blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  High roller Vienna
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: High roller Vienna  (Read 5016 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2014, 04:14:01 PM »

hope pokernews updates incorrect Sad

Click to see full-size image.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »

It should read. Patrick Leonard -> on top of a building contemplating suicide.

The aggro German was playing very aggro and the Russian was super oissed off t him because he beat his ak with a6 on xxxx6 when there was a bunch if bets.

German opens, Russian 3bets I tank overcall 44 kinda scared that German would 4bet but last time he 4bet I 5bet so I imaging he'd just peel a lot. Around 8kish in pot on the flop and we have stacks of 50effective. Flop q42r I'm doing fistpumps inside. Unfortunately the Russian is doing cartwheels with his QQ lolol

I'm a huge huge advocate of hero folding in live tournaments I've made so many ridiculous folds this trip probably some wrong but here I just couldn't fold. He had previously c/r aj on a35 4 way after 3 flop calls no was playing his hands very quickly. I'd raised a river vs him previously and he was annoyed and folded and I raise bvb no he said something in Russian to me too. It was just one of those spots that I think was unavoidable with these players. I was relatively happy actually.

I can write more details of hands etc when I get off the train but I thought I played very good in the 3-4 hours and ran pretty poorly.

I think the 33 hand is really interesting and I may write a little more about that as I just think is an interesting way to play the hand 4 way.

Basically amadi_17 or whatever his name is. V v good yet super aggro reg was over betting the river a lot. He opened I peeled 33, cash reg peels so and bb (aggro German peels)  flop is q73ssx and it checks to me and I check for the following reasons

1) if amadi checked qx then he's likely to overbet river vs my turn calling range and he could also overbet river with bluffs too
2) I think showing down 33 in this spot can stop people running huge buffs on yu and generally not want to play pots with you
3) depending on the run out I can raise river/overbet river and represent a lot of missed draws and thus don't lose value from checking flop
4) I think everything but qx was folding flop 4 way and my instinct was nobody had anything

Turn is brining the 3 flush they all check to me I check my cards (I have ) and I bet and the uk guy calls. I think he has qx, jx and some draws with a spade. He previously called a 3bet vs the German and called down on big bets on ktxxx with QQ

The river is a 9x

I check my cards again trying to make it look like I'm checking if I have a blocker etc and bet river big. He calls kto which I think is a little optimistic ott but anyway I went to 50k in that hand instead of 70k.

I actually played a lot of cool, interesting pots and was very happy with every decision I made in the tournament out of the 95 runners I think there was 20ish fish and maybe 10-15 super good regs. It was a great tournament to play and if I could play it again tomorrow I 100% would.

The whole trip in general has been very underwhelming

74 v 66 on 6533 in the main event
65 v 88 on 855 in the main event
At v a9 in the eureka High roller
JJ v a9 xxxxa in the mix max vs griffin benger
44 v QQ on q42 vs Russian in e 10k

Kinda feel down about it all but realize ive ran v good this year so not going to moan.

Sorry this sweat couldn't be abit longer guys but I'm pretty happy with the way we played and almost certain it was a very +ev investment.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 06:55:57 PM »

gg, was a solid investment for sure - run better next time Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: