blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Remembering The Good Old Days
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remembering The Good Old Days  (Read 7873 times)
Ibuycars
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:03 AM »

Another name from the past
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:05 PM »

Your dad had a few as well Marky

Yeah, he had his fair share and it was a great weekend.

The 2nd one was absolute carnage, I just went right through from Saturday lunchtime until we left on Sunday Cheesy

I can remember a £30 1000 chip re-buy tournament I held here in Norwich 2003/4, with over 100 runners, players came from all over the UK to play, there were numerous 10 All-Ins on a 10 handed table, there was £11k of re-buys in 2 hours, were have those days gone?

Haha, I remember knocking a few rebuys in at that one!

Great weekend  Smiley

Remember the 2nd one that dad ran, people flying from Sweden and Tenerife for a £30 rb Cheesy

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 10:04:35 PM »

I remember in Nottingham when rules were rules unless you were named Ash Abdullah

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »

I remember in Nottingham when rules were rules unless you were named Ash Abdullah

I think that's a bit unfair Cos, there obviously were rules in Nottingham. Ash wrote them.
philthepower

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »

I think that's a bit unfair Cos, there obviously were rules in Nottingham. Ash wrote them.

...And he always implemented them in a fair, judicious and even handed manner, according to the outcome that would benefit him the most.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 01:14:34 PM »

I can remember a £30 1000 chip re-buy tournament I held here in Norwich 2003/4, with over 100 runners, players came from all over the UK to play, there were numerous 10 All-Ins on a 10 handed table, there was £11k of re-buys in 2 hours, were have those days gone?

What comps they were.  So much fun.  I guess they were ultimately responsible for me wasting about 8 years of my life, loving the game.

What happened to people like John Huckle, Salmonesta (sp?), decision, Mr carpet etc etc

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 08:39:56 PM »

...And he always implemented them in a fair, judicious and even handed manner, according to the outcome that would benefit him the most.

Saw him last weekend in Dtd. The man never ages!

Miss those nights in Gala when even i could win
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:47 PM »

What comps they were.  So much fun.  I guess they were ultimately responsible for me wasting about 8 years of my life, loving the game.

What happened to people like John Huckle, Salmonesta (sp?), decision, Mr carpet etc etc

Salmonoysta is still in Manchester working in the ticket game, and spoke to him a few months ago as it goes.

I used to speak with Decision quite regularly when the old Lads was still running, but lost touch a few years back. Remember meeting him on the 2006 Laddies cruise and as expected he was a gentleman.

MrCarpet is a blast from the past too, but no idea about him either unfortunately.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »

"Change the cards" would be called out every time certain people suffered a beat.

There was one Italian guy in Derby called Camilo ( I dubbed him Camilo Parker-Bowles) who was a lovely guy with quite a strong accent, and he would shout out something which sounded very much like "ginger fucking cards" whenever he wanted a new deck.

After that we just used to shout "ginger" to the TD who was actually TJ.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »

Saw him last weekend in Dtd. The man never ages!

Miss those nights in Gala when even i could win

+1  Cry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: