blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Long Road Ahead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Long Road Ahead  (Read 47359 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »

I kind of know Adam Owen Tikay, we have a mutual friend who he stakes and have swapped skype details/facebook but we have both been busy playing. He has had a pretty good wcoop so far!

8th in the 5card Omaha yesterday. Bit disappointing as I wasn't all in after the rebuy period until I bust. Happy with my play though, just a lack of cards/run good at the end. It was quite tilting as we disconnected when I had 8 big blinds and I somehow managed to miss 3 hands despite getting my phone tethering going. Doh! 8th in the 265ko KK<AA and KQ<KK. Really happy with how I played in this and I think it was my first FT in this comp. Managed a small win in a turbo on .fr and a few other bits and bobs to round off a solid day. Skipped the 2k plo with being deep in the and it might not have been good value to fire anyway, despite my cash game heater.

Pinged the Hot 55 for 13k on Monday, which certainly helped to boost morale. I was in a really bad mood though and barely cracked a smile. Fortunately I read the signs and took Tuesday off and I felt much better playing yesterday. Shows you just how much variance is in this game, I can't imagine I was playing at all my best on Monday, but came out looking fairly rosy. 2k Thrill tonight and probably the event I've been looking forward to the most. I'd like a bit more from Wcoop. I've had so many runs and close calls. 99th in the 1k 6max on sunday, losing 62o vs QJ on 66Q for a big stack on the bubble. Instead I limp into the money and get flipped out shortly afterwards. I'm definitely enjoying playing less tables. My sessions aren't as rushed and feel a lot less frantic. Its hard not to write a post moaning when you play mtts and all things considered I've ran fairly well this month. Who doesn't want to play with the lights and for a bracelet though?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2015, 02:20:22 AM »

Keep writing mate, know it's tough at times but looking back you'll wish you kept it up.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2015, 04:14:37 AM »

I thought I had written about the last sunday and what I was up to in October tbh. I didn't plan on writing much this last week as I mostly spent it with my gf. It was a gluttonous week and I had a great time as always.

Been playing more cash this week and its been pretty fun. Housemates had some family over for a couple of days so I did some stuff with them, and fit a review on Tuesday afternoon that I will probably finish tomorrow. Came 9th in the Thrill tonight, just played that and the 400e .fr 6max. Lots of cash action tonight and I did very well on the site I am established on and slightly poorer on a site I'm breaking into. 6.5k for the thrill, so it will help a bit for the month but nothing really to shout about. I don't think I could do much different, small regrets on one hand where I bluffcaught vs an obvious value size but it was someone who I expected to be bluffing way more than the average population. QTss< 66 first 6 hands of ft. I've recovered a lot of my confidence, I was struggling a bit worrying too much about the players that I know are better than me rather than using it as motivation to build on. I've been forcing myself to get to bed a bit earlier this week and I feel a lot better for it even if I did kind of ruin it by waking up after 5 hours and playing a session!

I will try to write more, I don't think blonde is particularly enamoured and I don't just want to be here moaning.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »

I thought I had written about the last sunday and what I was up to in October tbh. I didn't plan on writing much this last week as I mostly spent it with my gf. It was a gluttonous week and I had a great time as always.

Been playing more cash this week and its been pretty fun. Housemates had some family over for a couple of days so I did some stuff with them, and fit a review on Tuesday afternoon that I will probably finish tomorrow. Came 9th in the Thrill tonight, just played that and the 400e .fr 6max. Lots of cash action tonight and I did very well on the site I am established on and slightly poorer on a site I'm breaking into. 6.5k for the thrill, so it will help a bit for the month but nothing really to shout about. I don't think I could do much different, small regrets on one hand where I bluffcaught vs an obvious value size but it was someone who I expected to be bluffing way more than the average population. QTss< 66 first 6 hands of ft. I've recovered a lot of my confidence, I was struggling a bit worrying too much about the players that I know are better than me rather than using it as motivation to build on. I've been forcing myself to get to bed a bit earlier this week and I feel a lot better for it even if I did kind of ruin it by waking up after 5 hours and playing a session!

I will try to write more, I don't think blonde is particularly enamoured and I don't just want to be here moaning.

I don't think that's true at all, Adam, you write extremely well & with refreshing honesty, but much of it does not sort of encourage interaction.

It's a big problem for poker forums - people like to be entertained (by reading the writings of others) but don't always want to contribute themselves. Quite the freeroll, really.

Anyway, I hope you keep writing here.

Are you playing much PLO & PLO8 these days?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »

I agree with Tikay about the interaction, a bit like asking open questions to get more response. But it's tough to kind of open your life up more on a public forum.
Will be in touch shortly, bout time I rang you for a catch up.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »

I play a lot of 4 card plo. It probably makes up 70% of my cash volume. Then I play o8 in all forms, 5 card runs more than 4 nowadays but I will check the lobby for both. I'm playing a bit more flo8 too atm, man's got to eat.

I have saved some interesting hands and the like. I will try and add a bit more dynamism (interactiveness?) too.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

I enjoy reading your stuff, Adam.

Don't post much, as I haven't really got anything to offer in the way of advice etc.

Guess the lurkers like myself should make ourselves known, even if it's just so you don't feel like you're talking to yourself Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2015, 11:32:24 PM »

I read the diary regularly and enjoy it. More real life stuff too pls!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2015, 08:01:40 AM »

Yeah, keep writing please.

Keep winning too

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »

Another lurker who enjoys your writing, as a 4-or-more card fan yours is one of the first names I look for when railing.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2015, 04:32:37 AM »

Thanks a lot guys.

I wasn't really in the mood to play on Friday, there wasn't much action so I mostly played some video games (Blood Bowl 2 and Hearthstone) and then watched some more Fargo. At about 3am I was ready for bed and I saw a guy who is a must join at 3/6 o8. I decided to hop in for a while, he normally plays bigger so I was expecting a loose and quick game. I won a buyin or so and the game broke down, so I played a semi reg for a while. I sat 10/20 o8 which is the marks usual poison and a game got started there fairly quickly. I span 40bb to 400 or so and he eventually left to play someone he accused of collusion (almost certainly false, it wouldn't even make sense if they were) so I won't repeat it. This went on to 8am or so and I get some sporadic action elsewhere to book a decent win, including beating a reg for a while who tried to join me on a second table.

Saturday I woke up kinda late and missed the 215 plo. I regged from 5ish to 10pm and my only real run saved the day, with a chop in the 55 challenge on 888 for 3.6k, for what I imagine was a reasonably small win as I didn't do much elsewhere. Quite excited for tomorrow, feeling good and I've had a decent amount of sweats on sundays lately including 3 fts in the o8 and omaha pkos. A huge score would be nice. No real cash tonight and I'm going to close the lobbies whilst I watch a Fargo episode. It is hard to not be checking sometimes, especially with the amount of action that has been going on lately. Lets hope the action continues.

As an aside I saw both Wales vs South Africa and NZ vs France this week, both very enjoyable games and I'm really looking forward to the semis. I've been trying to find a bet for a sweat but I guess I'll sit it out. Listen to both the ChicagoJoey Ben86 Podcast and Ansky's this week, very interesting overall and something I think can be useful to listen to as you try to develop in poker. Some casual remarks can really help you realise certain things or crystallize a concept in your mind. Gl to everyone playing and punting tomorrow.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2015, 04:44:42 AM »

heading over to the uk anytime soon? WPT?

I also read the diary, and think you should post more.

plus this comment made me chuckle..

A huge score would be nice.

i mean... no sh!t Sherlock Wink

gl tomorrow

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2015, 09:13:07 AM »

Good luck tonight, Adam.

If it's not off-limits, what are the main sites you play on ('Stars apart) & why?

What does this mean - has O8 action increased?

especially with the amount of action that has been going on lately. Lets hope the action continues

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

Stars, .fr, 888, Party, a skin in acr (America's cardroom or black chip) and intertops. 3 lesser known sites I'll keep quiet too. They are places with the highest value tournaments/places to wait for cash.

O8 action is sporadic, it doesn't appeal quite as much as some games but there are some weaker players that enjoy a game now and again. The main 5card guy has been around for a couple of months now, but little will run without him.

No to Wpt. I like dtd a lot but it's just time away from online. If I had a better reason to go home I might have, but I've been fairly recently. Cheers Vern giving it a spin yourself?

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »

Stars, .fr, 888, Party, a skin in acr (America's cardroom or black chip) and intertops. 3 lesser known sites I'll keep quiet too. They are places with the highest value tournaments/places to wait for cash.

O8 action is sporadic, it doesn't appeal quite as much as some games but there are some weaker players that enjoy a game now and again. The main 5card guy has been around for a couple of months now, but little will run without him.

No to Wpt. I like dtd a lot but it's just time away from online. If I had a better reason to go home I might have, but I've been fairly recently. Cheers Vern giving it a spin yourself?

Might head up for the weekend of the main for some beers. Would have played the 500 but I think DTDs decision to have day 2/3 on a Monday and Tuesday is pretty silly, surely will lose a lot of guys who can't take 2 days potentially of work?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: