blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Press ups assumption
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Press ups assumption  (Read 29906 times)
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 04:22:26 PM »

the alcohol would probably help up to a point
FEELNOPAIN
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »

the alcohol would probably help up to a point
FEELNOPAIN

Just like Bacardi breeders helped me in the first part of this year

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »

Very sporting of Robu to put up the £1k and very generous of Pleno to match it in the bet and donate to charity if he wins.  Looking forward to seeing it next month.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 09:14:09 PM »

Funnily enough a couple of months ago I was propositioned on something like this. I was about 6 beers in.

I'd say I look athletic but I'm at a poor fitness level. I drink 2-3 times a week.

I had to do 20 full push ups consecutively, I managed it but if it were 22-23 I wouldn't have done it. The last push up felt like it was everything.

Massive unders on the 40, so hilarious if he doesn't work out. I was quite ashamed I could only just manage 20 that I did press-ups for a week or so and managed to get to 35 or so.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 07:34:02 PM »

Just putting my response in before I read the thread and get any spoilers.

I'm going to go for 19.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »

Agree with Dan about it depending on the type of training he does.

If he does a 3 mile run twice a week I think he's going to struggle.

If he does pressups twice a week for 1 minute he'll piss it.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »

how many can you do matt?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

Think the size of the bet is a major factor. A lot and im sure he could squeeze a few more out. I think 30 gonna be pretty close.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »

I think sit ups are harder than press ups.
At 52 and weighing 12.5 stones I run 3 miles prob twice a week. Used to go to the gym but not for 2/3 years.
Last week I decided to have a change and do an old circuit programme
6 squats 5kg weights
9 press ups
12 burpees
15 sit ups

On the second circuit I couldn't finish the sit ups, but would be reasonably confident of doing 15 press ups twice if I switched the circuit order around.
May try it this afternoon if I get home in time
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 10:58:55 AM »

how many can you do matt?

Not tried for ages so I don't really know.

I'm reasonably fit, decent weight and go to the gym 4 times per week (albeit only just started back) and I'd be amazed if I could do 25.

I think 10 would be easy, 15 I'd be getting a sweat on, 20 I'd be wishing I'd never started and 25 I'd be dead.

Give me 6 weeks of practice and I'm pretty sure I'd be in to the 70 - 100 range though. As I saidd it's all about the type of training your mate does.

The size of the bet has nothing to do with it. Once your arms go there's no amount of money that's going to wake them up.

There was a thread on here a while ago where a few people posted videos of a press up challenge. If anybody can find it I think you'd find it interesting.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 10:40:24 AM »

I'm going to do this over the remainder of the summer, if anyone else feels like having a go, please feel free to keep me company.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/

Weight wise, I'm floating between 16st 7 and 16st 11 exercising quite a bit, not dieting, but not taking ridiculously bad food options either.

For my "test" I did 19 push ups.  I'm 43.

The first 15 were pretty straightforward and I was just starting to think I might put up a reasonable number, but it took 2 more for it to be a struggle and 2 more to be empty!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »

I'm going to do this over the remainder of the summer, if anyone else feels like having a go, please feel free to keep me company.

Weight wise, I'm floating between 16st 7 and 16st 11 exercising quite a bit, not dieting, but not taking ridiculously bad food options either.

The first 15 were pretty straightforward and I was just starting to think I might put up a reasonable number, but it took 2 more for it to be a struggle and 2 more to be empty!

I'm 43 also, I will have a go later as a comparison for you  Grin
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »

Patrick defined situps as lying on your back knees bent, and sliding your hands up your leg to your knees. Not what I'd consider situps and much easier imo. If it was the full hands behind your head job I agree they are tougher, his vision weren't.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »

In will try tomorrow when i get home!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »

For my "test" I did 19 push ups.  I'm 43.

In will try tomorrow when i get home!

Did it the other day and managed 4 proper press ups. 19 stone 39 used to be super fit/ strong but not any more.  Your body weight is a huge factor in this relative to your strength. I am still relatively strong but overweight. At 25 I could easily do 50 without even thinking about it when I weighed 14 stone and was strong as an ox lifting weights 4 times a week
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:07:57 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: