blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:58:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272620 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  British Poker Awards 2014: blondes and DTD represented...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: British Poker Awards 2014: blondes and DTD represented...  (Read 6437 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 08:21:29 AM »

It's the people who vote not the media though.

I really think he has had the best year any poker player ever has had or will have and critically is very very good. Maybe the media didn't give him a lot of attention though and thus readers didn't know much about him. If so such a shame as his year is ridicously impressive.

That's the point though, Patrick, it was a public vote.

For whatever reason, DN is regularly dissed on blonde, but in the wider poker world - most especially among recreational players, DN is very very popular indeed.

Camel? He doth protest too much, & I suspect that secretly, he wants to be Little Danny.

By the way, I thought you were a tad unfortunate not to collect a gong, but you ran into Deadman, who deserved his Award imo. "Live" players attract a far higher profile generally than Online players, even though it could be argued that winning regularly Online is tougher.

Go win a bracelet or 2 at this year's WSOP & that should do the trick.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 09:21:42 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »

It's the people who vote not the media though.

I really think he has had the best year any poker player ever has had or will have and critically is very very good. Maybe the media didn't give him a lot of attention though and thus readers didn't know much about him. If so such a shame as his year is ridicously impressive.

That's the point though, Patrick, it was a public vote.

For whatever reason, DN is regularly dissed on blonde, but in the wider poker world - most especially among recreational players, DN is very very popular indeed.

Camel? He doth protest too much, & I suspect that secretly, he wants to be Little Danny.

By the way, I thought you were a tad unfortunate not to collect a gong, but you ran into Deadman, who deserved his Award imo. "Live" players attract a far higher profile generally than Online players, even though it could be argued that winning regularly Online is tougher.

Go win a bracelet or 2 at this year's WSOP & that should do the trick.   

It is the people who vote, but if they only get their information through a small fistful of poker media outlets than have proven to be ess than partisan in the past.The Pokernews coverage of Coleman was borderline vindictive as some of their own writers took to twitter to vent. This poker awards just comes across as one big boys club and extremely cl-icky.

@whollyflush on twitter
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »

Yeah I agree. I was toying over going but decided against it for that reason too. Stern telling off for my mum for not making her friends vote enough for me to win at least 1 event too!

Everybody who went seemed to have a great time so still seems like a big success.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: