blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Wolf whistling.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wolf whistling.  (Read 7470 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 11:35:36 AM »

This stuff isn't rocket science is it? Do you think the target of your action is going to appreciate it? Context is everything. The trouble is that to work this out you need social skills. If you don't know or can't guess well don't do it.

If you are planning on wolf whistling at a random stranger I'd say enough women would be upset or intimidated rather than see it as flattery, so you shouldn't do it as you don't have any other information to go on.

If you are planning on complimenting someone on their appearance, some people will like it and some won't, so you need to know who you are talking to. If you are planning on doing it anyway then complaining when the subject of your comment doesn't like it, then why would you want to give a compliment that someone doesn't like? I think you need to admit that you are doing it for your own reasons rather than because you want to be nice at this point.

Exxxxxxxxxactly.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »

This stuff isn't rocket science is it? Do you think the target of your action is going to appreciate it? Context is everything. The trouble is that to work this out you need social skills. If you don't know or can't guess well don't do it.

If you are planning on wolf whistling at a random stranger I'd say enough women would be upset or intimidated rather than see it as flattery, so you shouldn't do it as you don't have any other information to go on.

If you are planning on complimenting someone on their appearance, some people will like it and some won't, so you need to know who you are talking to. If you are planning on doing it anyway then complaining when the subject of your comment doesn't like it, then why would you want to give a compliment that someone doesn't like? I think you need to admit that you are doing it for your own reasons rather than because you want to be nice at this point.

Exxxxxxxxxactly.

I quite agree wolf whistling is cringe, oh my god, so uncivilised. However, if another fella thinks it's a skill then fair enough. The idea that women will be 'upset or intimidated' plays havoc with my equality outlook. I invite any male blonde to proclaim they would be upset or intimidated upon receiving a wolf whistle from a girl? So let's apply the same strength of character to women right?

Personally in this scenario I would snap fist pump on the inside but look cool/normal outside, like it happens every day.

Hmmm...that said if it was a gang of hairy builders all hanging from the scaffolding and whistling at me I would probably vomit. Overall not sure about the wolf whistle actually?!? 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »

+1. speshly if the hairy builders were girls.

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »

Exxxxxxxxxactly.

I quite agree wolf whistling is cringe, oh my god, so uncivilised. However, if another fella thinks it's a skill then fair enough. The idea that women will be 'upset or intimidated' plays havoc with my equality outlook. I invite any male blonde to proclaim they would be upset or intimidated upon receiving a wolf whistle from a girl? So let's apply the same strength of character to women right?

Personally in this scenario I would snap fist pump on the inside but look cool/normal outside, like it happens every day.

Hmmm...that said if it was a gang of hairy builders all hanging from the scaffolding and whistling at me I would probably vomit. Overall not sure about the wolf whistle actually?!? 

Unusual to see you so conflicted!

I think if you are confident you can wolf whistle and be taken in good humour then go for it, if you're unsure or feel that it won't be then best to leave it.

If you think it might be offensive but don't give a fuck and do it anyway then actually you're just a knob.

That's kinda true of a broad range of social environments actually

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 03:04:24 PM »

Suspect the age difference isn't much different than it ever was.

When you are young and attractive, you don't want to go into town and run a barrage of wolf whistles and blokes ogling your breasts every time you go out for a loaf of bread. 

When you get on and an old bag looks back at you every time you look in the mirror, then you are going to be a lot more welcoming of any complement that comes your way.  Of course they come so rarely, that they are much less likely to become tiresome.

Suspect this was pretty much the same when I was younger.  I can't remember any girls I knew looking forward to going past building sites.

Of course you aren't ever going to enjoy people in power grabbing your pussy at any age.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »

Wolf whistling?

Something I could never actually do, since I can barely do a sheep whistle. I always equated it with On The Buses types and hairy builders MANTIS mentioned earlier. Witnessed a fair bit of it in London where never-ending building work keeps an endless stream of builders in the city, and I rarely saw a female looking comfortable in receipt of the ww. But then I've also overheard groups of women agreeing that it's flattering. Wtf? Just proves that it's a totally situational and personal preference issue. Just like all the other stuff that doesn't encroach on the physically or mentally aggressive approach.

I've been married (and faithful) for many years, so I've got no experience of how the world of sex & relationships works these days, but a good mate of mine got divorced a couple of years ago. He joined a couple of Internet dating sites, and after about 18 months he was literally shagged out. There's an infinite supply of men & women who just want (& get) quick sex with anything that strikes their fancy. He's now as happy as Larry in a friends with benefits relationship with a pretty striking female 20 years his junior. Lucky bastard.

Then at the weekends I see girls aged 10-13 all made up & wearing revealing outfits in the shopping malls. Wtf are their parents thinking? No doubt the truth is that the mothers have unwittingly encouraged it as just being "a bit of fun".

So we've got all this Sodom & Gomorrah behaviour going on in real life, meanwhile we've now got people coming out of the woodwork complaining that someone made a suggestive remark or pressed up with their hardon in a slow dance 15 years ago, they've suffered PTSD and the culprit should be sacked/locked up/vilified.

We seem to be living in parallel universes, and it's bloody confusing.

And I need to get this resolved pretty soon, too, since I'm getting divorced.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: