blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272934 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 104741 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »

Ross McCormack turned down chance to move to Blackpool last week after £1m bid accepted. True or not?
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »

Some silly prices for winning this League (esp Busto Down the Bush @ 6/1);

I think Watford and Leicester could be about right, around tens, or elevens - but Middlesboro @ 25/1? Seems long!

This year could heavily depend on squad sizes - and a lot of teams are shedding players at an alarming rate.

We're quite comfortable in this department down the Vic - every Ryan Air flight into Luton Airport seems to be full of more imported Pozo Progeny.

The pedigree of some the players arriving at Watford is truly impressive (on paper) and the owners seem to pick them up for the price of a packet of winegums.

Looking at the horrendous sums that are being spent on very ordinary players by some of the Prem clubs. it makes you wonder     .....

It seems that having a Serie A, and a La Liga, outfit as twin feeder clubs could be the 'Championship Blueprint'

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »

Very much like the team this year Luther.  Still feel we need a defensive midfielder and one more centre back to be completely happy with the squad.  According to reports young Murray has lost his beer gut over the summer, so he could be the centre mid, but I hear they are training him as a wing back.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »

Upson set to sign for us.

Conceded 0.5 goals per game for the 20 or so games he played in the league Smiley

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 03:32:21 AM »

We've been very quiet so far and I'm sure us Wednesday fans are finding it difficult to realise which way the team is going at the moment.

We have signed a highly rated talent from Burton & Helan from Man City who was on loan, but other interests was with Kevin Davies, Gary Taylor Fletcher, SEB, Phil Bardsley & Kenwyne Jones. Really would like to see Bardsley and SEB here, but can't personally see it. If it wasn't for two very weak teams in Donny and Yeovil coming up, then I'd be worried about our chances. We have so much deadwood in the team though. Not sure how we can ever get towards the middle of the table with Prutton, coke, semedo, Llera & Madine in the squad, who most of them are likely to be starters.

Think Madaric wants out, this FFP should personally be a massive benefit to us, but instead..... I'm not sure we are going to use it to our advantage.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

Great news for us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23239056

Nice to see someone making a level headed decision.  It seems some younger English players like Ince and Butland are switching on to the fact that moving to a big club just condems them to the reserves...and that their development is best done elsewhere.

I really hope he steers clear of injury and his chance comes again.

I wouldn't be too happy just yet. Would say at Palace he could be guaranteed a first team spot and I think we would be prepared to shed the cash as well. Must admit I thought he was a goner to Cardiff though and this has shocked me.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »

Hmmm Adam chicksen signed to replace bridge.

Only seen him play once and was alrite.

Not sure about this one!

luther101

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2013, 02:14:19 PM »

Great news for us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23239056

Nice to see someone making a level headed decision.  It seems some younger English players like Ince and Butland are switching on to the fact that moving to a big club just condems them to the reserves...and that their development is best done elsewhere.

I really hope he steers clear of injury and his chance comes again.

There's a 'young prospect' at Watford, Sean Murray, who was offered the 'Prem Dream' by a couple of clubs (before Zola arrived) - and he turned them down too.

He asked his Dad for advice      ....      as his agent was itchiing for Sean to move.

John - a QPR fan - who I've known since a lad (a bit of a boozing legend around Waford in the local pubs since the 80s - much admired for his Marcel Marceauesque  interpretation of a log bobbing along in a river) in a chance fleeting moment of clarity said to his boy,"Why shit on the club that's bought you this far, to go and play in the reserves elsewhere? If you want the money, go - if you want the chance of first team football stay."

I think there is a growing trend not to 'move too soon' - also I've also heard from scouts & coaches that a lot of kids now avoid offers from top Prem Academies where they've got little or no, chance of progression.

Reality could be starting to sink in at the roots of the game, though I doubt it will ever permeate the clueless upper echelons at the FA, who are without doubt the most detrimental factor to the advancement of English football.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2013, 02:20:07 PM »

Bit of different case Luther.  Think Ince is ready to step up right now after being a first team regular for 2 full seasons.  This once seems strange to me.  Maybe he just doesn't see the point of going to Cardiff where he feels they may well come back down and is looking for a bigger team.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »

Bit of different case Luther.  Think Ince is ready to step up right now after being a first team regular for 2 full seasons.  This once seems strange to me.  Maybe he just doesn't see the point of going to Cardiff where he feels they may well come back down and is looking for a bigger team.

Very true, Dung - I was just commenting on 'emerging trends' really.

As for 'stepping up', I truly think that Ince will do himself a right favour by getting further experience under his belts before moving.

When you observe the basic mistakes made, and the woeful lack of stamina of some of the younger Prem League starlets' its enough to make you weep.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »

The risk he takes is Blackpool having a stinker of a season which might reduce his appeal if his form inevitably goes down with it.

If I were him I'd be angling for a move to a Fulham/Southampton type team so he gets lots of game time but doesn't have much risk of being back in the Championship this time next year.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »

Watford have signed Ireny Santos da Silva who is an experienced Brazilian hatchet man who can also pass the ball from Granada.  Think that is the final piece of the puzzle as he replaces Chalobah.  We might need one more centre back as Hoban and Nosworthy are on the long term injury list.

Squad looks superb now, assuming Fabbrini and Acuna can replace the goals of Vydra.

14-1 still available at Coral.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »

3-5-2

Almunia
Angella, Ekstrand, Cassetti
Faraoni, Abdi, Ireney, Fabbrini, Romero
Acuna, Deeney

Subs:  Bond, Hoban, Doyley, Anya, Pudil, Battochio, Hogg, Murray, McGugan, Forestieri

Nice Smiley

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/top-goalscorer

Any thoughts anyone?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2013, 02:36:29 AM »

Acuna.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: