blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WSOP Circuit Event - Rio Las Vegas - Interest Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Circuit Event - Rio Las Vegas - Interest Thread  (Read 22901 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »

Afternoon Blonde

We are back again, with a little more notice this time.  Long term readers of my staking packages will be disappointed to see we didn't bubble nor blast off 20k chips in 2 levels in the last one:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67387.0

We did pay the wrong person for a small bit of japes though.  Which is now fixed.

About me

My name is Chris Roberts, been playing poker best part of 18 years.  I have played throughout the UK, and played a number of mid level competitions with occasional success:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=178987#

I play online mainly as Rab90 Stars/Tilt.  I ran a profitable stake on here online for 6 months or so, as well as a couple of busts.  Playing regularly I guess I could probably beat low limit online MTT's however most of my play now is pretty lol Friday night punting whilst my Mrs watches Vampire diaries.

Tournament

I am off to Vegas 23rd February for a week.  My plan was to play the $250 Venetian deepstack, but this WSOP event has just been brought to my attention:

http://www.wsop.com/tourney/tourneydetails.asp?groupID=1280

The main is a $1,675 buy in, $750k guaranteed.  I plan to play day 1B (26/2).  I will likely play regardless, my wife is an utter punter and doesn't even want me to sell any.....however she also has an unquestionable faith in my ability to do anything so might be somewhat mad/biased

Vegas Experience

This will be my 9th trip to Vegas I think, admittedly I was 13 on my first and didn't play much Smiley I have won daily tournaments at Imperial Palace, Ceasers and MGM.  I have booked wins in the majority of cash sessions played.  I do Vegas properly, I will not be heavily rested eating All American Dave's and doing yoga.  I am more likely to be wearing a pink tiara drinking frozen Margarita from a Statue of Liberty shaped glass.  I need to make that pretty clear.  However, I will have a chunk of my own money on the line and I find my results drinking are exponentially better than those sober.

The Sell

Not really sure how much I want to sell, so an interest thread at present.  I will probably sell a minimum of 25% max of 50%.  I will update regularly and I have a US tax exemption reference so will be fine to get any wins free of tax etc.  That was from a fruit machine win, not poker lol

10% $167.50
5% $83.75
2.5% $41.88

I haven't decided to do with the exchange rate yet.  I clearly will work something mutually fair.  So will keep it in $ for now.

Flame away.  New territory for me.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »

Confirmation my wife hates money.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:15:58 PM »

5% please.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »

Brilliant OP.

5% please.

Allez!!
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »

5 please Chris

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »

5% pls Chris
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

5% please

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 09:00:21 PM »

Cheers all. That's all booked. Anything after may be waitlist. I have been told by the boss I am not allowed to sell 50%.

A weird and wonderful plan on $ conversion to follow
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 09:39:30 PM »

5% if any left.

Steve
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »

5% if any left.

Steve

I'll book you Steve. Lucky money. Def on hold there
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »

I'll take 5
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 12:22:16 AM »

I'll take 5

Too many heros. Booked Todd.

I am definitely capping there.

65% Me
5% Longines
5% Edgascoine
5% Steve Swift
5% Dewi
5% shipitgood
5% Toddswain
5% Geo

I will be changing dollars at various times this month. I propose to lock the rate at what I achieve on my next trade.  I tend to use Debenhams with the Money saving expert special so not complete mug rates. I'll post slip straight after to show and lock £ amounts.  If anyone has $ at spot and I manage to get it then it will be at spot.  Clearly currency is fluctuating big at the moment and I don't have $ so if I give XE rates I will be losing straight away on zero mark up. Any return dollars will be advertised on blonde and likely at spot due to people wanting WSOP $$$. This will be at the day of trade rather than date of score.

Does that make sense? It will be roughly £67-£68 I think per 5%. I'll wait for some opinions on that and then circulate bank details next week. No rush for payment. Ideally before I travel.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 01:55:08 AM »

Please just PM an amount and a bank account and I'll get it there. Not fussed on FX and don't be shy to chase if I am slow as I'm not on Blonde as much as once upon a time.

Allez!!
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »

Please just PM an amount and a bank account and I'll get it there. Not fussed on FX and don't be shy to chase if I am slow as I'm not on Blonde as much as once upon a time.

+1 to this
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »

OK. It's £1,000,223 each Smiley

I will post an amount and bank details later this week
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: