blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:42:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51446 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 10:16:34 AM »

Booo Sad

Hope you're feeling better soon, mate.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »

Bugger!

It's amazing how being ill make you appreciate being well.

The older I get, the better I was.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »

Thanks all been here quite a few times before but never makes it any easier.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 11:47:19 AM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

I had to have a fasting blood test this morning so nothing to eat or drink since 7 last night until the test - which was walk in at hospital 2 hour wait at 7am, can you believe that, for a blood test. Anyway I was telling the kids about when I first feel ill and was in hospital I could have nothing by mouth for a long time (felt like years but was about 6 weeks). The pain I was in meant I couldn’t care less about eating and it didn’t bother me one iota, however not being able to quench my thirst with a sip of water was torture and psychologically really affected me. I would be lying in bed just thinking about having a drink every second of the day and as I’m sure most of you are aware there Is not much to do in hospital so time really does drag. I remember seeing a bottle of Robinson’s Lemon Squash on the patients table who was next to me, I swear to god I could taste it in my mouth. Anyway you could imagine my joy when I was finally allowed to wet my lips with a sponge stick. I promis d myself that forever more I would not take a glass of water for granted. So I was telling the kids this story as this morning it was the one thing on my mind as I was so thirsty and knew it was a good few hours before the test. I stuck with it, queued up for nearly 45mins just to register, finally got to the window, explained to the lady that it was a fasting blood test but I was feeling quite unwell And also diabetic and could I have a drink of water, “yes love, drink as much as you want” FML.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

I had to have a fasting blood test this morning so nothing to eat or drink since 7 last night until the test - which was walk in at hospital 2 hour wait at 7am, can you believe that, for a blood test. Anyway I was telling the kids about when I first feel ill and was in hospital I could have nothing by mouth for a long time (felt like years but was about 6 weeks). The pain I was in meant I couldn’t care less about eating and it didn’t bother me one iota, however not being able to quench my thirst with a sip of water was torture and psychologically really affected me. I would be lying in bed just thinking about having a drink every second of the day and as I’m sure most of you are aware there Is not much to do in hospital so time really does drag. I remember seeing a bottle of Robinson’s Lemon Squash on the patients table who was next to me, I swear to god I could taste it in my mouth. Anyway you could imagine my joy when I was finally allowed to wet my lips with a sponge stick. I promis d myself that forever more I would not take a glass of water for granted. So I was telling the kids this story as this morning it was the one thing on my mind as I was so thirsty and knew it was a good few hours before the test. I stuck with it, queued up for nearly 45mins just to register, finally got to the window, explained to the lady that it was a fasting blood test but I was feeling quite unwell And also diabetic and could I have a drink of water, “yes love, drink as much as you want” FML.

What a reality check that is Ommy.

In many parts of the world, there is no such thing as good, clean water, either.

Certainly makes us think.

Hope you are soon on the mend mate.

PS - Will reply to your PM soonest.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

Great description of that

The sponge sticks are like heaven after weeks without a drink or food but especially liquid. They start to lose appeal when they dry up on you mind Smiley Still remember the first ice pop thing I was allowed tasted like the best michelin meal anywhere as did the first pureed dinner (they very soon lose appeal) the first hospital (proper) dinner was on another level again.

hope things pick up soon
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 01:40:01 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

Thats brought back a few memories, I can taste those sponges in my mind just reading this. Hope you feel better soon and  run well in your next poker trip

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 06:09:13 PM »

Just seen this thread.

Can't do this weekend either....but June looks good  thumbs up

get well soon and see you then.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

What a reality check that is Ommy.

In many parts of the world, there is no such thing as good, clean water, either.

Certainly makes us think.

Hope you are soon on the mend mate.

PS - Will reply to your PM soonest.

Beyond belief how lucky we are to be born in the right country. That certainly is the biggest lottery in life.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27:55 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

The sponge sticks are like heaven after weeks without a drink or food but especially liquid. They start to lose appeal when they dry up on you mind Smiley Still remember the first ice pop thing I was allowed tasted like the best michelin meal anywhere as did the first pureed dinner (they very soon lose appeal) the first hospital (proper) dinner was on another level again.

hope things pick up soon

I know we have abit in common with illness John and you have hit that right on the head. If only I was able to treat food the same as my appreciation for water I’d be as thin as a rake.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

Thats brought back a few memories, I can taste those sponges in my mind just reading this. Hope you feel better soon and  run well in your next poker trip

Thanks very much.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 07:30:13 PM »

Just seen this thread.

Do you play at Luton regular ripple or just follow the 25/25’s? Our paths may have crossed if you do.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »

Ditto

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 08:47:51 PM »

Bugger!

Quite true Tom.

hope things pick up soon

I know we have abit in common with illness John and you have hit that right on the head. If only I was able to treat food the same as my appreciation for water I’d be as thin as a rake.

Same here pal
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 10:16:33 AM »

Trying not to go ahead of myself but ive qualified for the Mission Freeroll next door - 6 handed sit and go to win a Vegas package, £300 for 2nd down to £100 for 6th. Never going to have such a decent chance of winning the dream. Its on tonight. Exciting times. If only to spend the week with Tikay  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: