blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD February £150,000 Deepstack: Day1b
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD February £150,000 Deepstack: Day1b  (Read 54030 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »

I played, and I will play again.

I think it's a great concept. OK, it needs a few tweaks, but that's always the case with innovation.

On the whole, I thought the puses far outweighed the minuses.

The older I get, the better I was.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 12:19:48 PM »

I think it's a great concept. OK, it needs a few tweaks, but that's always the case with innovation.

Totally agree Tom.
jdogloves46

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »

Totally agree Tom.

So would you guys play it if the clock was removed and you played a certain number of hands per level equal to the average number of hands played live? Would that tweak work for you?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »

Report on last night at http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=7&id=397

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »

My final word on the subject as I need to prepare for the 12 hour live grind ahead....if the format and chip stacks are left as is and not synced in some manner for future ones might I suggest the tournament is renamed and "Deepstack" withdrawn from the online element of the tournament! as "Irrelevant" seems to be the word of the day!

Why would you remove the word 'deepstack' from the online side when that's the one with the higher average stack?

Way to make a point.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

Totally agree Tom.

So would you guys play it if the clock was removed and you played a certain number of hands per level equal to the average number of hands played live? Would that tweak work for you?

It's not a finite science. Even live, some tables will play more, (sometimes quite a lot more) hands than others. Dealers vary, players response time / dwell time varies. Far easier to juggle the clock until it is reasonably close to matching the live average IMO.

Average is the key word here.

The older I get, the better I was.
h

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »

Totally agree Tom.

no would not play it if number of hands was restricted per hour just shortten clock if players think it is an issue
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:43 PM »

The only fair way to sync the online with the live event, is to give the online a set number of hands per level that is equal to the average hands played per level live. Once the number of hands played has hit that watermark the level goes up. Also remove the re-entry option for people who play the online day 1. This is the only way I can see it being fair, and also allows those with long ways to travel to play online. Personally I couldn't play this weekend so haven't entered at all. But if the online is run again without changes I DEFO will play the online as I think I have an edge there generally, and this format only accentuates it.

I'm not sure that works.

Would you pause every (Online) Table after every hand, to ensure they all stay in sync as to how many hands played? You would have to, presumably, to ensure that when Table balancing takes place, the player is not gaining or losing hands.

A pause to wait for the slowest table to catch up after every hand may not be overwhelmingly popular.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 12:32:26 PM »

why does it matter how much the chip leader has? it always amazes me how live player fixate on "what the average is?" "how much has the chip leader got?" If you are still in the tournament both these questions are completely irrelevant and the only thing that should matter to you is the amount of big blinds you have.

As far as I'm concerned the online (which I played but didn't make it through) was a big success. I have never had over 120k I don't think at the end of day1 of a DTD event, has it ever bothered me that people have 400k? no. It really is irrelevant.

If live players stopped thinking with this logic it would help their games instantly.

IMO, the more people that play the online day1 the better because it will make the average higher and make day 2 alot deeper instead of it constantly being a 20bb crapshoot for 8 hours.

This

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »

why does it matter how much the chip leader has? it always amazes me how live player fixate on "what the average is?" "how much has the chip leader got?" If you are still in the tournament both these questions are completely irrelevant and the only thing that should matter to you is the amount of big blinds you have.

As far as I'm concerned the online (which I played but didn't make it through) was a big success. I have never had over 120k I don't think at the end of day1 of a DTD event, has it ever bothered me that people have 400k? no. It really is irrelevant.

If live players stopped thinking with this logic it would help their games instantly.

IMO, the more people that play the online day1 the better because it will make the average higher and make day 2 alot deeper instead of it constantly being a 20bb crapshoot for 8 hours.

This
jdogloves46

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »

OK so a clock shortening seems appropriate then.... 10/12 mins clock?? what think ye???
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »

My final word on the subject as I need to prepare for the 12 hour live grind ahead....if the format and chip stacks are left as is and not synced in some manner for future ones might I suggest the tournament is renamed and "Deepstack" withdrawn from the online element of the tournament! as "Irrelevant" seems to be the word of the day!

Why would you remove the word 'deepstack' from the online side when that's the one with the higher average stack?

Way to make a point.

rofl <3

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

have the online day as the last day 1. and 12min levels seems perfect!
dtm75

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »

have the online day as the last day 1. and 12min levels seems perfect!

+1
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 01:18:49 PM »

Specman tried to hang himself in the loft last night but the joist snapped and he went straight through the spare bedroom and ended up in the kitchen in the sink with the dirty pots.  I spoke to his wife just now and she ain't best pleased and it means I now have to drive us Saturday as he has a pot on his leg.
 He is annoyed at me because I told him to double up Liam then George then Ben and he did not realise I was joking when i told him it aint worth going back Sunday with less than a million.

Any way thread back on track good luck all blondes playing today.

And Semtex I'm gonna come sort you out on Facebook Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: