blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Rio Olympics
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rio Olympics  (Read 46622 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »

McLaren report confirms widespread, 'state-dictated' Russian doping at Sochi 2014

russia track/field already banned from rio, rest of sports could be banned too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »

!

one foreign football player in the russian league had a positive test covered up too

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 12:44:53 PM »

2008 Olympics samples. 1st wave of retests caught 30 athletes. Today IOC announced another 30 samples contained banned substances

15 more London2012 athletes tested positive in 2nd wave of retests of samples. 23 caught in 1st wave of retests of samples from 2012

23 medalists from Beijing caught in the doping retests.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 12:47:55 PM »

So nearly 8% of all samples that have been retested from Beijing and London have returned positive.

My eyes are open wide
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »

Gets to a point where you think, feck em. If we can't get it totally clean, then let them all pop whatever they like and let's wait for a sub 7 second 100 m etc.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »

It's beyond terrible, & we've seen it in Cycling, & various other sports, too.

The oddity, to me, all things considered, it's that it seems to be almost unheard of in English football, & relatively rare in football globally.

I can't help but suspect that may be down to a lax testing regime, or turning a blind eye.

Are our footballers, knowing them as we do, all really squeaky clean as to drug use? 

Much of the cheating is in sports where stamina is required, & that certainly applies to football, where the players regularly run huge distances every game.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:50 PM »

The oddity, to me, all things considered, it's that it seems to be almost unheard of in English football, & relatively rare in football globally.

I can't help but suspect that may be down to a lax testing regime, or turning a blind eye.

Are our footballers, knowing them as we do, all really squeaky clean as to drug use? 

Much of the cheating is in sports where stamina is required, & that certainly applies to football, where the players regularly run huge distances every game.

Sure theres a % that lack of testing is not detecting, particularly young players trying to get noticed, in youth teams and lower leagues but guess the testing is alot less at these levels aswell. Im surprised having seen the way footballers act we arent getting a recreational scandal every few days, which probably shows the lack of testing.

Cant see football being anywhere near a sport like athletics for doping levels where your performance can so purely be affected. Drugs can make you faster/stronger but they wont help your football skill so the use is alot less worth the risk. Then you have the fact footballers can earn very good money at a range of levels whereas athletes need to be in the top100/200 across the sport to earn anything above what a league 1 footballer is? Athletics is all or nothing, most meets even bolt wont appear infront of more than league 1 attract to games. The trickle down is going to be terrible.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »

It's highly unlikely. If sports with not much money in them have a lot of people who fail tests at the top, is it that likely the sport with lots of money in it is clean?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »

Gets to a point where you think, feck em. If we can't get it totally clean, then let them all pop whatever they like and let's wait for a sub 7 second 100 m etc.

I trust they will never allow drugs in sport.

If they do, it will be sentencing thousands of kids to an early grave.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:05 AM »

Just seen the Rio opening ceremony is being directed by Fernando Meirelles who made "City of God" - which is promising.

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/36870016

6 of the fastest 7 times this year and 2 of the fastest 4 times in history but won't be at the games because of USA's strict policy of having to turn up on one race and top 3 in the trials in a race where anything can go wrong on any given day.  Another case of how stupid yanks are.

Another dirty WR off the books from the 1980s Eastern bloc.  Replaced by another drug cheat?  Anyone think she is clean?  Technically perfect run last night.  Very impressive.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 10:40:58 AM »

World Records in women's sprint events are rare. Prior to Harrison's 12.20 last night,average age of sprint (<800m) records was 26 yrs 9 months (eastern bloc/unachievable drugged up records)

My eyes are open wide
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/36870016

6 of the fastest 7 times this year and 2 of the fastest 4 times in history but won't be at the games because of USA's strict policy of having to turn up on one race and top 3 in the trials in a race where anything can go wrong on any given day.  Another case of how stupid yanks are.

Another dirty WR off the books from the 1980s Eastern bloc.  Replaced by another drug cheat?  Anyone think she is clean?  Technically perfect run last night.  Very impressive.

Ennis run 12.52 on the track at the olympics so no reason why the best 100m hurdler isnt a fair bit better than her? Americans have a pretty ridiculous bad record on drugs, which everyone just seems to ignore compared to eastern bloc troubles? Having said that its clear from cycling USADA are keen to make a name for themselves more recently. Their mens hurdle record holder looks to have gone downhill rather steeply....

It was pretty awesome to watch, prefer to not know the difference was drugs.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »

I think Dandy might be doping his sprinters! Cheesy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2016, 10:35:37 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: