blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Queen to Abdicate?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen to Abdicate?  (Read 25876 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »

This thread has been reinstated after removal of several Posts which were offensive.

Offensive to who?  You Unionists are a funny bunch.

I would imagine a suggestion to hang people, Royal Family or otherwise, may well be offensive to many.

It has nothing to do with Unionists. I am not a Unionist, nor are many here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:23:57 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »

I was offended Kmac. Horrible suggestion.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

There are far more extreme ways to get rid of them. 

Entitlement by birth right is so wrong on many levels and it is no wonder the country is in the shit when we prop this lot up with handout after handout, then add to that all their elitis friends who wouldn't know a hard days graft if it bit them in the arse, all the while pensioners are struggling to eat and heat their homes through no fault of their own other than corporate greed.  The disabled and unemployed are scapegoated and struck by austerity measures whilst that twat William makes a profession out of being unemployed. 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »

so that's "sorry" then?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

Entitlement by birth right is so wrong on many levels and it is no wonder the country is in the shit when we prop this lot up with handout after handout, then add to that all their elitis friends who wouldn't know a hard days graft if it bit them in the arse, all the while pensioners are struggling to eat and heat their homes through no fault of their own other than corporate greed.  The disabled and unemployed are scapegoated and struck by austerity measures whilst that twat William makes a profession out of being unemployed. 

To be fair, he does have a full time job as an air ambulance pilot at Cambridge airport. From what I can tell he gets some decent holiday entitlement.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

I agree with a huge part of your overall sentiment but I think the patriotism the Royal Family provide as a whole as well as the tourism benefits far outweigh any expenditure. If we didn't have the Queen what national anthem would we sing? Who would our Armed Forces fight for? No way I want to lick the back of David Camerons head whenever I send a letter. There are many problems with our economic/political system and I understand the Royal Family are representative to some degree of that, but we have to live a little as a country. God Save The Queen.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »

why not suggest no royal family rather than hanging them? Not like they have a choice either

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 04:49:26 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

To be fair, he does have a full time job as an air ambulance pilot at Cambridge airport. From what I can tell he gets some decent holiday entitlement.

Hasn't he retired from the RAF I recall he had.   "To concentrate on public life"  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

Correct.

The salary is circa £40,000, which he donates to the Air Ambulance Charity.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

I agree with a huge part of your overall sentiment but I think the patriotism the Royal Family provide as a whole as well as the tourism benefits far outweigh any expenditure. If we didn't have the Queen what national anthem would we sing? Who would our Armed Forces fight for? No way I want to lick the back of David Camerons head whenever I send a letter. There are many problems with our economic/political system and I understand the Royal Family are representative to some degree of that, but we have to live a little as a country. God Save The Queen.

The tourism factor is vastly overrated imo.  

Why do your armed forces have to fight for anyone?  Why not have a defence force that protects its people and borders rather than having them fight for war mongerers.  

As for stamps, if you still use them more fool you but I'd suggest we have an elected 2nd chamber and then perhaps use the images of people who have actually contributed to society on Stamps.  

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

Why do your armed forces have to fight for anyone?  Why not have a defence force that protects its people and borders rather than having them fight for war mongerers.  

As for stamps, if you still use them more fool you but I'd suggest we have an elected 2nd chamber and then perhaps use the images of people who have actually contributed to society on Stamps.  

What do you use instead?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

What do you use instead?

I don't post anything.  Welcome to the modern world. 
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:26 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

What do you use instead?

What if you need to send a paper document or greetings card to a place which is not in your house?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »

He hand delivers to save all the disabled people

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »

Wind yer neck in. 

What do you use instead?

Can't help thinking that not posting anything would have been an improvement. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: