blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 11:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272989 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  [Insert funny and witty diary title here]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Insert funny and witty diary title here]  (Read 65059 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »

violently nitty would be the word. liquidity is getting very low, but the nl30-50 games do run and are definitely crushable.
Katais

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »

3-   Value betting TPTK v good reg who will always 3bet JJ+ except for this time when they turn over QQ on Jxxxx

GL w/ the diary Rocketmannnnnn !!!
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »

Bit of a football post here, well, a football rant is more accurate. Anyone who read the opening post will know I am unfortunately a Blackburn Rovers fan and I’m sure a lot of you have heard what has happened again this week at Ewood Park. I’m not going to discuss the sacking as I happen to think Appleton was poor in some aspects and in isolation this sacking probably wouldn’t be that bad. Obviously the length of time given to him to change things around is not long enough for anyone, if you are going to appoint someone you have to give them the time but for me he wasn't the right appointment in the first place. The problem is that this decision is not in isolation and is obviously going to be lumped together with every other decision that Venkys have made.

My main issue with all the mess at Ewood is how on earth can the FA stand by and allow owners who obviously have no knowledge about football to come into a Premier League club and completely dismantle it?

Whatever people feel about Blackburn one thing is clear and that is that these rules and regulations regarding fit and proper ownership in football needs looking at urgently. Most football people know that Venkys have completely ruined our club and they are seen as one of the worst owners in English football so why can’t the FA step in and help the people of Blackburn?

I know a lot of people have no sympathy with Rovers for various reasons but one thing is clear, the football world need to take notice when owners like these arrive, and put pressure on the FA to put in measures to not let it happen in the first place or stop it if it does happen.

I heard something recently that under the new financial regulations being brought to football in the coming years, Jack Walker would never have been able to do what he did for Blackburn years ago when buying his home town club but Venkys would be allowed free reign to continue their destruction. As much as I agree about something needing to be done about money in football, that thought fills me with disbelief every time I hear it.

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »

Loving the balance in your Diary, keep it coming please.

Photos would be terrific, too, if you have time & inclination. Photos enhance any Diary or thread.

Great stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 12:55:27 AM »

Welcome AJ,

Good to see you starting a diary, will definitely follow this with interest.

Paul
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »

Welcome AJ,

Paul

Paul!

Welcome aboard.

See you tomorrow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

Cheers Tikay,

I used to browse here a long time ago, but never got round to making an account/posting but a mate told me AJ had started a diary so thought I'd pop along.

See you at London, should be a great weekend.

Paul

Welcome AJ,

Paul

Paul!

Welcome aboard.

See you tomorrow.
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »

Welcome AJ,

Paul

3-   Value betting TPTK v good reg who will always 3bet JJ+ except for this time when they turn over QQ on Jxxxx

GL w/ the diary Rocketmannnnnn !!!

Tyty!!

Good luck with the weekend Lambert if your playing

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »

Finally had my first decent session since starting the diary!!

Played about 4 hours 20nl last night and ended around 5 buy ins up, which practically puts me back up to 30nl just in time for the weekend. I would spend a bit more time at 20nl but Friday night has always been my most profitable night so im just going to move back up unless i have a bad start.

20nl on Sky is a lot different than 30nl. The main difference is that all the multi tabling tight regs stay at this level, so although there are a lot of tables running, some of them just become so mind numbing and an exercise in swapping blinds. That said there are still a lot of inexperienced players who splash their money around so table selection is far more important.

I think table selection is a big leak in a lot of regs games, most will just sit at any table even if it is 5 other really tight players and not bother that they are damaging their win rate. I’m not saying the tight regs aren’t beatable, they are, but just spending a bit of time looking around for tables with inexperienced players will increase the win rate dramatically.

Does anyone have any tips when it comes to table selection or any tips on what seats are best when starting new tables to maximise the chance of the weaker players sitting on your right? I once read a higher stakes reg saying  that they sat in specific seats when starting for some tactical reason but they never divulged.

I haven’t looked through my HH’s today so I’m not putting any up at the moment but I'm going to be going over the last few days over the weekend so i will put 4 or 5 up when i do, will probably be tomorrow.

Gl to everyone at the tables if playing tonight

- John Lennon
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »

Finally had my first decent session since starting the diary!!

Played about 4 hours 20nl last night and ended around 5 buy ins up, which practically puts me back up to 30nl just in time for the weekend. I would spend a bit more time at 20nl but Friday night has always been my most profitable night so im just going to move back up unless i have a bad start.

20nl on Sky is a lot different than 30nl. The main difference is that all the multi tabling tight regs stay at this level, so although there are a lot of tables running, some of them just become so mind numbing and an exercise in swapping blinds. That said there are still a lot of inexperienced players who splash their money around so table selection is far more important.

I think table selection is a big leak in a lot of regs games, most will just sit at any table even if it is 5 other really tight players and not bother that they are damaging their win rate. I’m not saying the tight regs aren’t beatable, they are, but just spending a bit of time looking around for tables with inexperienced players will increase the win rate dramatically.

Does anyone have any tips when it comes to table selection or any tips on what seats are best when starting new tables to maximise the chance of the weaker players sitting on your right? I once read a higher stakes reg saying  that they sat in specific seats when starting for some tactical reason but they never divulged.

I haven’t looked through my HH’s today so I’m not putting any up at the moment but I'm going to be going over the last few days over the weekend so i will put 4 or 5 up when i do, will probably be tomorrow.

Gl to everyone at the tables if playing tonight

sit in the top middle of new tables on sky ssshhh don't tell anyone... ;-)

you'll also find that nl50+ just has the same set of moron regs folding and passing the money around just like at nl20, there's just even more bumhunting.

tbh you shouldn't have to game or seat select to be able to beat the games, yes doing that may increase your wr but you should be able to be positive anyway in these games.
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »

Yeah totally agree titanium about it being beatable on those tables just so much more value to be had quicker by looking around.

Only a quick update today.

Played a 7 hour session last night that finished around 4 in morning so I’m pretty goosed today. Didn’t go great, but wasn't too bad either. I stayed around breakeven all night, except for 2 hands that I’m genuinely quite embarrassed about so those HH’s will never make an appearance, hopefully. Just lost all discipline in the 2 hands and spewed off 150bb stacks in both.

I’ve stuck a 5 quid accumulator on today even though there aren’t many league games being played.

Bournemouth
Doncaster
Cheltenham
Gillingham
Northampton

Just over £300 from a tenner if it comes in. Yes please

- John Lennon
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »

Right have first hand for the diary. If people feel that the hand analysis section is a more suitable location for my hands just say and i will place the next hands over there.

Villain is a mass tabling 20nl reg who isnt the best player, they take really weird lines and make a lot of mistakes often. He is a winning player at this level though so he does know what he is doing.

I have a lot of notes on him:

- The player can tilt really badly for about 15-20 mins after a big hand. There is no evidence he is tilting here. It is usually very easy to spot so i am assuming he is not.
- he limp calls a lot, especially in Early position but i have seen them do it on the button. i know this has nothing to do with the below hand but want to put across the type of player. i also know they have limp raised 1010 in the past
- They used to min re-raise value and larger when bluffing (this is likely to be an outdated note)
- They have 3bet me earlier with J7o and value bet 2 streets with 2nd pair. this was blind v blind though. They can 3bet very weird hands usually around the blinds
- Most mistakes they make are not folding when obv they are beat if they have top pair and they miss so many obvious value bets on turn and river

To the hand. This is on 20nl.

we are on the button with  . UTG limps we raise to 80p and villain 3bets to £3.20 in the BB. everyone else folds. I call. we playing villains 100bb effective stack

QQ doesn't do great v their range that continues when i 4bet.  i want to keep his bluffs in. he has only 3bet once in this session bvb. 

flop comes  two hearts.      pot is £6.70

villain snap checks with a stack of £16.80, i bet £3.50, he takes a small amount of time and raises to £8.00

What do we do here??

- John Lennon
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2013, 08:13:47 PM »

just because he can beat the population at nl20 doesn't mean he's 'any good'.

very often against players I don't want to 4b QQ with here, I check the flop alot bcos if we bet and get raised we're not winning unless they regularly do this with AK.
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »

very often against players I don't want to 4b QQ with here, I check the flop alot bcos if we bet and get raised we're not winning unless they regularly do this with AK.

Yeh i may have not been clear. I don't rate him as a good player. What i meant by adding that they are a winning player was that they must not be completely awful but yeah he is poor in many sections of his game.

Yeah i like the idea of checking back flop. Is the plan when we check the flop to call the turn and river because our check can induce bluffs unless bad cards fall or their bet sizing tells us we are beat?   

so as played we always beat unless we have notes that say otherwise?

- John Lennon
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »

Yeh i may have not been clear. I don't rate him as a good player. What i meant by adding that they are a winning player was that they must not be completely awful but yeah he is poor in many sections of his game.

Yeah i like the idea of checking back flop. Is the plan when we check the flop to call the turn and river because our check can induce bluffs unless bad cards fall or their bet sizing tells us we are beat?  

so as played we always beat unless we have notes that say otherwise?

the only reason I mention quality is everyone over there says, so i'm playing nl4 and im up against phil ivey. and it's very tilting because it's clear the standard is very poor.

flop check is very deceptive relative to our hand strength, plus i'd been peeling the 3bet with a whole bunch of other stuff so would want to create some b/f some check back ranges.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:04:55 PM by titaniumbean » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: