blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Ukipt London auction!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ukipt London auction!  (Read 18334 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

If you list a product on ebay and it doesn't attract the interest/bids you were hoping for you can end the auction at any time and withdraw the item from sale. You are never committed to sell a product if you no longer wish to in any walk of life. I had to do it once when I realised the photos of my item were too far away for people to judge how great the item actually was.

Also whatever happened to the simple 'if you don't like don't buy' mantra that a lot of you guys have trotted out before?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=37373.1860

Pretty simple finish after such an creative through ball imo

Yup, just a feeble attempt to pour a little water on the burning fire.  I should have known better.

Those burning fires are the worst kind.

Correct as always, Tom, though it does not help when folks keep flinging petrol on the fire.

We really ought to be able to debate things a little better than this, even if they are contentious matters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »

Keith the thing you are missing is it's not even close to the first time he's made a terrible post in the staking forum. He never seems to learn.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 09:16:15 AM »

Some people are good at da pokerz but not so hot at posting on internet forums.

If someone who is computer literate can't produce a 'reasonable' looking proposal on an internet forum then i would quite happily say they are never going to be any good at poker.

I am sure this character could manage to put up a decent proposal if he put the effort in, fact is he didn't. So why should anyone consider investing at anything near 1.0?

Just started to look a bit like bullying to me.

Hope he gets the lot and I'll post pictures on this thread rubbing fifties on my tities (provided he hasn't grimmed me of course)
he says he was only upset by my comments and I have said sorry. If I was bullying him then obv that is not acceptable and I crossed the line again. 

There is loads of love on blonde and getting a stake is very easy if you set out your proposal properly. I can't remember the last time anyone got knocked back asking nicely.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

would be willing to bet that if Sam Trickett had 1250 posts on blonde and 5 staking threads he would be able to write up a good proposal.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

would be willing to bet that if Sam Trickett had 1250 posts on blonde and 5 staking threads he would be able to write up a good proposal.
must be doing something right. Off the top of my head I can think of 5 backers I the last two years.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »

Keith the thing you are missing is it's not even close to the first time he's made a terrible post in the staking forum. He never seems to learn.

Just don't see the point of 4 or 5 people making exactly the same post.

Seemed like people were ganging up on him.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »

it's not the first pants proposal from him though hence my delight.

Back to herbie being a pillock anyway.....

Can you imagine what a staking request from Sam Trickett, Laurence Houghton or Garry Bush (or Herbie for that matter) would look like?

rivermanl can sure play poker but man that kids thicker than a whale omlette

oi he's a good mate of mine!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

it's not the first pants proposal from him though hence my delight.

Back to herbie being a pillock anyway.....

Can you imagine what a staking request from Sam Trickett, Laurence Houghton or Garry Bush (or Herbie for that matter) would look like?

rivermanl can sure play poker but man that kids thicker than a whale omlette

oi he's a good mate of mine!
ha ha.  Yes he has a lot of mates and is defo a fun time guy, I don't mean any harm by it. I imagine you have a lot of special friends. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »

My attitude is only towards smashedagain as he is bein very rude IMO.....have no other problems with most of the other comments ppl have posted......yes my deal is good I get 25 per cent with no mark up but if u read that's in comps upto 500 like I said in op so I wanted to sell and buy 40 per cent myself like I said also.....

sell your backer £500 of this on your deal (like normal). that equates to 65% of the comp and gives you a 16.25% freeroll. then just pay for the rest yourself giving you 51.25% total for £270. 25/75 no make up is a great deal and you will not sell here or anywhere at a better rate than that.

This. This. This.

You are putting up around 30% of the money, and recieving over half the action, with no make-up, that's selling yourself at 1.4 effectively which you would never have got even if you'd have done the auction properly.

TBH, and I don't want to sound harsh but the fact that you didn't snap realise this makes me very skeptical...

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2013, 02:16:58 PM »

My attitude is only towards smashedagain as he is bein very rude IMO.....have no other problems with most of the other comments ppl have posted......yes my deal is good I get 25 per cent with no mark up but if u read that's in comps upto 500 like I said in op so I wanted to sell and buy 40 per cent myself like I said also.....

sell your backer £500 of this on your deal (like normal). that equates to 65% of the comp and gives you a 16.25% freeroll. then just pay for the rest yourself giving you 51.25% total for £270. 25/75 no make up is a great deal and you will not sell here or anywhere at a better rate than that.

This. This. This.

You are putting up around 30% of the money, and recieving over half the action, with no make-up, that's selling yourself at 1.4 effectively which you would never have got even if you'd have done the auction properly.

TBH, and I don't want to sound harsh but the fact that you didn't snap realise this makes me very skeptical...

exactly lol
$muszlesz$

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:56 PM »

This. This. This.

Just didn't think of offering my backer this tbh but will be doin it now but saving Keith 5 per cent at face and if my backer doesn't want to go for it I might try sell with a proper proposal instead of a rushed one.....ppl will prob still troll in that anyway so not sure yet

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:44:35 PM by $muszlesz$ » Logged

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »

This. This. This.

Just didn't think of offering my backer this tbh but will be doin it now but saving Keith 5 per cent at face and if my backer doesn't want to go for it I might try sell with a proper proposal instead of a rushed one.....ppl will prob still troll in that anyway so not sure yet

i won't. I do feel guilty

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2013, 02:25:23 AM »

Just don't see the point of 4 or 5 people making exactly the same post.

Seemed like people were ganging up on him.

ganging up and (to a certain extent) "bullying" will always be a part of internet forums imo, however unfair it may be. People get the chance to be macho and feel part of something from behind a laptop.

On the actual subject at hand, the opening proposal was obviously terrible, to the point i actually thought it was a level / joke thread. It seemed like an after thought, and couldnt of taken more than 10 minutes to do. That being said, people dont have to buy (and probably shouldnt buy) if the proposal is that awful.
Also a mod should maybe lock / delete a staking thread if it doesnt meet the correct criteria... maybe with the culprit receiving a 3 strike policy, whereby there banned from putting up staking threads should the proposal not be up to scratch (obviously im not saying this is going to be possible, but its an idea).

Alot of the good threads blonde as produced recently have come from issues arriving from staking  / staking threads / mark up etc etc.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

Hi,

My name is Jason Clarke and this is my Hendon Mob: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=77581

I want to play in the upcoming London UKIPT and I am looking to sell around half my action. I don't have any particularly huge scores to my win and I typically stick to playing local competitions around the £50-£100 region; though I generally prefer to play Dealer's Choice cash games.

I'm from Milton Keynes, though I play anywhere from Northampton, Luton to card rooms in London. I generally attend most GUKPT/Genting side events as well as playing in the DTD £300/£500 events.

Unfortunately, I am not very well practiced in writing out staking proposals but I am the kind of individual that would simply ignore a proposal that didn't appeal to me, rather than destroy it for my own self amusement; it was probably wrong of me to want the same.

But, as I was saying, I feel that I have a decent game and I've had some high places/cashes recently in large live MTT's and I am hoping that this will be the time that I finally get the necessary bit of luck to carry me all the way.

Thanks for your time.

PS. I'm not a grimmer.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »

It can't be bullying when people want investment, this isn't PHA.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: