opinion that he was genuinely trying to get pretty much a free meal ticket out of the stake.

You're not being harsh, you're just calling someone you don't out in public over a situation you don't know anything about - you know how people I know get 50/50 freerolls in the main event - it's that type of tournament.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

Never live that one down.

Eeeeek, bitter bitter!

I got in the 2011 "premier" one met, so no reason to be bitter Tongue
me too. But to be honest I never got half the shit Aaron is getting.

Dan Morgan won the Oxford Cup Aaron. He also played goaltender for Sheffields ice hockey team Arron. He is double hard stands 6'5" and had a spiders web tattoo on his face

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »

Never live that one down.

Eeeeek, bitter bitter!

I got in the 2011 "premier" one met, so no reason to be bitter Tongue
me too. But to be honest I never got half the shit Aaron is getting.

Dan Morgan won the Oxford Cup Aaron. He also played goaltender for Sheffields ice hockey team Arron. He is double hard stands 6'5" and had a spiders web tattoo on his face

You been smoking in the morning

Just me
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2013, 12:13:06 PM »

It shows how ridic the mark up was when it didn't get even close to selling out. Better players sold their Vegas packages for a lot lower price & sold out.

also, putting expenses into packages are lol, nobody asked you to go to Prague to play poker. Free holiday just about then?

who is this even aimed at now?

with all due respect Aaron, you're arguing a point about a player you know nothing about with people who know a LOT more about poker than you and know the player in question very very well.

I fail to see why you continue to insist that was a bad value package when you have literally nothing to back it with

People are stuck on this saying "it's a soft field" and loads more silly sayings. You are playing the WSOP if you go deep, then you ae up against the very best players in the world & not to mention previous to that, you still need the massive amount of luck to get deep in that tournament. If you are saying that Daniel Morgan is a 1.6 player in any tournament, then Chris Brammer, Alex, Trigg and numerous more will be selling a package at 2.5.

You say I have nothing to back it up with, but everything speaks for itself. The package did not even come close to selling out & it's the only BAP I can remember that has never sold on Blonde. Furthermore you say I continue to insist it's a bad value package, but I have already mentioned that a lot of better players was already selling Vegas action for a lot lower, why would I buy in a player who is selling at a higher rate who I believe is not a better player than someone else who is selling a lot cheaper?

I can sit here and think I'm being harsh on Dan, but then I am of the opinion that he was genuinely trying to get pretty much a free meal ticket out of the stake.

Like I also said earlier, people are definitely rounding up there figures to suit. Players will sit there and get to the assumption that they are worth 1.12, then finally arrive at the figure of 1.2.

Well done, you once again manage to be a complete ass over something you know nothing about

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »

james, flushy had nothing to do with my ridic package. He left his account on and i put 15% on or w/e the figure was mainly because he wouldnt buy lol
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: