blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Managing and separating bankroll
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Managing and separating bankroll  (Read 2784 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »

Tracking your sessions accurately.

Simply what I do.

I have long term roll  (pensions/ISAs/ house) and short term life/poker/gambling roll. I have too much money flying about between sites and real life stuff to try and separate that lot.  I try and only ever put money into the long term roll, though can't say that always holds.  I already spread the money over so many sites I have no desire to introduce more transfers/complications.

I usually update the poker stuff on a spreadsheet the day after a session, but sometimes do 2 or 3 before I catch up.  Betting spreadsheet is once a week or sometimes longer, as I do less betting than poker.  I track poker by type of game/site.  If I am losing at something I like to know even if I am very slow to do anything about it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »

The main thing is to record every session and tournament you play, so you know where you are. That way if you dip into your poker roll to buy something, or use your life roll to buy into a comp you still know how much you should have in your bankroll.

Used to do that years ago and enjoyed it but really cba loading the laptop up each day. Anyone recommend an app? Or is there an editable spreadsheet programme on ipad?

I just use OPR and enable it to record P'stars/FTP profit and losses.

Simple and effective for me but I only play a very small schedule.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: