blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 09:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 88672 times)
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:56 AM »

"most people aren't playing it cause it's top heavy and bowl "

This is ridiculous

20% for first is not top heavy

£50,000 GTD is not bowl

Think these comments have been more in relation to the fact its 10k up top for £50

ok

Its 20% of the GTE Prize pool

What would you like? 15% 10%?

For the recreational player with one or two stabs at an entry, gotta give him/her something to shoot at

You misunderstand what I mean Tighty.

I mean theyre saying the buyin is a bowl (lets be honest, £50 is a bowl nowadays). Nobody is complaining about the fact its 10k up top (or at least I wasnt), 200x entry fee is not seen anywhere live really
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2013, 07:51:08 AM »

Just got back. 25th hour no sleep. Ended up eating in 235 then getting taxi to G, thanks Paul ho / Callum for recommendation, place was rammed with a £50 tournament and loads of 1/1 and a slightly deep 1/2.

TR later, tired as balls, Fred obv isn't cause he didnt get up till the evening so he's playing online, full time degen.

Also worst taxi driver ever, got motion sick for the first time in 10 years so I'm lying in bed with my stomach churning wanting to throw up. Sigh.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 15, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »

Just got back. 25th hour no sleep. Ended up eating in 235 then getting taxi to G, thanks Paul ho / Callum for recommendation, place was rammed with a £50 tournament and loads of 1/1 and a slightly deep 1/2.

TR later, tired as balls, Fred obv isn't cause he didnt get up till the evening so he's playing online, full time degen.

Also worst taxi driver ever, got motion sick for the first time in 10 years so I'm lying in bed with my stomach churning wanting to throw up. Sigh.

How much did u and pigeon win ?
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 15, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

How much did u and pigeon win ?

Did ok Smiley full TR later just got up, checking out then a 2 hour drive home ;(
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 15, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »

Had a real good time in manchester, we arrive pretty late to 235 and discover a couple of 1/1's and omaha, obviously this is too bowl for fred the baller so we move over to G.

Day 1

Get there and they have a £50 tournament running with like 150 players and £3.5k up top, not shabby, the poker room reminded me a lot of a vegas room, approx 50 tables, lots of them cash games (10+).

We get a seat on a 1/1 and get on the list for a deece looking 1/2, Fred whacks me pretty early in an annoying one and felt like it was gonna set the tone for the trip, he gets a seat shortly after so I'm left all alone with the people of manchester, made a few friends and got a 1/2 seat.

Starts to break immediately as I sit down! wtf do I smell? Noticed a couple of dtd people who come down for deepstacks so they must be regs around here. Decided to break my FredW curse and whack him with 35 where I donk 284 and c-jam a 4 turn, river was very helpful :p

Unfortunately I get whacked in a few spots including by well loved gala/alea reg Mr Hui with AA<JJ AIP, so funny to watch him river a set and be like YESSSSS, never lost with so much happiness than to double that guy up, so much fun. Cheesy

Also did my brains on the masseuse who was there, £70 down the drain, so good. Elbows on the shoulders for over an hour makes you feel better about being down £600 in a 1/2.

Game gets very deep after this, Fred has 2.5k, couple others have a bag so I top up to 1.5k, pretty sick how I'm starting to feel comfortable sitting with this much now, wonder what's gonna happen to my nerves when I get this in pre one time..

We're 4 handed at this point and it's playing very big apart from one guy who we were all gunning for, and warring with each other in the process. I open BTN with   £15 over mandatory £4 straddle and Fred 3b's the SB £50. We peel and see   , Fred bets £45 and I want the lead so I make it £105, I'm covered with about 1.6, turn is  , feel like I'd raise Fred with any flush draw on the flop anyway and go ahead and bluff turn £210, Fred re-checks cards and calls.   river and I'm not really sure what to do now. There's £700 in the pot. I don't really take long before betting £350, not really sure about this sizing as I wouldn't make it with a bluff so it just looks like I'm going thin vs Fred's range. Anyway he calls and claims   .

Day 2

Head to 235 after doing my brains in Hollister with Fred, there's a pretty deep 1/1 and a 1/2 going, Fred gets first seat as usual cause I'm such a nice friend Smiley

Lost min with AK<44 on AK4T9 after he c-calls/chks/leads and moved over to 1/2, was a lot of the people from the G the day before but it broke pretty quick, very annoying as people seem to leave whenever I get a seat! Y U DO DIS.

I go back on the 1/1, they have great rules here where you can match the largest stack or if you've moved from a broken table you can sit with DOUBLE the largest stack, suffice to say when Fred got a seat with 600 the game got deep real quick and it was soon a 1/2.

Was a good table, friendly and people looking to gamble, obv I luckboxed a double with   vs   Two Clubs on  three diamonds .  

Me and Fred still warring, he's getting it 4b pots with me and asking me to top up as I only have a "bowl 800 stack", all banter though and in good fun.

Two girls who are pissed out their face want to play, obv Fred decides this is hilarious as she's sitting right next to me and tries to line her up to be girl #3/#4, not my type though sorry bud, he's a horrible human being, text message evidence will emerge if our friendship turns sour Wink

Lost a couple of 3b pots being massively aggro in a couple spots, unfortunately couldn't flop much or when I flopped a draw couldn't seem to get there which obv isn't standard flanagan tekkers as if we flop a flush draw we DO make flushes.

Ended the night with £100 flips, no masseuse in 235 though, sigh. Probably a good thing as I'd end up doing the roll to them if they were available all the time. Didn't win the flip either but still ended with 2 sessions and 2 wins so very happy with how it went, probably spent £250 in expenses so I don't know if it's worth coming down a lot or not, it's about a 2 hour drive from Leicester but fuck all going on in Notts Mon-wed these days and while I like the comfort of my home and playing online, Live is just so much more fun.

While we were cashing out girl from earlier came over and said her friend had invited me for drinks, Fred standing there laughing immensely, very embarrassing, I politely declined partly because it was 6am (!) and still had a drive to do.

All in all though, a great trip and hope you enjoyed the write up. Nando's tonight with Beltonio and back to Dusk. See you there.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:55:32 PM by tight4better » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 15, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »

Cliffs-

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 15, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »

!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »

Ha, that's actually probably your problem irl!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 15, 2013, 07:48:02 PM »

How the fuck u refused an invitation from two drunken bird for a drink ? U seriously like boys ?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »

How the fuck u refused an invitation from two drunken bird for a drink ? U seriously like boys ?

ISIT

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »

Got a feeling she wasn't a bonnie lass.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

Troubles with emotions surfaces again!!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »

Got a feeling she wasn't a bonnie lass.

yeh but we don't know that innit.
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »

She was game tbf, as was her mate.

One of my favourite moments when these two lovely ladies were at the table was when i'd put her all in and once she understood what was actually going on and deciding whether to call, her mate leans over, picks the cards off the table and shouts 'you aint f*cking calling that'.

Stay classy Manchester.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2013, 12:52:21 AM »

She was game tbf, as was her mate.

One of my favourite moments when these two lovely ladies were at the table was when i'd put her all in and once she understood what was actually going on and deciding whether to call, her mate leans over, picks the cards off the table and shouts 'you aint f*cking calling that'.

Stay classy Manchester.

I wish she would have said , I call ur alin and raised u a pair of my fake titties !!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: