blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Being a Lolpro for dummies.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being a Lolpro for dummies.  (Read 48858 times)
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2013, 02:22:24 AM »

25th June
Discovered that my Dad owns a DVD box set of the first 4 series of "The Big Bang Theory". Gg afternoon grind.

I haven't played cash for a little while - Tonight was the first time in about a week playing 20NL properly. I can't remember ever playing so well and so badly within the same session. It was really bizarre - One minute I'd play like Phil Ivey, then a couple of minutes later I would make calls which would probably be bad enough to get me banned for chip dumping*. There was one particular hand where I got check/raised on a King high flop, I had K9, and I narrowed my opponent down to KQ, possibly KJ, or a very unlikely AK because there was no 3bet pre-flop, along with his turn line and river sizing. Because I was outkicked by all of these, it's obviously a call with K9 on the river, right? I wasn't sure whether to be happy with my hand reading ability when he showed KQ, or annoyed at literally giving away £3 for no apparent reason when I knew I was never good :')

Stations gonna station.

Got a feeling I leaked a lot in smaller pots, which is something to look back at when I can be bothered to read hand histories tomorrow morning.

Main and mini on Sky went not so well tonight. The mini lasted one hand, as somebody decided to open shove 100bb first hand and I had AKs. Congratulations, you played your Aces brilliantly, sir. The main was going nicely until I decided to shove and lose 3 times in half a dozen hands (It was a turbo, effective stacks were tiny so it was push/fold) to finish around 65th with 55 paid.

* Before anyone misinterprets what I wrote, I wasn't actually chip dumping.

Results 25th June
Online today: +£18.36
This month online: -£193.89, +$25.55, +€239.87
This month live: -£385.00
This month total: -£578.89, +$25.55, +€239.87
Sky Poker Points: 2,768 (= £27.68 rakeback)

Hand Counter
20NL hands played: 6,999 (+£303.77)
30NL hands played: 4,790 (-£281.64)
Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2013, 01:56:09 AM »

Andy.

Pot Limit is quite a game, but we are not obliged to bet "POT", & really, WE should know what the pot is, it is just as much our responsibility to know it as the Dealers.

A good Pot Limit player will KNOW what the pot is, always. This is not NL, nor is it Online. Different skills requiired, & whilst a good Dealer SHOULD know, so should a good player.

As to the quality of the Venue, believe me, you have been spoilt by DTD, which is different gravy completely. Welcome to Live Poker!

PS - Was great to see you there, & I hope the chat with you know who (no names please) went well. 

With all due respect Tikay, think you should take off them SPT tinted glasses and not try to defend the undefendable (it comes across as you defending the dealer because it was during an SPT weekend). 

As players, it is not our responsibility to KNOW what a "pot" bet should equate to. A good player SHOULD/would know but ANY dealer dealing a Pot Limit game MUST know exactly what the "pot" bet at any given time is. So it is not our responsibility as much as the dealers at all, the responsibility starts and finishes with the dealer. If a dealer can't fulfil that responsibility he should not be dealing on that particular table ainec.

Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »

27th June

Running kinda okay. Playing crap. Also need to stop playing Bounty Hunters on Sky just because they should be +EV, as I don't enjoy them and always play terrible in them as a result.

Results 27th June
Online since last update: -£80.70, +$11.00, -€67.63
This month online: -£274.59, +$36.55, +€172.24
This month live: -£385.00
This month total: -£659.59, +$36.55, +€172.24
Sky Poker Points: 2,880 (= £28.80 rakeback)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:53:41 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »

Andy.

Pot Limit is quite a game, but we are not obliged to bet "POT", & really, WE should know what the pot is, it is just as much our responsibility to know it as the Dealers.

A good Pot Limit player will KNOW what the pot is, always. This is not NL, nor is it Online. Different skills requiired, & whilst a good Dealer SHOULD know, so should a good player.

As to the quality of the Venue, believe me, you have been spoilt by DTD, which is different gravy completely. Welcome to Live Poker!

PS - Was great to see you there, & I hope the chat with you know who (no names please) went well.  

With all due respect Tikay, think you should take off them SPT tinted glasses and not try to defend the undefendable (it comes across as you defending the dealer because it was during an SPT weekend).  

As players, it is not our responsibility to KNOW what a "pot" bet should equate to. A good player SHOULD/would know but ANY dealer dealing a Pot Limit game MUST know exactly what the "pot" bet at any given time is. So it is not our responsibility as much as the dealers at all, the responsibility starts and finishes with the dealer. If a dealer can't fulfil that responsibility he should not be dealing on that particular table ainec.

+1 to the bit in bold IMO. If a dealer doesn't know that a pot raise unopened in a £1/£1 cash game with no straddle is £4, then they shouldn't be dealing pot limit.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:37:46 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2013, 10:52:58 PM »

2nd July

Over the last few days, there hasn't really been much of interest to write about. I decided that, rather than bore people to death with how bad my Zoom EV graphs from the last few days of last month look on PokerTracker, I was better off not posting that.

On the last Sunday of every month on Sky Poker, there's a £110 "Super Roller", with a guarantee of around £25-30k. Although I shouldn't really play £110 MTTs with my roll, it's only once a month, and it's too good value to resist, so I played the most recent one on Sunday. There's a massive amount of satellite qualifiers who get in to the tournament through £3 All In satellites which run in the hours leading up to the tournament. People who can't afford £110 will flick in the £3 and have a punt to try and get into a big tournament, and there's usually one or two fairytale deep runs from someone who has cashed from a £3 All In satellite, which makes people think "Maybe I'll be that lucky person next month", but at the same time, these people are usually value, and scared money towards the bubble. It's always fun when you know these people who got in for £3 would be delighted with a min cash, and you've got them on your left.

Despite not playing my A-Game, I still managed to finish 18th for around £240, give or take a couple of quid. In hindsight, with the table draws and spots I had, plus a bubble dynamic which I failed to exploit, I should be disappointed with 18th as it would've been far better if I played anything close to my A-Game, but given how June went for me, I can't complain too much about taking a shot in something and cashing.

-------

July started with the 4th cash 'rake race' on Sky in 5 weeks. Although I'm playing as much as I can atm, as I haven't really grinded much recently, this is just overkill from Sky. I believe that if you look after the depositors, the grinders will come because they will see the standard on the site being lower than where they currently play, and think "Ooh, value".

I'll probably make some money from this promotion, but I really wish it wasn't happening tbh. There's still more than enough weaker regs around at 20NL to make the games easily beatable, despite every table having at least 4 regs on it.

Results 2nd July
Online since last update: +£240.10
This month online: +£240.10
This month total: +£240.10
Sky Poker Points: 804 = £8.04 (No target set this month)

=======

Also, some sad news from the world of Cricket. My favourite batsman retired yesterday Sad

Although it's been obvious for the last few months that he'd probably played his last test match for New Zealand, watching a New Zealand game won't be the same knowing that I'll never get to see his comically bad batting ever again.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:01:55 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2013, 02:33:46 PM »

What's going on bro?

Not heard much from you for ages, and I saw you didn't even manage a top 20 in the cash promo, you been taking a break?
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »

What's going on bro?

Not heard much from you for ages, and I saw you didn't even manage a top 20 in the cash promo, you been taking a break?

+1

Whats happening Pingu?

You play a lot of Zoom btw? Is it easier or harder than your average game? Im assuming its the same as rush on FTP.

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »

What's going on bro?

Yo,

Haven't been intentionally taking a break - I just didn't play at all after Tuesday. The plan was to grind all week, but I ended up getting guilt tripped into going to Nan's on Wednesday, and couldn't play at all on Thursday because I got a letter through the door saying that there were roadworks outside and they might turn the electricity off at any time. By then, I was quite far down the leaderboard, and I was never going to catch the people I wanted to catch, so couldn't be bothered. Ended up grinding 'Stars and Blackjack instead Wink

Hopefully the tables will be back to normal tonight now that the stupid promo has finished and people aren't 214082035230 tabling any more to play as many hands as possible to win £300. Sky are absolutely killing the games with these promos. If people don't deposit, there are no games. Some (most) promos should make losing recreational players want to deposit and play on Sky.

How difficult is it to run a prize draw alongside the rake race and give the guy who deposits £20 a week and plays £1.10 tournaments a chance to win some free stuff for playing on the site? There's many micro stakes players who I can think of who are more loyal to Sky than I am, yet they aren't rewarded for that because the latest promotions only benefit the really high volume grinders. So frustrating watching them run rake race after rake race after rake race after rake race after rake race. Actually, cross that last one out, there's only been four in the last five weeks, although I could be forgiven for losing count...

PLEASE give something to the recreational players. The vast majority of people who benefit from rake races should be beating the games anyway, without Sky's help. The people who want rake races don't see (Or I feel in some cases, choose not to see) the effect it's having on the games at all levels - They only care that they're getting an extra £x for playing Poker which is what they'd be doing anyway if there was no promo. Therefore, their feedback on the promo is only in their best interests, and not in the best interests of the site.

Anyway, rant over, that's why I've not been on Sky much the last few days. Haven't really posted on here because nobody's been replying, so thought I'd stop posting "I won 1 buy-in today" and post less, but hopefully post some more interesting stuff.

FWIW, I will probably play some cash later.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »

"Haven't really posted on here because nobody's been replying, so thought I'd stop posting "

I have a number of replies to make, in a constructive spirit, but I've been a little waylaid with other matters. I will do them though, as soon as time permits.

Keep posting, it's all interesting.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2013, 06:36:19 PM »

What's going on bro?

+1

Whats happening Pingu?

You play a lot of Zoom btw? Is it easier or harder than your average game? Im assuming its the same as rush on FTP.

Only been splashing about at 4am due to my sleep pattern being screwed and nobody being on Sky at that time. I don't really play much Zoom at all tbh. Would say it's slightly tougher, single tabling fish don't get bored so quickly because they're just insta mucking everything, but bad players are still going to be bad, whether they're playing Zoom or not. You just have to remember they'll have a hand more often.

Ofc, even the fast fold button doesn't stop the worst players playing any two cards.
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:32 AM »

Outside my house right now:

Click to see full-size image.

It's just gone past midnight. I'm not impressed.

The first time they came was a couple of weeks ago, at about 9am on a Sunday Morning, with a pneumatic drill. To say I didn't appreciate being woken up by it would be an understatement. Anyway, they screwed something up and had to come back today, and this time, some plonker managed to stick a pneumatic drill through the water main. So they're now outside my bedroom doing roadworks, and I have no water supply. Yay.

Not much has happened on the Poker front recently - I managed a decent cash on a FrogStars MTT recently, coming 2nd (Although I did a deal while chip leader, got more money than the other guy, and I didn't care about playing properly HU afterwards, so I'm counting it as a win), and have made a decent profit across other sites, pays the bills this month plus a few hundred quid more towards my bankroll, so I'm happy.

Have also been playing MicroMillions on 'Stars, and although I'm about break even, there's only been one deep run in a $1 rebuy for just under $70. I've probably been slightly lucky that most of the cashes have been in the 'bigger' events and I've been screwing up the $2 ones, so hopefully there's one or two more deep runs in bigger buy-ins to come before the end of the series.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2013, 01:29:27 AM »

Keep going with the diary, I like your style and work-ethic I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, I actually have a lot of faith based on the small amount of information I have Smiley

Keep it up.

Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »

Oiii oiii wakey wakey!

You have at least one brag to put up here so get this thing updated ty 

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2013, 06:21:11 AM »

Keep going with the diary, I like your style and work-ethic I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, I actually have a lot of faith based on the small amount of information I have Smiley

Keep it up.

Big +1. Always like to read a diary about life as well as poker, keep it going Andy.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »

Keep it up.

Big +1. Always like to read a diary about life as well as poker, keep it going Andy.

Is that Mr Acegooner from next door?

Pretty sure it is - welcome!

I keep a little Diary here, you are always welcome to contribute, it is full of incredibly interesting stuff.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.34785

If "how long does it take to boil a kettle?" is more your thing, or "do I put the milk in first when pouring a cup of tea?", then you want The Kettle Diary, which is here.....(WARNING - EXTREMELY BORING)

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg1819143#new

Good to see you here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: