blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Guess their salary
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess their salary  (Read 14476 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »

Norton  - £4m
Lineker - £2m
Evans - £2m
Marr - £500k
Kuenssberg - £250k

None of it is clear cut.

Norton is listed as £900,000, but that is only for Eurovision & his Radio 2 work.

His "highly-rated" BBC1 Show is not included in the £900k, as the fees are paid via a Production Company, similar to the Jonathan Ross scenario I outlined earlier.

Why do you put highly rated in quotation marks?

Norton is clearly the most talented of BBC performers and deserves the highest salary IMO

Well it's just my opinion, but there is nothing I admire about Graham Norton, not one single thing, & I'd not cross the road to watch him if the tickets were free. I have him on a par with that Miranda woman.

Whereas if it were Chris Evans, that's a different matter altogether of course.

IMO......

Evans Huh? A man who is banned for life from playing in The Dunhill Links Championship for dodgy handicap practises.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2017, 09:16:03 AM »

Female BBC stars' letter demanding equal pay to Tony Hall in full

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/22/female-bbc-stars-letter-demanding-equal-pay-tony-hall-full/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »

Response from BBC DG Tony Hall to letter from female presenters

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »

^^^^

I really don't agree with the main thrust of that.

We should not be seeking parity on Presenters by gender (50/50 split) or parity on wages.

We should be seeking to reward talent based upon ability & skill, not gender.

If it ended up with 80% of the Presenting roles being awarded to women because they are better, that's fine by me. And on the same basis, if those women are better than their male counterparts, they should be paid MORE, not the same. 

The reverse applies, too. If men are better at any particular role, they should be paid more & there should not be parity as to how many of them there are.

Increasingly, society & Government are making this mistake - women must have 50% of the roles. That's very very wrong imo. Award positions & salary based on merit, not gender.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2017, 07:23:47 AM »

^^^^

I really don't agree with the main thrust of that.

We should not be seeking parity on Presenters by gender (50/50 split) or parity on wages.

We should be seeking to reward talent based upon ability & skill, not gender.

If it ended up with 80% of the Presenting roles being awarded to women because they are better, that's fine by me. And on the same basis, if those women are better than their male counterparts, they should be paid MORE, not the same. 

The reverse applies, too. If men are better at any particular role, they should be paid more & there should not be parity as to how many of them there are.

Increasingly, society & Government are making this mistake - women must have 50% of the roles. That's very very wrong imo. Award positions & salary based on merit, not gender.

Welcome to modern politics, equality of outcome vs equality of opportunity.

Interesting nugget for ya, in Scandinavia where they have done the most work to remove gender barriers in business and the workplace, more women have flocked to stereotypically 'female' professions like teaching and nursing, not to business, science, etc. The reason being that when you take away as many environmental barriers, it actually amplifies the biological factors. Men and women migrate more towards the jobs they wanted when they were kids instinctively.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:52 AM »

Its a shame the BBC wasnt able to breakdown in more detail the amount of work done by each person and so on. I saw lots of people kicking off about Matt Baker earning more than his One Show counterpart, but I believe he also does Countryfile and some Athletics coverage too. Lots of apples to orange comparisons in that earnings list.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2017, 07:32:06 AM »

Its a shame the BBC wasnt able to breakdown in more detail the amount of work done by each person and so on. I saw lots of people kicking off about Matt Baker earning more than his One Show counterpart, but I believe he also does Countryfile and some Athletics coverage too. Lots of apples to orange comparisons in that earnings list.

Agree entirely.

The Media let us all down badly in how they handled this - they all had an agenda. Anything to criticise the establishment goes, it seems.

"It's not fair" seems to be a more popular headline than "it's all good".

There seem to be very few exceptions to this in the Media.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »

Agree entirely.

The Media let us all down badly in how they handled this - they all had an agenda. Anything to criticise the establishment goes, it seems.

"It's not fair" seems to be a more popular headline than "it's all good".

There seem to be very few exceptions to this in the Media.

I sadly think this is the case whenever you get a large company and/or large groups of people working together. 11 years ago I worked for a massive insurance company and it was remarkable how much "it's not fair' could get you. The amount of people I worked with who did absolutely nothing but would kick off when somebody else got a pay rise. I used to specifically ask my bosses 'what do I need to do to get a pay rise?' and then I would do those things, but this apparently was 'arse kissing'.

I may have shared this story before, but one of my best friends, Australian dude, was the top salesman for that country three years running. First year he got a massive bonus and everyone patted him on the back. The next year he got a massive bonus and everyone grumbled a bit. The third year he got a massive bonus and the bosses told him that they were dividing the bonus between everyone in the team, because....."It's not fair."

He is back in Australia now, crushing it, and when he gets a massive bonus, all his colleagues are telling him well done and trying to get advice on how they can also do well. I know he missed home, but I'm pretty sure the bonus thing was what speeded up his move back.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »

private eye

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »