blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Lightning never strikes twice.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lightning never strikes twice.  (Read 5323 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »

GLGL Doobs.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »

I gave got all the money.

Thin

Allez!!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »

Got 2 aggro players at the table and keep getting hands and missing.  Got about 18.5 vs 20 starting.  Could easily have 40k or 0k at the next break.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

A7s < KK SB vs BB on 7 high flop Sad  Maybe could have got away.  6k or so. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 10:10:17 PM »

Thread title is correct.

99<JJ<AK all in pre just before break.

It might have been 88, though doesn't matter.  It went min raise, AK call, shortie shoves in BB, I shove over the top, AK calls.  Meh

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 10:20:09 PM »

Tant pis. Pretty sure we remain comfortably ahead Smiley

Allez!!
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 12:01:51 AM »

Will also not strike twice for me too.  We suck.  Knew changing my username was a bad idea
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 12:20:37 AM »

Will also not strike twice for me too.  We suck.  Knew changing my username was a bad idea

You can change your user name?

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 01:24:33 AM »

yeah they started allowing it in the new year.  go to my account.  one change every 6 months.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »

Here's the blurb on changing screen-names on winamax. Think this article was published during the Xmas holidays.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room-news/winamax-players-can-now-change-screen-names-every-six-months-02-01/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »

Thread title is correct.

99<JJ<AK all in pre just before break.

It might have been 88, though doesn't matter.  It went min raise, AK call, shortie shoves in BB, I shove over the top, AK calls.  Meh

Oh dear.

Such is life, but no regrets or complaints here.

Thanks for the opportunity. My plans for early retirement are now cancelled.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »

Here's the blurb on changing screen-names on winamax. Think this article was published during the Xmas holidays.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room-news/winamax-players-can-now-change-screen-names-every-six-months-02-01/

Not sure I know where to stand on this one.  I expect the only changers will be regs and cheats, so it really does nothing to stop the bumhunting.  I assume you average rec just isn't going to be aware of this.  Betfair used to be terrible at spotting name changes*, but you could spot some of the cheats due to the location and play pretty quickly.  Let's just say you weren't ever joining a 6 handed table with 3 people from a certain Eastern European country on it, even if you actually didn't recognise a single screen name.  Well the very fact you didn't recognise any of the screen names gave it away anyway. 

Maybe Winamax is going to be proactive, and try hard to encourage all their losing accounts about the ability to change?

Not sure I am going to change.  I guess if everyone else does, I am going to have to, but I really don't like it much.   

* well to be frank on Betfair, so many of the people on high rakeback deals changed their names in one brief period, that it was hard to conclude that Betfair weren't the ones who instigated it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: