blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:16:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Twelve countries are hit with cyberattacks said to use a leaked NSA hacking tool
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Twelve countries are hit with cyberattacks said to use a leaked NSA hacking tool  (Read 3248 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 08:13:37 PM »

I'm guessing us latte sipping kale eating macbook using hipster douchebags are relatively safe from all this?

You missed out smug.

Yes.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »

The problem exists with organisations such as the NHS because when a security patch gets released by Microsoft it probably takes a good month or more for the patch to be tested against all the organisations systems before being applied.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 09:06:44 PM »

The problem exists with organisations such as the NHS because when a security patch gets released by Microsoft it probably takes a good month or more for the patch to be tested against all the organisations systems before being applied.

There are some that probably hit them without notice though, which is real life.

Then again you have the crew than want to sack everyone for anything even though they are probably useless themselves at packing biscuits in the factory they work in....
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »

NHS Wales Informatics Service
Yesterday at 7:38am ·
**NHS Wales staff notice**
NHS England has suffered a significant cyber attack. We have not been affected in Wales. However, as a precautionary measure we have blocked all inbound emails (from external senders and NHS England) to NHS Wales until further notice. All outbound emails, and emails within NHS Wales, are unaffected. We will review this on Monday.
When emails are blocked, both the sender and the recipient will receive a response to say that the email has been dropped and deleted.
We have also disabled the client services supported file shares until Monday.

from facebook

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »

The tech that needs to run on NHS clients can't be that complex, surprised they don't just modify a Linux build or something and put that on. Would be way easier and cheaper and could make it just as intuitive to use as a tablet or something. And it would be a lot easier to roll out in-house patches to security vulnerabilities. Also it should be scaleable (so somewhat future proof) and able to run on low spec PCs.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 04:10:15 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

That's article would of been prior to the last election I think

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 06:28:43 AM »

The tech that needs to run on NHS clients can't be that complex, surprised they don't just modify a Linux build or something and put that on. Would be way easier and cheaper and could make it just as intuitive to use as a tablet or something. And it would be a lot easier to roll out in-house patches to security vulnerabilities. Also it should be scaleable (so somewhat future proof) and able to run on low spec PCs.

I think it's complex because there would be a lot of 'bespoke' things they want doing with it. It's easy enough working out how to do it so that it'd work when a handful of computers used by a handful of people would use it but it gets more complicated because of working out every single possible combination of every single use that could possibly be done (for every single layer of permission for each level of staffing).

My company works for a bunch of publishing companies and nobody has a completely robust, foolproof system when the layer of complexity required for them is much less complex.

Another problem for the NHS is that there are a lot of hoops to jump through to tender for a public sector contract, and there are only a handful of companies that are able to even do a job that big - when you have so little choice of suppliers I could appreciate you'd be inclined towards caution about changing things that currently work just fine.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: