blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:48:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England in South Africa
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England in South Africa  (Read 33814 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »

Worth laying the draw here? Yes, the pitch looks flat atm but did a bit for the new ball and they've scored so quick they haven't taken much time out of the game. 6/4 short on day 1 for the draw
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2016, 01:32:46 PM »

Worth laying the draw here? Yes, the pitch looks flat atm but did a bit for the new ball and they've scored so quick they haven't taken much time out of the game. 6/4 short on day 1 for the draw

Completely without any stats to back me up here as well, but dont we usually get a tonking when we already have the series won? They look a bit flat to me here, and that will translate to the batting too IMO.

Could be a very good bet.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »

england are terrible in dead rubbers

last five LLDDL

They went off underdogs for the first three tests, won two of them

went off favourite here and have peformed with much less intensity

think its a big ask to expect england to bat and bat to save a game when 2-0 up

would be against a draw.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »

Took the 10/11 about the saffers, normally wait a bit longer into a test but we look very much like the job is done and subconsciously eased off
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2016, 04:00:06 PM »

Wow, quite the collpase going on here! Including one for that useless git Woakes :p
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2016, 05:36:33 PM »

Good fightback after tea, then just let it slip again with the 2nd new ball. Saffers have a long enough tail like, few quick wickets in the morning when bowlers are fresh with ball only 10 overs old and the game could be back in the balance.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »

Backed Amla as top SA batam. Feeling a bit hard done by!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:01 AM »

We really struggle to bat to save a test match.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2016, 07:44:39 PM »

I havent called for Bairstow to be dropped, yes, he should be taking some of these chances, but he will improve, and offers the team more with the bat than Butler does.

Woakes has played both white ball and red ball cricket now for England, and has hardly excelled, you know exactly what he is going to give you, he is a worse bowler than Stokes for me, yet he is meant to be our 3rd seamer.

From the noises coming out of the England camp, Footitt is far from pleasant to face in the nets, but England have always been conservative in their selections, hence why it took so long to get Taylor into the team. Out bowling attack needs variety, which it doesnt have with this current look.

When Anderson retires, I have no doubt that Woakes will be the one the plonk in to replace him, that fills me with dread.

The Kerrigan example is a bit extreme if you ask me! Yes, he was pants, but it shouldnt stop you from throwing someone in there if they look like they could have that X factor that international attacks need. Woakes is definitely NOT that man. Footitt could be, but I fear that we will never find out.

England took too many bowlers imo. Waste of a month for some of them. Could see Footitt getting experience as first time touring etc but total waste of time Jordan going at all. He was never going to be picked so why bother.
With England always appalling in dead rubbers would defo have given Footitt a chance.
Seeing how bad the catching has been Jordan could of been more use in the slips Smiley
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »

England have won the series

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2016, 11:50:38 AM »

Rabada blowing it open here, looks a prospect. Similar to Finn, he'll go for some runs but takes regular wickets.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »

Backed Amla as top SA batam. Feeling a bit hard done by!

i can beat that

stephen cook at 6-1

went past amla

numbers 6 and down at the crease, 115 to beat

value loser!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »

disagree with tighty slighty, sure Woakes is the like replacement for Jimmy and maybe Broad, but Finn is a much different bowler. footitt is a like for like replacement and keeps the attack more balanced. shame think everyone apart from bayliss would have picked footitt!

so a good tour then, probably a loss in this one, but a series win is huge.

Positives and negatives?

Still questions over Hales, Compton, Taylor and probably Bairstow? in my opinion

Stokes looks like a test cricketer now. Bowling is fine, pleased to win a series without Jimmy having a stormer!

Root is class.

Be good to see Cook get to 10,000 in the second innings too

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »

Bairstow has hit well over 300 runs, dont think there is any doubt over him, Hales HAS to be given time to find his feet, we cant keep jsut throwing people on the scrap heap or we will never find anyone. Compton the jury is still out, i think it looks worse than it perhaps is with the way he bats, its bloody turgid to watch. Taylor has shown enough during his career so far IMO to jsut let him keep going, he is class and will come good.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2016, 02:51:24 PM »

England have to give an opener a run of at least 10 matches. Otherwise every opener who comes in is under so much pressure as they know they are only getting 4 matches/a series to make a knock.

I think Maybe the reason why footitt didnt get the nod is because Mark Wood us probably Finns like for like replacement and footitt is probably 3rd in line for that spot. Whereas woakes os probably 2nd inline for the "swing" bowler in the attack.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: