blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:00:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Congrats to Victoria Coren-Mitchell, winner of EPT San Remo, 2 time EPT Winner
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congrats to Victoria Coren-Mitchell, winner of EPT San Remo, 2 time EPT Winner  (Read 19261 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »

I had a bit of a delve into that piece by Floppy in The Guardian, & it seems the piece came about due to "figbat", see....

This article was commissioned after a suggestion from figbat.

So I had a look at "figbat" & found this......

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/22/you-tell-us#comment-34652365

In the "Comments" section, & in reponse to .......

"She always comes across as a very nice and genuine person "

......some twerp wrote this.......

People used to always say the same about Jimmy Savile; you never can tell.

Who'd have ever imagined that linkage? We live in strange times.

I don't know how you can possibly do the job you do next door and not know this simple rule of internet.

Don't read comments sections. Without a doubt, if you're commenting on an article it's because you have an axe to grind or are an ass.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »

What?!!

(Yes, a question mark and TWO exclamation marks, indeed)

The comments section is something you MUST read. There are some absolutely tremendous things posted underneath otherwise dull articles. Dave Gorman did a brilliant sketch about them. Obviously, the Daily Mail is the best for your day to day hilarirants.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2014, 11:13:54 PM »

Internet commenters are hilarious as long as you know how stupid they premondinantly are. This is a personal fave

http://www.dailydot.com/lol/youtube-troll-comments-ronnyjohnson618/
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »

Had the pleasure of interviewing VC this week, thanks very much to Tighty for letting me spam the link here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/-There-s-been-an-absurd-amount-of-interest-since-the-double-EPT-win-Vicky-Coren_83340/

She mentions, anecdotally, that she has had a lot of people saying they are going to take up poker after seeing her win this month.

Also liked when she mentioned the Evening Standard's headline of her London win as 'Woman wins fortune at poker' - reminds me of my own personal fave headline 'Man wins poker tournament'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

Had the pleasure of interviewing VC this week, thanks very much to Tighty for letting me spam the link here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/-There-s-been-an-absurd-amount-of-interest-since-the-double-EPT-win-Vicky-Coren_83340/

She mentions, anecdotally, that she has had a lot of people saying they are going to take up poker after seeing her win this month.

Also liked when she mentioned the Evening Standard's headline of her London win as 'Woman wins fortune at poker' - reminds me of my own personal fave headline 'Man wins poker tournament'

Lovely piece, Barry, well done, qood questions, & Vicky is refreshingly different, she avoids too much "poker-speak".

If you stick it on Twitter, I'll retweet it to both of my Followers.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »

Great interview.  Vicky really does get the bigger picture of poker and her role at Stars for selling the game/brand.  It's hard to imagine anyone with such a main stream media presence outside of poker doing a better job.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »

Great interview.  Vicky really does get the bigger picture of poker and her role at Stars for selling the game/brand.  It's hard to imagine anyone with such a main stream media presence outside of poker doing a better job.

This.

I think she's fantastic.

Great interview Barry.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »

Agree with every word of that, she is the perfect Poker Ambassador imo, & will help bring new players into the game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »

She also shared this with me, which I used in another piece:

"Never bet on facts. Bet on as yet undecided outcomes. If you’re betting on something that’s already happened and the person you’re betting against is happy to put a lot of money up, they probably know the results already."

"This grew from the time I was in the pub with Neil Channing near Christmas and Fairytale of New York came on the radio. He said he thought it was a cover version.  I said, “Don’t be ridiculous. This is obviously Shane MacGowan and Kirsty McColl; listen to it.”  He said, “No. It’s a cover.” Anyway, we bet a hundred pounds on it and we asked the barman to have a look at the CD cover. As Neil was pocketing my money he told me - never bet on facts."
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »

She's commentating on the live stream on the EPT Grand Final. www.pokerstars.tv/live

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »

This.

I think she's fantastic.

Great interview Barry.

Could agree with this more. What a woman.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2014, 05:24:23 PM »

Wonderful interview Barry and Mrs VCM just so classy and positive in her replies.

As others have said, you'd struggle to think of a more complete ambassador for the game.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »

If Carlsberg did EPT winners...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »

Will stress it was obvious that it wasn't Shane Magowan and I put £50 in the pub charity box plus gave away a valuable lesson at a bargain price.

This was clearly the Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan version.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2014, 12:22:13 AM »

Will stress it was obvious that it wasn't Shane Magowan and I put £50 in the pub charity box plus gave away a valuable lesson at a bargain price.

This was clearly the Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan version.

Get it quietly

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: