blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:48:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  LolPro and Onwards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LolPro and Onwards  (Read 30399 times)
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2015, 01:03:57 PM »

God it's been a long time since I updated this! Just a quick summary of how the rest of December went... I was playing pretty much solely MTTs and 95% of the month went pretty wank but then on 28th December I managed to FT the UKOPS main event on there, I bust in 6th and got £2k which got me back nicely into the black for the end of the year.

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be devoting most of my time to MTTs in 2015, well it seems to have come along at the perfect time that one of the guys I know from Sky contacted me because he's involved in running a stable and wondered if I was interested in joining. One of the people who runs the stable (and provides all the coaching) is Marc Wright which just swung things for me into thinking it was an opportunity too good to pass up. There is a little blog update RE this here:

http://paullambert180.blogspot.co.uk/

So I started with them around 4th/5th Jan and have got off to a pretty great start so far. I knew it was gonna be a steep learning curve... 1) cos I know I'm a decent solid MTT player but I've got a lot to learn to really crush them and 2) having played 95%+ of my volume on Sky, I feel super confident playing 6max but I'm lost in so many spots full ring which is mostly what I'll be playing on other sites. Either way, I seem to have started with a bit of early heat and am about +$3.5k so far in Jan, with my best result being 4th out of 833 in a $22 cubed on stars for $3.2k.

A mate of mine has set up a player group for me on SS (below) which combines my aliases for all the staked sites (basically everything except Sky), just so I can keep track of my profit/loss, volume and have a pretty graph...

http://www.sharkscope.com/?357#Player-Statistics//networks/Player%20Group/players/Lambo%20Stable

My P5s is also looking slightly less embarrassing now than it was when I posted it in early December...

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/lambert180/

============================================

As Kev/Larson (ShipitGood) has mentioned in his diary, I got a £50 bet with him over who can make the most profit on Sky MTTs in the first 6 months of the year. I think I just about got the lead atm but it's close. I'll post monthly SS updates of how we're both getting on, I was gonna post one now but I'm too tight to pay for SS and my mate who does them for me is unlikely to be awake before about 4pm.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »

I finally got my mate to SS me and shipitgood for MTTs 2015 on Sky so far. It's a day or two old now I think, I dunno about Kev but I've hardly played anything on Sky since this SSS was taken and I'm pretty much break even during that time.

Click to see full-size image.

I'd been thinking about starting a stream on Twitch for quite a while but I used to have a really bad internet connection so I'd tested running it with a few mates and it was just unwatchable for them. Recently I upgraded to high speed broadband though which means my upload speed has gone from about 300kb to 4Mb so I hosted my first stream last night. It was a bit of a disaster logisitically because Sky Poker and Party Poker both just refused to let me login to the sites for like the first 2 hours of the session which killed my table numbers but it didn't go too bad overall for a first attempt.

I'll be giving it another go though and all being well, do it pretty regularly.  I'm far from a sicko so I won't be able to teach much to a lot of you guys on here but hopefully it'll be semi-entertaining and I'm sure there will be plenty o people that can benefit from my (limited) advice. Next time I go live will be about 8pm tomorrow night (Tuesday) in line with the main event on Sky.

http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 12:31:30 PM »

It's been a pretty meh few weeks on the MTT grind. No really big scores for a while, I think the best was finishing 3rd in a Party Poker $100 for $1150.

I had a pretty sigh near miss in one of 888's Challenges, it was the $35 double chance, and I GII pre (and lost) KK<A6o with 11 left for a big stack. Losing that left me with about 12bb and I ended up shipping A7o into AA to FT bubble it for about $375 iirc ($7k ftw in that). So deffo down a bit the last few weeks but not much.

Still got the same on-going issue with Sky so pretty much can't play on there at all. Investigation from a few people far more techy minded than me (mostly my girlfriend) has found out that it looks like Sky switch over to a P2P protocol during busy periods and EE (my ISP) block P2P sites like utorrent because it drains bandwidth etc. So I assume it's a case of Sky contacting them, explaining and telling them to stop blocking their site, still waiting on a response though from either company. So as it is, I get booted off the site about 7:30pm and can't log back in until 10pm so I miss virtually 100% of their good comps, which means the prop bet with ShipItGood probably aint going that well.

Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »

Quite a few decent runs last night but no wins and no huge scores Sad

I cashed the $27ko with a few heads for $66

Cashed a $3r for $17, think i was like 160th out of a few thousand, about $2.4k ftw anyway

Went deep in the $13ko too, came 33/1716 for about $50

Deep run in Party's $50 main, but bust ATs<AQs in 15th for $150 ($2k ftw).

FT'd the $11r on 888, gutting though had TT<77 aipf which would have taken us 3handed and given me the CL but running spades gave him the 4flush so I got 4th for about $565 ($2.1k ftw)

A +$500 ish night overall so not bad, just frustrating to not convert a few of those runs into proper scores.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2015, 02:14:06 AM »

Had another good session tonight, but again can't help but feel frustrated. Pretty nuts but went and FT'd the 11r on 888 again, but just couldn't get anything going on the FT, got down to final 5, 3b jammed 33, called by A8o, we're good by the turn but needing to dodge like half the deck and we don't, gg in 5th for just over $500 ($2.2k ftw tonight).

Got mincashes (give or take) in $22 deepstack, $5.50ko, $11 FO and 27ko on stars so pretty much another +$500 day, but again so close to much more Sad
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:29 PM »

Sounds like your on great form, dont think of the missed opportunities at least you are still winning half decent, I know how it can be sometimes, so many near misses but keep giving yourself the opportunity and a big score will be just round the corner.

Keep up the good work sir

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 02:50:10 PM »

Cheers YG, yeah I'm sure it'll come... not today though.

More Frustration!

Finally got round to playing my first morning session, it looked very optimistic but fell flat again when it matters.

I was CL for pretty much 3 hours straight in a $10 FO on party up until the point of being 4handed. The blinds are 2.5k/5k, and the 4 stacks are roughly 100k (me) v 100k v 20k v 30k. Yeah I just get KK<AA against the other 100k stack Sad Only a small $10 FO w/ 97 runners, was $180 ftw but that pretty much would have freerolled my morning, I got $80 for 4th.

I also FT'd a $25 FO on 888 too with 92 runners, $590 ftw. I jam BvB w/ K9o, called by A3o, pretty much dead on A25r. I got 8th place for $90.

The only other cash was a mincash in a $10 FO on 888.

2 FTs from 11 comps, still make a small loss, mehhh.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »

Not posted for a while, and can't really remember what scores I've had since te last post so just looking at date of last post and will check P5s and post a few of the highlights since then...

Last night I got 2nd in the £55BH on Sky for £600, 6th in $50 Turbo BH on Party for $250 and 4th in a  $33 FO on stars for $450

About a week ago I won an $11 FO on 888 for $550 and finished 3rd in the $22 Challenge on there too for just over $1k. It was the night where they have 2 identical $22 chall comps and I cashed both so freerolled the following week too.

Not much else on the stake, other than small cashes of $50-$100 here and there, things going ok though. Having an ok month on Sky so far, I'm about £700 up from MTTs and have been playing the odd bit of 100NL when table count gets really low but I ave no time to re-reg and about +£300 from that.

================================

I've recently started up my Twitch stream again, I did start it a while ago but literally the night I did my first stream Sky Poker just decided to stop working and I was unable to login for like 6 weeks (I later found out it was partly down to my ISP, EE) which is pretty annoying from a profit POV and because I set myself a target to be on the sharkscope profit leaderboard for Sky MTTs, pretty sure I can still do it like, but missing 6 weeks sucked.

http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180

Anyway, so I'm back on Twitch, and I've decided I'm gonna sell a small piece of my action for the upcoming UKOPS on SkY, just to raise some interest and give some viewers a little sweat while they're watching. I was gonna sell it on here but I don't have 300 posts so just had to post it on FB instead. I'm only selling 20%, and capping it at 2% per person, as it's only a bit of fun so just good to let as many people as possible get involved.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

I'll take 2% whatever that is
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2015, 03:02:05 PM »

Can you make any money from twitch, how does that work?
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2015, 04:13:52 PM »

Sorry Kev I already posted it on FB just after my last post above and it was all snapped up in about 30 mins.

I think you can make a bit of money out of Twitch yeh, it's like anything though (and especially like poker), you only get back what you put in. If you put zero effort in to running a good Twitch stream then you'll probably get nothing from it, but if you put the work in, keep it entertaining and hopefully teach people a few new things then I think there's decent rewards to be made.

I also thought this was the nut best time to get it back up and running too because as you know I'm quite well known on Sky's forum and Sky's poker channel 861 has just been cancelled. They've mentioned future media/advertising routes like Youtube, doing pre-recorded shows on Challenge etc and have also mentioned moving into Twitch. Pocket5s have recently set up their own Twitch channel and I think it would be genius for Sky to do the same and take the chance to get in from the start with something that could be huge rather than being a late comer. If they do that, then I wanna already be an established 'Twitcher' with a solid fan base to put myself in the best position for Sky to be interested in me running some shows on their channel etc.

==================================

So I did another show last night, and it went pretty well again. I deffo felt more relaxed and was just chatting 'normally' as the night went on. That was made a lot easier by a lot of Sky regs that I know joining the chat and getting involved. We also managed to finally FT one of the 27KOs on stars after too many near misses to count, I bust in 6th place shipping A9, into AK, blank flop, 9 turn, K river. I can't complain though, I had a lot of rungood to make that FT in te first place and I got just sy of $1100 for that, good to have an exciting sweat on the stream. I also FT'd the £55 BH on Sky again for the 2nd night running, this time only finished 5th though for about £250.... slowly gaining on you in the prop bet Kev... slow and steady.

Fwiw, I set myself a goal at the start of this year when I joined the stable to get my P5s total cashes to >$100k before the end of the year (at the start of the year it was next to nothing, don't even think it was 4 figures cos I rarely played outside of Sky) and last night I broke the $20k mark so 20% of the way there now.

A good night overall and looking forward to doing my next stream. Think I'm gonna have tonight off cos I've played quite a lot recently but tomorrow is Sunday and I play MTTs, so big grind no doubt and hopefully I can get my first win live on Twitch.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2015, 01:39:43 AM »

Thought I'd just flick up a link to a new blog I just posted if anyone is interested.

http://paullambert180.blogspot.co.uk/
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »

Bit of exciting news to share...

As I mentioned I've streamed a few times on Twitch now and I was watching some streaming on Pocket5sTV (their twitch channel) the other night and was having a chat about wat it entails to get involved etc. Long story short, this Tuesday and Thursday (24th and 26th March) I'm going to be making my debut of going live on Twitch hosting on the PocketFivesTV channel.

The streams will be starting around 7:30pm both nights and not stopping until I win/bust everything.

http://www.pocketfives.com/pocketfivestv/

Everyone is welcome and all questions are welcome. Hope to see a few of you pop in.

Paul
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »

Fuk, I've done it again! No update since the end of March.

Just pure results updates get a bit boring anyway so I'll make those brief. Continuing to run really well on 888 and stars while running pretty bad on Sky. Figures so far for 2015 are about +£2k Sky, +£6k across 888/stars/party and then like +£500 from the odd cash session I've played so doing ok, but can always do better.

Here's the heater graph of my 888/stars/party (I can't SS Sky for 2015 only cos I aint a member)

One comp I've been heatering pretty hard in ever since I started grinding MTTs in 2015 is the $11r at 7:40pm on 888, and a mate skoped for that comp only the other day just so I could see how much of a luckbox I am in it...

I dunno if I mentioned it on here, I think I did, but I set myself a target when I started grinding MTTs at the start of the year to reach $100k of cashes on P5s (was <$1k before starting iirc. I'm up to to a little over $30k now, so pretty much on target atm but long way to go.

So that's how poker has been going, right, enough of this bragging nonsense.  Life wise, probably the biggest/best change I've made recently is to stop smoking, it's not been that long since I had one (about 4 days) but I'm feeling totally confident that this is me quit for good now.
Lambert180

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »

I had a pretty good night last night at the tables, deep runs everywhere, didn't convert them all but still a very solid night's work.

All pretty small fields (except the $5) but I got...

1st in a £22 BH for £380
2nd in a £55 BH for £440
3rd in a $5 FO for $160
6th in a $55KO for $200
6th in a $55 turbo 6max BH for $230

So no huge results but a lot of decent ones to so finished about +$200 on stake and +£700 on Sky. More of that plz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: