blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 87168 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »

St Mirren must read blonde. Tommy Craig left by mutual consent this morning.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »

There are 3 games played in the Scottish Cup tonight. They are replays from last week.  

There isn't really much I fancy, its an ugly day to play football.  I'm not too far from cliftonhill at the moment and the weather is terrible.  High winds, right nip in the air and its wet and its to get worse as the night goes on.

When I looked at the fixtures I thought Albion might be a bet at anything better than 11/10 but that seems to be best price.  With the wheather sure to play its part I might bet unders but will wait a bit closer to kick off to see how bad it is.  

The other 2 games the home teams should definitely win but at the prices I am happy to swerve and save the tokens for another day.  
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »

Was only a matter of time, I questioned the logic when they appointed him.  My old boss is a buddy and I said to him it would end in disaster.  TBF he was disappointed they had got rid of Danny Lennon. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »

Getting rid of Lennon made no sense to me either.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 10:32:45 PM »

Fairly pleased we kept the betting tokens dry.  Albion lost 1 - 0 can't say it was a huge surprise the closer it got to kick off the more tempted I was to back unders given the conditions outside.  In the end I opted not to bother, as much as I thought the conditions made for a bad game they it have ultimately led to a few mistakes that could have seen goals scored.

Celtic do you have any opnionons on Martin Odegaard  who Celtic have been linked with.  Bit of a wonderkid apparently.

Betting wise, I've been looking at the weekends fixtures for the SPL and there isn't a great deal jumping out at me.  Dundee away to Hamilton possibly represents the value.  I have had a small bet on Motherwell aho are playing the equally terrible Ross County.  Motherwell should have been hammered by Celtic at the weekend but they were dogged in defeat and did create some chances of their own, a similar performance will be too much for Ross County I feel.  It's also expected that they will have the new boss in place for the weekend and the smart money seems to be on Terry Butcher making a return.   That can only be a good thing, personally I don't rate Kenny Black much and was surprised the Motherwell board left him in charge. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »

Know we have been linked with him, not seen anything of him. Always a bit sceptical when the word wonder kid and Norwegian used in the same sentence. It's not like they are well know for producing fantastic players. Anything would help us to be fair. Guidetti has to be given what he wants, if not, then the board will have to have something up their sleeve as a replacement.

Thoughts on scepovic? I'm convinced he has a twin that he sent over in his place. 😀

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »

Fairly pleased we kept the betting tokens dry.  Albion lost 1 - 0 can't say it was a huge surprise the closer it got to kick off the more tempted I was to back unders given the conditions outside.  In the end I opted not to bother, as much as I thought the conditions made for a bad game they it have ultimately led to a few mistakes that could have seen goals scored.

Celtic do you have any opnionons on Martin Odegaard  who Celtic have been linked with.  Bit of a wonderkid apparently.

Betting wise, I've been looking at the weekends fixtures for the SPL and there isn't a great deal jumping out at me.  Dundee away to Hamilton possibly represents the value.  I have had a small bet on Motherwell aho are playing the equally terrible Ross County.  Motherwell should have been hammered by Celtic at the weekend but they were dogged in defeat and did create some chances of their own, a similar performance will be too much for Ross County I feel.  It's also expected that they will have the new boss in place for the weekend and the smart money seems to be on Terry Butcher making a return.   That can only be a good thing, personally I don't rate Kenny Black much and was surprised the Motherwell board left him in charge. 

If its Terry Butcher I will never be back.

Took charge of Hibs and basically got them relegated. How did he manage to get Hibs relegated the Season Hearts had a 15 Point deduction.

No Thanks.

Heard it will be a someone completely different from the usual Pish merry go round managers. Surely Terry Butcher isn't that appealing.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 07:04:22 AM »

Took charge of Hibs and basically got them relegated. How did he manage to get Hibs relegated the Season Hearts had a 15 Point deduction.

they did manage to finish above hearts so there pt deduction didnt come into play

still with the clubs in the spl its unbelievable that hibs were anywhere near the drop zone
and losing the play off was downright criminal

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

No Thanks.

Heard it will be a someone completely different from the usual Pish merry go round managers. Surely Terry Butcher isn't that appealing.

Hibs is a poisoned chalice for as long as Rod Petrie/Tom Farmer are there.  Butcher wasn't at fault for their relegation imho.  He's a decent coach and done well for Motherwell before before doing an even better job at ICT. 

Who would you go for?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »

And as if to prove my earlier point about how there were certain guys in the game who shouldn't be allowed to coach because they are absolute pish the early front runner for the St Mirren job is Billy Stark.  I get he has a connection with them as he played there before.  I thought one of the best things WGS done, and I understand he was responsible for it was getting Stark away from the under 21's when he took over as National coach. 

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 06:00:25 PM »

No Thanks.

Hibs is a poisoned chalice for as long as Rod Petrie/Tom Farmer are there.  Butcher wasn't at fault for their relegation imho.  He's a decent coach and done well for Motherwell before before doing an even better job at ICT. 

Who would you go for?

Butcher has been told he hasn't been successful. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Would like MVG. Not the Darts Guy
We had a previous player called Mitchell Ver Der Gaag. Seems to have done pretty well in Portugal.

Would personally have Mark Mcghee back. The football we played with Mcormack Clarkson and Porter that season was incred. 

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »

McGhee isn't going to go back is he?

MVG was a half decent player, haven't heard much of him as a coach though. 

Whatever happened with Motherwell and the fan ownership did that work out I thought I read other day that the finances were under pressure. 

I see Hibs fans are organising a campaign for community based ownership.  Is that sustainable for teams that want to be in the top tier?  I'd love Celtic fans to own the club instead of that c@nt Desmond but can't see it ever working out. 
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 06:48:19 PM »

Motherwell are doing the exact same.

We could be another Hibs in the making and fancy we could end up playing Sevco in the Playoff.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

I really shouldn't laugh but this makes me chuckle everytime it appears on Facebook. 

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »

Robbie Neilson - Manager of the Month

I posted Hearts as a pre-season bet to nothing at 9/2 on TfT so I am pleased to see they are doing well, somewhat begrudgingly I must add as they really aren't a team I like.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30432188

Continuing on the Hearts/Rangers theme it seems Rangers will win the title according to Barry Ferguson - ""I still firmly believe they will win the league." He never was the sharpest tool in the box. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30424659
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:19:25 PM by Kmac84 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: