blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:30:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter, new WSOP package at 1.08, June 5th to June 11th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter, new WSOP package at 1.08, June 5th to June 11th  (Read 8190 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »

Hi guys, just a very quick update, as I've had a long sleep, and am going to hot foot it over soon for day two. I've made it through with 23,500 (from 15k start), which I guess is just about average with about 65% of the field remaining.

Things went pretty well yesterday, quite a tough table, despite it being loud all day, mainly because of Matesow and Layne Flack.

The $1,500 no limit holdem starts at 12pm, so we might have our first refund. If I bust the stud hi-lo before 440pm, I will enter late- it's a bit of a shame to enter late, but I'm sure it's still value at 1.08 in one of these $1,500s.

dammit, new staking package.  Good luck Stuart, keep up the good form

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 05:02:25 AM »

Out of the $5k stud hi-lo, pretty gutted.

Reached a peak of 52,000 (from 15k start), but busted on a unavoidable spiral of not winning a pot.

There was a frustrating moment, where I tried to rep the better low on 6th in a three way pot, where Matesow had a better low, showing (Xx)2238 against my (23)3864 board. I checked 6th, the obvious high bet, Matesow called, and I came in with a check-raise, only for the whole table to then realise that the dealer had got the order of action wrong, as there was an all-in player who should have acted first.

Cue pandemonium, Matesow inevitably getting really tilted at the floor, and claiming my raise should not stand, and the floor eventually ruling in my favour. However, I had a feeling that enough had happened to lose me the pot, as Matesow was now over the edge, and not going to pass on 7th, where a calm Matesow might well have done. I was going to give up on the bluff, but actually backed into trip threes, which now looked good for the high half. I bet, the high hand called, and Matesow snapped in the kind of frustrated call of a man who knew he was beat, but couldn't make himself pass.

The high hand had rivered a flush, Matesow was surprised that his 84 low was good, and it was pretty crushing to feel that the decision, albeit going in my favour, may have changed a lot. I am pretty good at taking any beats in live poker, but I found that spot really tough, where another event inadvertedly loses you the pot- or at least possibly so.

Anyway, things felt pretty good overall. Unfortunately, I missed today's $1500 NLHE, so will be refunding that.

Current value of package: $1500
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 05:31:45 AM »

Grrrrr, unlucky mate.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 01:50:55 AM »

Out of today's $1,500 HORSE in disappointingly quick fashion. I don't feel I did anything badly wrong, but almost literally didn't win a pot. Got bashed up in limit holdem, which is always frustrating, losing AA<KK and KK<AK for fairly big pots.

Next event is Sunday's $5,000 pot limit holdem. I always thought it was 5pm, and the official schedule says 5pm, but weirdly I have just realised my ticket says 12pm. I'll go along to find out obviously, but any ideas anyone?

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »

Through to day 2 of the $5k pot limit holdem with 17,900. Seat draw looks interesting:

Christophe Benzimra 16,100
361 3 Phil Galfond 39,500
361 4 Stephen Chidwick 32,200
361 5 Erick Lindgren 52,000
361 6 Chris Klodnicki 21,700
361 7 Stuart Rutter 17,900
361 8 Kristijonas Andrulis 72,300
361 9 Paul Volpe

A kind of nothing day yesterday, from which I'm happy to be through. I lost a big 42k race to Ludovic Lacay JJ <AK for the chips, went down to 3.5k, and then won two all-ins late 66> KQ and TT>AK to have a shot today.

$1500 O8 starts at 12pm, so I'll register late if I can, because I think it's tremendous value.
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »

Good luck today Stu!

Ship It!
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »

Good luck today Stu!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »

Glglgl!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »

Hope you don't mind me wishing you the best of luck.

Obv be great to see a Brit win a bracelet. Obv also be great to see you win.

I might also have selected you as one of my wildcards for the WSOP sweepstake.

No pressure or owt. Just, y'know, win Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »

Good luck Stu!

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:19 AM »

Ouch. Got up to 46k in the $5k pot limit, about 44 left, then this pot played out.

Elky raised the button to 2200 at 500/1000, I had 99 in the small, and decided to call, and the big blind squeezed to 7000. I repotted, effectively all-in for 46k, and he called it off pretty quick with 88. Eight on the turn.

That one hurt a bit, it would have been a great spot to hold.

It was level three of the Omaha eight-or-better, so I decided to jump in. Just busted at the end of level 7. I had my 4,500 starting stack, and raised aa23, and the flop came a bizarre A23 (limiting my full house outs!). Joseph Cheong led out three streets, I bricked on a2369, but had to call down flop and turn, didn't like the river, but had to call, and got shown kt45 for the two way nuts.

Gutting day today, felt I couldn't do much different, but would have been sweet to hold in the $5k pot limit.

The $3k six max is tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Current value: $1,500
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 02:12:34 AM »

Out of today's $3000 six max in level six, pretty gutted.

Had a surprisingly beautiful table for most of the day, but just didn't have a hand to speak of to try to make any chips. I tried to play fairly cute because of possible easier opportunities to get chips, and got into just two high variance spots all day, and both went against me. In the first, I raised the CO with AsJs to 225 at 50-100, a young guy who played literally 70% of pots called the small, and a guy who seemed like he should be good squeezed the big to 650.

It felt a good enough squeeze spot that I felt I had to 4-bet to 1400, despite wanting to keep the pot controlled in most spots. The big blind called, the flop came Kdqx5d, I bet 1800 into 3025, and the big blind called fairly quickly.

The board ran out KdQx5dQx8x, and he led 3400 into 6625 on the river, after we had both checked the turn. I ultimately thought for ever, had the clock called and eventually passed. I spent alot of the time trying to work out how good he was. If he was not very good, this should be a standard call, as he is going to peel the 4bet with enough drawy type hands, and is not going to make a check raise all-in on the flop with his draw equity,and so shows up with JT or diamonds enough that AJ-high has to call here. If he was good, it looks like the kind of spot where I am going to catch bluffs, and so he was far more likely to have it. I tried to trace back everything he had done in the previous hour, and felt he was more likely a high level player, and just about decided to fold.

The other high variance spot was my exit hand. I had 7,900, the table had now got very tough for the first time, and a young internet guy, who had been on my right and I had a pretty strong dynamic with, raised the button at 100-200 (25) to 425. I 3-bet KdQd to 1075 from the small blind, and he four bet to 2125.

It's a tough spot, as I don't feel he is going to be wild about 4bet bluffing in a spot where I should be 3b/5betting alot, and have literally the perfect stack size to shove here. At the same time, his button raising range was probably about 60% in this spot, and I felt he would not be too happy about letting me get away with the 3bet, that he had to have some kind of 4bet bluffing range here. With 3500 avaliable if I got it through and a hand that should have good equity against his getting-it-in range, I tank moved all in.

He called off with tens, and we completely bricked on a8586.

Really gutted to have bricked this pacakge (we have one $1500 refund for no limit holdem), the deck never really gave me a shot, sorry guys.

Let me know bank details, Net Teller or MB as soon as you like for the $1500 no-limit  refund of $1500

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:15:12 PM by easypickings » Logged
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »

Can I carry mine over to another event or is that it?
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »

Can I carry mine over to another event or is that it?

There are no events at the moment with action available, but there may well be some become avaiable.

Would you like me to refund it now, and can get in touch with you if there is any more action?
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »

Keep it for now mate. I'm flying out on Monday so if I bump into you can sort it then. No dramas.

If anything becomes available, let it roll Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: