blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Back From Business
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back From Business  (Read 28480 times)
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 06:28:30 PM »

Merry Christmas all, hope you had a good holiday and hope it's still ongoing! I'm back at work, unfortunately had a couple of unexpected expenses so have been putting in the hours at work and pokers on the back burner a bit until Feb, still got the same plans more or less but adding and removing bits as my plans and interests for the next few years develop. Poker is looking like it's going to play more of a support role as a second job or even maybe a hobby that happens to bring in some money, I'm wanting to invest my time and hard earned cash in something as future proof as possible and I'm trying to take in as many options as possible. If anyone has any ideas about growing markets and industries then post them up please. 👍

It's hard living on the boat in winter, have to have your wits about you to make sure we don't run out of water, all the outdoor taps get turned off to prevent damage when it gets below 0, keeping the fire going because when it goes out the temp drops really quickly and it's harder to restart due to cold air pressure coming down the chimney. One night I climbed on the roof with the Hoover and stuck it down the chimney to get a draw going because the boat was filling with smoke! Worked a treat but quite dangerous I suppose. It's very satisfying when it's all going well and after problems are solved and I love it, hard work though! I'm used to flicking a switch for all my needs and can't anymore...

Fire lighting tip. Light a few loosely crumpled sheets of newspaper on top of your smoldering fire. It will draw in air from the bottom (and consequently through your kindling) and force hot air up the chimney creating a draw.

Thanks! All advice is well appreciated! Usually Mrs Tache has a lovely warm fire waiting for me to warm my feet on when I get home from work so I'm really quite lucky!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: